Brick by Boring Brick

he's ripping wings off of butterflies.

-Frank's POV-

"I know his type Frank, he's dangerous. You'd be stupid to trust him, yet alone have feelings for him! Even ones of sympathy or friendship. He will drag you down into his pit of despair and will suffocate you with his inner rage.
I can't allow you to fall for his boyish good looks and charm. You'll only get trapped in his web. I mean this when I say; you must stay away from him. He's bad news Frank and not good for you in any way."

I hung my head in shame as I listened to my Gerard go on about how bad and evil the real Gerard was. He had found out about me slightly comforting him the other day, just like I knew he would. None of it made sense to me though. How could the real Gerard be evil, he seemed like a lonely lost kitten, not a lunatic.

I was rudely brought out of my thoughts by fingers being placed under my chin. I stared into eyes that were like a golden sea. Feeling guilty I broke the eye contact to look at my lovers lips. They were partly open like they wanted to spill more words, so I pressed my lips to his, trapping the words within.

I pulled his body down onto mine, feeling the need to be comforted by his warmth. His perfectly made-up eyes slid shut, hiding their green and golden tones. Our lips parted for a short moment and Gerard's words tumbled out.

"I just don't want him to take you away from me. That would kill me... He'll just suffocate you and bleed you for all you're worth."

His words filled the night time air around us with a deadly tension. The words were finding ways to slip into my subconscious and plant themselves into my brain and heart.

Shaking my head to clear it, I looked at my Gerard. "How can he be so evil though? He seems kinda sweet and he was crying the other day. Evil people don't cry." I tried to reason with my lover, but he wouldn't listen to my words.

Removing himself from my chest, he crouched next to my ear. "You don't believe me? Fine, we'll see how long you last in your dreams and the real world without me. I won't be back, until you realise the truth behind my words. Remember though, just because you can't see me, doesn't mean I can't see you; my sweet little bunny." He whispered roughly into my ear. He placed a sloppy kiss on my cheek, which seemed to sting like a ant bite. I quickly scrambled to my feet, trying to follow him, but he was already gone. The misty forest I was in grew colder and darker, as I spun around trying to find a way out. Howls and shrieks called out to me from the darkness. I froze feeling terrified and very alone. A twig snapping behind me brought me to my senses and I took off running, trying not to fall.

Run, run, bunny run...


-x- -x- -x-


I was beyond crabby when I arrived at school the next morning. Everything was annoying the hell out of me today. Ever since my Gerard had left me alone in a nightmare, I had been acting like I was on my man-period or something. Well atleast that's what my mum had said, before we had parted ways. Walking through the schools entrance, I glared at anyone who dared to get in my way. I kept walking until someone ran into me, almost knocking me over onto the cold and dirty tiled floors.

"Can't you fucking see where you're walking?" I growled at the person. I straightened my hoodie and stared at the chest infront of me. My eyes moved up until they met eyes that looked like they had been coloured in with red crayon, they were that bloodshot. I felt my gaze soften as I took in Gerard's hopeless appearance, he looked like he was falling apart. I know I'm supposed to stay away from him, but I needed to know if he's alright. Before I can utter a single word though, Mikey appears and starts questioning his older brother.

"Gee? What's wrong?" He bites down on his lip, as though he's afraid to say more. Just like Mikey, I stand there and wait for an answer.

Gerard looks like he's debating with himself whether to answer Mikey or not. Finally he looks up, right into Mikey's eyes.

"You wanna know what’s wrong? You really do?” Gerard asked, it almost sounded like he was taunting his brother for caring. "Grandma’s not here… That’s what’s wrong” He cried out. Sobs could he heard coming from his body frame, as he took off running down the halls.

As I watched Gerard run away, I felt myself split into two. Half of me wanted to go after him, while the other half wanted to listen to my Gerard.

Still staring after Gerard, I voiced some of my inner thoughts to Mikey."Is he going to be okay?"

The nodding of Mikey's blonde head gained my attention."Hmm, yeah, I reckon.. Argh... Anyways you need to come to my place after school, so we can start on that English project." Mikey said, referring to our project on animal cruelty and animal testing. We had to do some massive oral speech in our topic and we had to decide whether we were for it or against it. We were against it, of course.

I nodded my head lamely in response. I didn't want to go to Mikey's house, because Gerard would most likely be there, but my house was still being unpacked from moving. So Mikey's place was the ideal study location.

Without saying anything, I turned and left Mikey in the crowded halls.

-x- -x- -x-

At Mikey's house there was no evidence of Gerard what-so-ever. There was only photos of Mikey on the mantelpiece, certificates belong to Mikey on the walls and old drawings on the fridge, that a five year old Mikey had drawn. It was nice and all, but where was all of Gerard's acknowledgements? Oddly I found myself obsessed with this little detail. It was eating away at my insides, but I felt awkward asking Mikey about it, so I kept my mouth shut.

Spotting the bathroom, I sent Mikey an apologetic smile and jerked my thumb in the direction of the bathroom. Mikey nodded and told me he'd be in his room, across and down the hall.

I stepped into the bathroom, closed the door and locked it behind me. Leaning against the door and sighing, my eyes were instantly drawn to the mirror, my image seemed to blur as I stepped closer. Stepping infront of the basin, I rubbed my eyes.

"Ohmyfuckinggod!" I exclaimed, eyes widened in fright. What was staring back at me, wasn't my reflection, well it was... Kinda. My reflection was what I had looked like a year ago, before I had met my Gerard.

I didn't have my tattoos, piercings or any eyeliner on. I looked young, lost and innocent without my body art. I had forgotten that I had once looked like this. I had changed so much in that one year.

My shaking fingers reached out towards the mirror, but my reflection didn't. The glass felt smooth, cold and flat against my fingertips. How was this happening, was it even possible? Was I somehow dreaming? Closing my eyes, I counted to ten, then slowly opened them again, my reflection hadn't changed.

My hands flew to my mouth keeping screams in, as my reflection's mouth open and closed, like it was telling me something. The look on my younger face was painted with the colours terror and sadness, it was a screaming masterpiece. My reflection's moved moved faster and hand actions were added in, as he got worked up over something. I noticed him growing paler and weaker, as the mute talking took its toll on him.

"Frank are you alright? You've been gone for awhile." Mikey called through the door, accompanied with a knock. I looked towards the door, my lips trying to form words, but finding none due to my shocked state. With a sigh I turned back to the mirror, but my reflection was back to normal.

I touched the mirror again, running my fingers over my reflected face. My eyes were as wide as fishbowls, my bottom lip was jutted out due to pouting and I was shaking. Shaking as bad as a three-legged table. My vision blurred and I felt like I was going to throw up. Leaning over the basin, I breathed deeply, trying to calm my earthquake of a stomach. It seemed to work.

Deciding I had seen enough, I opened the door to find a worried Mikey. He ran curious dark hazel eyes over my body.

"You okay?"

"Yeah... There was a spider near the toilet, I waited till it moved a bit. Spiders freak me out." I replied with half a lie and a lose smile. Mikey didn't need to know that I was losing my sanity.

"Ha. Okay.. Well can you come help me get some stuff from Gerard's room? Don't worry, he's not home yet." Mikey asked. I nodded my head, which made him grin. He took off down the hall and down into the basement. I followed him at a turtles pace, not feeling the need to be a hare like Mikey.

Entering the basement, I was instantly suffocated by Gerard's scent. It invaded my senses, tingling my heart and calming me down. How could the real Gerard smell like my dream Gerard?

Mikey was digging around in a closest, his bum in the air, like a duck diving for food. I allowed myself to walk around the basement/Gerard's room. My hands danced across every surface, collecting the dust and exploring every crack. My fingers soon found an art book, being a curious cat, I opened its cover and flicked through its tattered pages.

The drawings it held were distrubing, but beautiful. They captured my inner demons and kept my attention. Picking the book up, I brought it closer, so I could study the drawings better. Each drawing told a different story, but they all ran along to the same theme - sadness, loneliness, and anger.

Then they started getting happier, I broke out into a grin as I glanced upon a page filled with love hearts. Millions of them, all different sizes. It was like looking at a school girls notebook, while she hopelessly crushed over some boy. Moving onto the next page, my smile ran away.

"No.." I whispered. I looked at the page again, tears forming in my eyes. The art book fell from my fingers, landing on the floor with a small thud.

My hands flew to my hair, twisting and grasping until it hurt. As tears mixed with eyeliner ran down my face, I started screaming. Loud, hopeless, soulless, pitiful screams. I wanted to scream until my lungs failed and filled with blood. I wanted to cough up all that beautiful crimson liquid and choke on it. I wanted to scream so hard that my body organs exploded out of my body, leaving me a bloody, dying mess on the polished floorboards. I wanted to stain the floorboards with my remains and be a horrible, gut-wrenching reminder to everyone.

Mikey's arms wrapped themselves around me as I screamed, he rocked me back and forward like a rocking-horse. He tried to comfort me with soothing words, like a mother would, but got no results. I screamed until my voice gave out, but my heart remained screaming in my heavy chest. Mikey gently wiped the tears from my eyes and asked why I had screamed. I pointed at the art book, still open on that terrifying page.

Mikey raised an eyebrow, but picked the book up. I watched his face closely, waiting for his reaction. I saw the exact moment he realised what he was holding and looking at. His fingers gripped the book tightly and looked at me with wide eyes. Rubbing my eyes, I started crying again. This time pulling my knees to my chest and rocking myself.

Mikey was looking at a drawing of me. A drawing that looked like the reflection I saw upstairs. A drawing of me that hadn't even met the real Gerard, so how did he know what I looked like back then? This drawing was dated over a year ago.

What the fuck was going on?

Even though I wanted answers, I suddenly didn't feel safe. I just couldn't stay another minute in the Way household. I ran out of the house and straight past a slightly drunk looking Gerard. I ran until I reached my room, where I was safe under my thick blankets, with my favourite teddy bear, Spike.

Nothing but my imagination could hurt me here.
♠ ♠ ♠

I'm really sorry, I should of had this up ages ago.
sorry about the wait..
I got abit busy with studying for exams, the bloody things /=

I know this chapter doesn't make up for the wait, so please don't hate me...

HELLO TO ALL YOU NEW READERS AND COMMENTERS!!!
you guys are some of the best readers out there, not only do you read, but you comment!
danni and I really appreciate all the feedback you leave us,
it lets us know what you think and makes us figure out how we want the next chapter to go.
so if you haven't left us a comment, then please feel free to!

once again sorry!
xo.
violet vixen.