‹ Prequel: This Sea Of Lonely

Oh How Time Flies

2/3

The next few days passed by quickly and before we knew it, Bandit was locked away in her room, getting ready for her prom night. Alicia had taken her dress shopping a few weeks back; ever since she and Mikey got married she’s pretty much taken over the feminine influence in B’s life.

Frank was running around the house, trying to find his camera; I think he was more excited about her prom than Bandit was. He’d mentioned once that he never got to go to his own prom, something about his boyfriend at the time, Cameron, not wanting to go so Frank didn’t either. I always got a little angry about the way he’d treated Frank during their relationship, he didn’t deserve a wonderful guy like Frank.

“Found it!” I heard Frank exclaim from somewhere around the house. He soon came back to the living room where I was sat on the sofa, waiting for Bandit to get ready. Minutes later, I heard the sound of high heels clipping down the hallway.

“So, how do I look?” She asked from the door way. Standing up, I took in her appearance; she wore a flowing scarlet dress, finishing just past her knees with a black sash around her waist. Her high heels matched the colour of her dress and so did the lip stick on her lips as she smiled at us.

“Bambina, you look- you look so beautiful.” I said softly, stepping forward and pulling her into a tight hug, careful not to mess up her hair which was set in a half up half down style.

“You look amazing, Bandit, you really do.” Frank added, giving her a quick hug once I’d let go of her. As I stared down at my little girl, who really wasn’t that little anymore, tear started to well up in my eyes.

“Thanks Frank – Dad, stop being such a girl.” She said, lightly shoving my shoulder

“I’m sorry, I just- Oh, my little bambina!” I cried, pulling her into yet another hug as I let the tears fall.

“Non piangere, dad. Hey, man up.” She said, pulling back from the hug and using her thumbs to wipe away my tears.

“You’re right, you’re right.” I sighed, breathing deeply to try and control myself.

“I’m always right.” She stated with a grin. Soon I’d finally stopped crying, and then the door bell rang. “I’ll get it.” She walked over to the door as Frank and I made our way into the hall. The door opened, revealing Quinn, her date. He didn’t seem like the kind who would willingly dress up, but it looked like he’d made an effort tonight. He wore a black suit with a white shirt, a red tie around his neck which matched Bandit’s dress. Although his blonde hair was still unkempt, he’d cleaned up good.

“Hey B.” He greeted her as she put her arms around his neck in a hug, his arms around her waist hugging her tightly back. My eyes watched like a hawk where he kept his hands as they embraced, making sure he didn’t try anything. They then pulled away and Bandit leaned up to peck his lips, he then reached into his pocket, pulling out a red corsage which he slipped onto her delicate wrist as she grinned at him.

Immediately, Frank started to snap pictures of the two of them together, he must’ve taken at least twenty pictures before I cleared my throat, gaining the attention of everyone in the room.

“Can I have a word you, Quinn, in the living room please?” I asked. He nodded and followed me into the room whilst Frank and Bandit stayed in the hall, Frank still taking photos. I sat down in an arm chair as Quinn took a seat on the sofa, wringing his hands together nervously in his lap.

“I’m pretty sure you know the gist of what I’m gonna say,” He nodded. “All I ask is that you take care of her tonight and that there’s no funny business. I know that you both plan on going to a party afterwards, and I also know that you’ve both been dating for a while now. But don’t think for one minute that I’m going to let anything happen to my daughter that I don’t think she’s ready for. If I find out that she doesn’t end up at Ashley’s house tonight as planned, there’s going to be hell to pay for. Understand?” I asked. My voice was stern throughout the whole of my speech and I knew that I could be pretty intimidating when I wanted to be, he certainly proved that as he gulped and looked up at me with wide, fearful eyes.

“Y-Yes sir.” He said.

“Good. Well that’s all I really wanted to say, so you’re free to go now.” He nodded again and stood up, heading briskly back into the hall. I grinned, happy that I’d gotten my message across, I then returned to the hallway where Frank had begun taking pictures once more.

“I think that’s enough photos, Frankie, let the kids go.” I said, putting an arm on his shoulder, making him pout and lower his camera. “Have a good time, you guys.” Quinn put a hand on Bandit’s lower back as he led them out of the house, out to where his car was parked. Frank and I watched them until they drove away down the street.

I sighed begrudgingly, heading back into the living room and collapsing onto the sofa. Bandit’s basically all grown up; soon she’ll have finished high school and will be going off to college, leaving me behind. She wouldn’t need me anymore and I’m gonna miss that love in my life. I felt the sofa sink as Frank sat down next to me, allowing me to rest my head on his shoulder.

“I had a feeling you’d be like this after she went, all down in the dumps and what not,” He said, running his fingers through my hair “That’s why I have a few surprises in store.” I glanced up at him as he beamed down at me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hmm what's little Frankie up to? Who knows, i don't :D

comments make me happy, so don't make a poor girl sad by not commenting :)

xox