Status: In Progress

I Set Fire to the Rain

Professor Umbridge

I snickered quietly as Fred and George left some pastries for Professor Umbridge on her desk before class began, so far it was just us Gryffindor’s in the classroom waiting for he Ravenclaw students to arrive along with the professor.

“You two are screwed if you get caught” I told them as they sat down in front of me.

“We’ll be fine, we can always blame it on peeves. He has it out for her after she attempted to get rid of the Hogwarts ghosts” Fred pointing out.

“And Peeves will take the blame?” I inquired amused.

“She can’t do anything to him; none of the ghosts like him and the only ghost that can control peeves is the Bloody Baron” George added.

I smiled amused as a few Ravenclaw’s arrived. “So are you two ready for the game on Saturday?”.

“When are we not, but if we don’t beat Slytherin Angelina is going to kill us” they answered in unison as Umbridge entered the room.

“Now, this year you have your N.E.W.T.S and notes have shown that not many of you received any O.W.L.S in this class; but those who did must have practiced the method in their mind.

Turn to page fifty three and read over the method.” She smiled at us as we took our book.
“Ms. Lefebvre, please come up here” she added with the smile that made me sick every time I saw it.

“Yes?” I asked walking up to her desk.

“Now it shows here that you did not take your O.W.L’s yet, but somehow you have been placed in N.E.W.T.S classes. Now it would not seem fair for you to start learning your final studies and not understand them. It would be preferable for you to be moved down to fifth year classes and take your O.W.L.S this year” Umbridge smiled.

“With all respect Professor, I skipped two years in magical studies; I’m supposed to be in this class” I told her.

“That might have worked in France but not here at Hogwarts; or at least not in this class, I’d like for you to return here during the fifth years in the next class period” she urged sending her gaze towards the door.

Glaring at her I took my stuff and stormed out of the room slamming the door behind me as I headed towards the Transfiguration classroom.

Once I got there I noticed it was a fifth year class trying to vanish a snail on their desk.
“Ms. Lefebvre, what are you doing out of class?” McGonagall asked causing everyone to look towards the back of the classroom where I was waiting for her.

“Professor Umbridge” I murmured softly, she nodded going outside into the hallway with me so that it wouldn’t be public information.

“Professor Umbridge kicked me out of her class” I added causing her to shake her head.

“What happened?” she inquired.

“She claims that it wouldn’t be fair for me to take an N.E.W.T.S level class without having
taken my O.W.L.S. , she switched me into a fifth year class” running a hand through my hair I
let out an aggravated sigh.

“I will talk to Professor Dumbledore about this, but for know I suppose you will just sit in my class during this class period and attempt to teach yourself what you should be learning. You don’t need to fall behind, especially in that level course. Come along” she ushered into her classroom.

A desk appeared next to her desk with a flick of her wand, “Ms. Lefebvre, could you teach the class while I take the situation with Dumbledore? It’s only a simple vanishing spell, not something hard” she inquired as she stayed near the back of the room.

I sent a s simple nod as she walked out, soon enough Ron called me over to help him.

“How in the bloody hell am I supposed to do this?” he hissed aggravated.

“You just swish your wand and mutter the spell Ron, its mostly in the wrist movement and how you pronounce the spell” I told him.

“Why don’t you give it a try” he offered.

“Evanesco” I murmured over the snail and watched it disappear.

“Great. I’m done” Ron announced joyfully which turned into a frown when I brought his snail back with just a swish of my wand.

“How’d you do that?” he asked astonished.

“Silent spells, most wizards have to do them with a wand but a few can do it wand less” I admitted amused as he tried to get his snail to go away.

“So what did Umbridge do?” Harry asked reminding me that he sat next to Ron.

“Just kicked me out of class, no big deal” I muttered.

“What were you even learning today?” he asked amused.

“How to learn the shield charm by attempting to read about it; I don’t understand how anyone will receive any N.E.W.T.S this year with her method” rolling my eyes I sighed, “Madame Maxime would have never stood for this in the palace”.

“Yes, well that’s Madame Maxime who just happens to be half giant” Ron reminded me as I sent him a look.

Soon enough the class ended, Harry wrapping his arm around me as we walked towards lunch. “Do you think you’ll be returning to your class anytime soon?” he asked softly.

“No, I doubt she’ll let me back in her class. She’s using this trying to prove a point that Hogwart’s education is far more outstanding than Beauxbatons; she’s trying to use me as an example to send word to France. France has believed in what Dumbledore says” informing him I chuckled;

“So what do you say about going to Quidditch practice with me this afternoon?” he offered as we took our seats.

“You could always help me out with my D.A.D.A work?” I countered back causing him to kiss my cheek.

“I don’t think you need any help with that class, but sure. If you get on a broom after practice”
Harry urged causing me to shake my head. “I’m not getting on a broom; you of all people
should know that” I reminded him.

“it won’t kill you, and it doesn’t make sense for a quidditch player’s girlfriend not to have every ridden a broom” he reasoned, not realizing what he had just said; I was still upset on the subject of him and Cho.

“If you want a girlfriend that enjoys riding a broom so badly then go out with Cho; I know she’s just dying to be your girlfriend” I hissed turning away from him as I started eating my lunch.

He sighed knowing he had gotten me upset as I just stared in front of me and noticed that Cho was watching us; “Oh there she is, you should go snog her and then you two could go flying” I hissed somewhat loudly causing the people sitting at the table to look at us.

“Will you not cause a scene, not everyone needs to know what’s going on in our relationship” he muttered looking at me.

“And I could care why? Apparently you find it embarrassing that your girlfriend won’t fly on a broom” I hissed.

“Sophie. Stop this” he ordered sternly.

“I’ll tell you when I decide to listen to you” I murmured before standing up and walking out of the great hall.