Status: i will update each new chapter either on a weekend or when i get 5 people to comment per chapter

There and Back

Freedom... I Think

"Hm... Playtex or tampax?" I mused. Jane stood impatiently tapping her foot as I weighed the boxes in my hands.
"Just pick one!" she finally snapped. It was really fun trying Jane's neri gotves. Especially because she couldn't do anything in public. It's so easy to piss her off. I could tell that she wanted to unleash the full force of her powers on me.
"Just chill out. Nobody shoved a stick up your ass. I, however, have to shove a tampon up mine. Just wait while I choose a brand."
I stood there for another ten minutes debating between the two boxes before grabbing the cheapest pack of Always ultra-thins. Jane's jaw clenched and her hands were balled into tight fists. If she was human, her face would be bright red from fury.
"What? Diapers are better than popsicles," I defended.
"What?" Her confused look was totally priceless.
I spoke slowly as if speaking to a little kid but I also sounded really sarcastic. "Pads are more comfortable than tampons."
Her teeth snapped together. "Can we just go now?"
"Yeah. Here, you go pay for these while I go put one on. I'll meet you outside. 'Kay?"
She rolled her eyes. "Fine." I smirked the second she turned her back. The lines to the registers were pretty long so it would be a little while before Jane met me outside. I took one last look at Jane and bolted.
I went to the back of the store where only employees were allowed. There was no one back there to see me run out. I was surrounded by crates and boxes, but no people. Well, this is working out much better than I planned. That means I've got to be ready for something to go wrong- because it always goes wrong.
It was easy to go out the back door and into the alley. Again, I was alone. I was about to walk out into the open when I realized that I'd be pretty easy for the vampires to find. Luckily, I spotted a costume store just down the street. I pulled the hood of my jacket up and cautiously stepped out into the sunlight. The streets were bustling with people and I could feel myself getting sweaty. Good, that helps take care of my smell a little. I entered the costume store. A young girl around my age sat at the counter reading a magazine. "Can I help you?" she asked rather rudely.
"Yes, I need some costume stuff."
"Help yourself. I'll be here when you're ready to check out."
"Thank you." I looked through the racks of clothes, searched through the wigs and make-up and looked for anything that could help make me totally different. I found some black skinny jeans, thigh-high leather boots and a long blue coat. I also got a blonde wig that went to my shoulders and flipped out like Sandy on Grease, bright red lipstick, and dark sunglasses. I paid with a credit card I stole from someone's pocket and quickly left. Hm, it was barely ten. Now what?
"Hey pretty lady," a fat man slurred. "You wanna get a drink with me?"
I smiled slightly. "Sure, I'd love to. Are there any bars open right now?"
"I'm sure we can find one." He offered me his arm. Oh, wow, he smelled bad. I wrinkled my nose and took it. He smiled and led me through the main square to a bar a few blocks from the fountain I would meet Tony at. The man pulled out a set of keys and unlocked the door. It was dark when he opened the door and pulled me through the threshold. He leaned in to try and kiss me but I turned my head away.
"Um, lights?" I asked when he didn't turn them on.
"Oh, right. Why don't you just help yourself and I'll be right back." He went to flip the switch and I was quick to take him up on that offer. I pulled out a few bottles of the strongest alcohol and splashed some on my new clothes. I snuck out of the bar before the man was even back. He was so trashed that he was probably passed out somewhere anyway.
It was almost four o'clock and I was waiting near the fountain with my sunglasses on and my jacket collar turned up. I sat in the sun at a table near the fountain watching the different people go by. Tony arrived at exactly four. He looked around curiously, scratching his head. I glanced around once to see only humans. I smiled playfully and walked up to him. I put my arm around his shoulder and he jumped slightly.
"Lookin' for me? I thought you weren't supposed to get surprised."
"I'm not," he smiled. "But you don't really smell like you. Ugh, you smell awful."
"Is that a good thing?"
"Yes. That means it's going to be hard for any of the Volturi to track you."
"Good."
We started walking towards the city walls. Butterflies were flying furiously as we go closer. Once we passed through I felt myself become more light-hearted. I was so excited I actually jumped up and down a few times. "Finally. Now I'm home free!"
Tony stopped in his tracks. "Well, Elizabeth, we can't really leave yet."
I stopped and glared at him. "Wh-what do you mean? Tony, I want to go home."
"I know. It's just that Aro has everyone watching the airports, buses, and train stations. There's no way out of here."
"You have got to be fucking kidding me. So you mean I'm stuck here? I thought this was my chance." I crumpled to my knees. I didn't care that we were in an abandoned parking lot. All I care about was getting home and seeing Jacob. "What am I going to do?"
Tony pulled me into a hug. I clung onto his shirt for dear life. See what I mean about something always going wrong? I was so goddamn close to freedom and now here I am.
Tony suddenly stiffened. He spun quickly pushing me behind him and hissing at whoever it was. I repeat, so goddamn close.
♠ ♠ ♠
i apologize for the late update, my amazing readers. please don't hate me but i got super busy. but, here it is! Lizzy's escape. isnt she (aka, me) a fucking genious? well, for the most part...
anyway, thanks to my awesome commentors: Art_Flavor, two sided heart, already insane, Just Thinking, alyssanparker. i <3 u