Status: i will update each new chapter either on a weekend or when i get 5 people to comment per chapter

There and Back

Depression

Jacob didn't want me. He'd never really loved me. He was just using me to get to Bella. He'd lied about the whole imprint thing.
*Well of course he lied,* my brain told me. *You already knew how he felt about Bella. And who would pick you over her? You didn't really think he'd fall for you, did you?*
*No. He wouldn't fall for me. I shouldn't have believed he could actually love me.*

A pair of bloodshot eyes stared at me through the bathroom mirror. I could faintly hear Jace pacing in the other room. "You deserve it," I told my pouting, puppy dog-eyed reflection. "This is what you get for opening up to someone. You've earned getting your heart ripped out for falling in love. God, Elizabeth, don't you ever learn?" I sniffled a few times but my crying spree had died down after a few hours.
"Lizzy? Can you please open the door?" Jace called knocking. I, being a smartass, opened it quickly only to close it in his face. "That's not what I meant."
I cracked it open and he took a step back. "I know exactly what you meant. But that doesn't mean I'm willing to listen. You claim to know me Jace. So when do I ever do what I'm told?"
I once again slammed the door on his face. He let out an exasperated sigh and his footsteps walked out of the room. I slid down the length of the door and hugged my knees. I'd thought my eyes had run out of tears. Boy was I wrong.

*TONY'S POV*
"What the fuck did you show her?" Jace demanded. "She's still locked in the bathroom crying. She was supposed to get over him by now."
I rolled my eyes. “I showed her exactly what you told me. From what I can gather, Elizabeth Swan isn't your average girl."
"Of course she's not," Aro stated. How long has he been standing there? "Why don't we invite Miss Elizabeth to dinner tonight?"
"I'm not sure that's going to work. Lizzy's pretty upset right now and isn't coming out of the room. She won't talk to me, let alone anyone else."
"Well why don't we just try? Tony, would you be so kind as to go get her?"
"Yes sir. But you might want to keep Jane and Victoria away."
"Very good. I will meet you both and Elizabeth in half an hour in the dining room."
"It's not going to work," Jace hissed when Aro had left.
I smirked in his direction. "It can't hurt to try. What do you have to lose? You've already lost her."
Jace scowled as I walked down the corridor to Elizabeth's room. I knocked gently. "Get the hell away, Jace," she croaked.
"It's not Jace. It's me, Tony."
I heard her blow her nose quickly and peek through the door. "What?"
"I was coming to invite you to dinner. Actually, it was Aro's idea. You haven't been out of this room since you got here."
"Have you seen Pirates of the Caribbean?" she asked suddenly.
I was shocked, something I haven't been in a long time. "What?" I asked stupidly.
"Have you seen Pirates of the Caribbean?" she repeated slowly. She was leaning on the doorframe with her arms folded across her chest. Her brown eyes were red and puffy but still full of mockery.
"Yes."
She smirked slightly. "Good. Well I'm going to tell you the same thing that that Elizabeth Swann said. I am disinclined to acquiesce to his request."
My lips twitched in an attempt to smile. "I'm afraid then you have the same options as her. Accept the invitation or eat with an unpleasant party. In this case, Jane and Victoria."
She wrinkled her button nose. "Fine. You win," she snapped. She got ready quickly and opened the door back up for me. Her clothes had been changed, hair and teeth brushed, and she had even changed her slippers for a pair of etnies.
"Shall we?" I asked, holding out my arm. She gave me a look then trudged off in front of me. I smirked at Jace as we entered the room. His mouth was hanging open but he quickly closed it and made his way to Elizabeth. He tried putting his arms around her but she shrugged away and sat down. He frowned for a moment and sat next to her. Aro came in and sat down the table at the head leaving me to sit across from her.
"Now Lizzy, dear one, how is your sister doing?"
"She's probably freaking out because I'm gone. Probably totally comatose by now. She doesn't handle being left very well."
"No, she doesn't. That's how I was privileged enough to meet her. She's very passionate, isn't she?"
Elizabeth didn't say anything. She glared at Aro for a brief second before using her knife to cut designs into her napkin.
"Hm," Aro mused after a while, "I wonder if my gift would work on you. It doesn't work on Bella so maybe..."
"What's your gift?" she asked absentmindedly.
"It's a lot like your friend Edward's. I see thoughts from your whole life. But I have to touch you first."
"Every thought I've ever had? Yeah, sorry, but not even I want to know that. Guess you're shit out of luck."
There was complete silence for a moment before Aro chuckled. "Yes, well, it's your decision. But tell me, does Edward's gift work on you?"
Her face scrunched up in concentration and her eyes looked toward the ceiling. "Um, yeah. It gets really annoying if you ask me."
Aro chuckled again. "I would imagine that it does. But I'm sure Edward is only looking out for you. After all, he's very protective."
"He seemed that way when I met him," Jace chimed in. I noticed that Elizabeth rolled her eyes and started drawing again. “In fact, they all seemed very protective of Lizzy. Even those stupid wolves."
Elizabeth's eyes narrowed. "Shut up. Don't you fucking dare talk about them."
"What do you care? He doesn't want you, remember?"
She shoved away from the table knocking over the chair in the process. Her hands slammed loudly against the wooden table. “Go fuck yourself, Jace.” She stormed from the room without another word, her stomps echoing off the stone walls even after she'd gone.
"Well I think that went well," Aro said pleasantly once again sipping on his glass of blood.
♠ ♠ ♠
awww poracita :( poor lizzy. well, my dear readers, here you go, as promised. i kno that you all want lizzy back in forks with jacob, but what fun would that be if she was rescued so quickly? i hope u still liked it tho XD
thank you to: Art_Flavor, goesincircles, nniikkii18, two sided heart, already insane for commenting