Status: active

Take My Hand

Chapter 33- Zacky

After I told her to not do that ever again, I squeezed her tighter into a hug. After a few minutes, I pulled back and looked at her. Everything was how it should be and I let out another breath of relief. Sam smile at me and kissed my cheek before she got up. Following her, I took her hand and made her stand with me over the grill. She didn't protest. Only until she saw all the meat that was cooking over the fire.

"How can you eat that?" she asked, scrunching her nose up as the smell of cooking ribs, burgers and hot dogs hit her nose.

"It's real easy. You just grab what you'd like, and eat it," Brian said as he took a bite of his burger.

"Not what I meant and you know it, smart ass. On that note, what am I going to eat?" she asked, looking at me.

"Well, Val got you some veggie burgers and shit like that when she went to the market," I said as I flipped some burgers and dogs.

"Really?" She asked.

"Yup," Johnny said.

"Sweet. Hey Chelle!" Sam called out.

"What?!" Chelle yelled back.

"Thanks for getting the veggie burgers for me!" Sam yelled back.

"No problem sweetie! Now smack Brian up side the head. He flipped me off. He's not getting some for about... Three weeks!" Chelle yelled.

"OW! Damn-it Sam! And awe! C'mon babe!" Brian called out as he walked over to her.

We all laughed and Sam kept making little comments. At one point, she asked me if she could get some beer.

"Hold on. Is this your first one ever? And tell the truth," I said all fatherly.

"Nope. I don't know how many I had before, but I never drank myself into a coma or till I couldn't feel my body," Sam said, looking at me straight in the eye.

I looked at her for a few more seconds before saying,"Alright. Your bother can get one too."

"Sweet. Thanks," Sam said as she gave me a kiss on the cheek before grabbing two beers and heading over to where her brother was sitting with Jakie.

"She's a crazy little fucker," Johnny said.

"Yeah. But she's my crazy little fucker," I said with a smile.