Status: active

Take My Hand

Chapter 23-Zacky

I sighed as I shut the tap off. Stepping out if the small shower, I grabbed the medium towel and dried myself off before getting dressed. After making sure that I had everything in the bag, I walked back out to the hospital room. Looking around, I saw that Brian, Chelle, Matt and Val were not here. Most likely getting something to eat. Jimmy was occupying the couch while flipping the channel and Johnny was on the armchair next to the door, Lacey sleeping on his lap. Placing the backpack next to the sink, I went back to my place in the middle of the twins.

Sighing, I re-took there hands into my own and looked at their faces. They look so peaceful, I thought as I stroked Sammy's cheeks. They have been here for four weeks and I haven't left their sides since then. Their friends came by from time to time, but they couldn't handle seeing them like this. Especially Lily, who was like a mother to them. Sighing, I leaned back and looking over at what Jimmy was watching.

""Jimmy. What the hell are you watching?" I asked him.

"The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy. Gotta problem with that?" Jimmy said as he looked over at me upside down.

I chuckled and shook my head. Staring at the ceiling, I thought back to when the doctors would come into the room and kept asking me if I wanted to take them off life support. I looked at then in pure disgust and had to have Brian and Matt hold me back. How could the say that sort of shit when the twins are clearly making some progress. Sam's wrist has healed and Ray was getting better. Their faces didn't have anymore open wounds. They were all healed and the used-to-be scars are now basically not noticeable.

I was brought out of my thoughts when the rooms door opened. In came in Brian, Matt, Chelle and Val with bags of McDonald's.

"Fuck yeah! Real food!" Jimmy cheered and Went over to Val, taking a bag of food.

I chuckled as Matt handed me my own bag. We all began to eat, well, except for me. I just picked at it and took a bite here and there.

"Zacky. Eat something man,"Matt whispered to me.

"I can't. Knowing that my children will possibly never wake up," I mumbled, keeping my tears at bay.

"I understand. But what if they wake up right now and they see there father malnourished? It will kill them to see you look so sick," Matt said to me.

I looked down at my lap, knowing he was completely. Since I've been here, I haven't touched the food the guys and girls had brought. I've lost about fifteen founds just by it. Taking a deep breath, I took a bite of my burger. Matt patted me on the back before going back to his own food. When we were all finished eating, we were just talking quietly when a strange noise met my ears. I looked at the guys and girls before shifting my gaze to the twins.

As my eyes landed on them, I saw their eyelids twitching. Sam's right hand twitched and Ray's let hand twitched. We were all silent when they began to move a bit. But that was just it. I sighed and began to look back down before I saw their eyes snap open and they took a real deep breath. They looked around the room before their forest green eyes with a hint of hazel landed on me.

"Papa," they said before I leaned forward and brought them into a tight hug.
♠ ♠ ♠
whoa! i hope you like! And don't be a silent reader! comment!!

Comment and Subscribe please!