Status: In Progress

I Set Fire to the Rain

Mind Tricks

“How do you like Romania?” I was asked as I walked into Charlie’s kitchen to make breakfast by George.

“First of all, why are you here? And second of all I’m loving it” I replied confused and really regretting not having put on pants when I got out of bed.

“I thought I would stop by for the day, I didn’t think you guys would be busy but apparently you’re gonna be busy today” he noted pointing at my nude legs.

“We got in a bit late” I muttered in self defense as I took out the cooking utensils, “Are you eating too?”

“Yes please, and let me guess. From the club?” George inquired amused.

“Maybe” I replied sheepishly.

“Are you two sleeping together again?” he accused as Charlie walked out of the same
bedroom I had walked out of just wearing his boxers.

“And if we are?” Charlie inquired kissing my cheek.

“Well I would advise you not to show it when you guys move back to the burrow at the end of the summer. Harry’s going to be there and you two don’t need to be flaunting your new
relationship in him. Not now after what happened with Sirius” he warned us.

Charlie scoffed, “First of all we’re not moving back to the burrow and second of all we don’t flaunt it in public as much as you’re making it sound like; last time I noticed this is my place”

“I’m just the messenger, don’t let it out at me” George put his hands up in defense.

“Who was the sender and what did you mean by saying moving back?” I asked softly.
“Ron and Ginny” he chuckled amused.

“Dumbledore needs you two in England for now, they need a dragon expert over at Gringotts so Charlie you’re needed there and Sophie he needs you to be on the lookout throughout London for the moment” George explained taking a seat waiting for food.

“When does he need us there?” Charlie inquired sighing; he was happy in Romania and didn't want to leave.

George thought about it for a bit, “As soon as possible, and Mum said she didn’t mind having you guys at the Burrow”

“There’s not enough space at the Burrow, now with Bill and Fleur there along with Ron, Ginny, Hermione and Harry. But I’m sure Sophie and I will find a place quick enough” Charlie assured George.

“As long as you assure mum that you two are sleeping in different rooms I’m sure she won’t make a big deal out of it”

I set the finished meals in front of the boys and watched amused as they devoured it quickly, “So George, what are you going to amuse us with today? We don’t have work today so we’re all yours” I told him.

“Well I lied, I just didn’t want to get here and tell you guys the change of plans without making conversation” he admitted amused.

“You sure? We’d love to show you the city” I urged him to stay.

“How about you guys come down to Diagon Alley? It’s gotten a bit boring there” he offered.

Charlie looked over at me, to make sure I was fine with the plans; I nodded giving him my answer. “Yeah, that’ll be fine. You go ahead and we’ll get ready” Charlie told his younger brother before taking both plates and setting them in the sink.

George grinned at us before disappearing from the kitchen leaving Charlie and I alone. “So that means we have to go get ready?”I asked.

“That or we could fool around a bit” he suggested with a smirk before pecking my lips softly causing me to laugh and push him away.

“Then we’ll never leave” I reminded him.

“That’s not true, we can have a quickie” he said huskily his breath hitting my neck as he kissed it softly.

“Now what type of person would I be if I let you get away with everything you want?” I asked amused kissing him softly before pushing him away and walking into the bedroom,
smirking when I heard him whine following behind me.

“Have I told you how much I love your new hair?” He inquired placing kisses on the back of my neck as I chose what to wear.

Amused I laughed, “Yes, and it’s not working”.

Eventually I got him to change as I finished putting on my makeup, “Come on, we can even go look for a small apartment if we have enough time” I dragged him out of the bedroom.

“Or we can just stay in bed all day” he whined.

“We do that already too much, let’s do something productive today” I urged.

“Alright. Alright. Let’s go to London” chuckling amused he kissed me one more time before grabbing my hand so we could apparate together.

Arriving in Diagon alley reminded me of going to school at Hogwarts, going shopping for my school supplies last summer for my first year at Hogwarts.

Reminding me of when I was still seeing Harry, instantly regretting going there as I thought back to how he was probably dealing with everything that had happened.

I had ended things the second time around, but it killed me knowing it had been my choice. I was too scared of being in a real relationship, where he knew my dirty secrets and he had admitted that we would have to work on them.

Shaking my head I pushed the thoughts to the back of my mind I put on a smile on my face and grabbed Charlie’s hand. I had managed to get myself to believe that I was happy with him and I was going to stay that way.

“You ok?” he murmured softly.

I nodded kissing his cheek as we walked into the twin’s joke shop, it was packed the only happy place compared to Diagon Alley.

“Guys, I’m sorry but mum sent a letter while I was at your place saying she would be doing supply shopping today with the lot” George apologized to us as we walked up to him.

“And?” Charlie inquired confused.

“You two aren’t the most popular people to the lot right now. And by that it’s mostly Ron and Ginny, but you guys know how those two get” Fred admitted.

“Charlie you haven’t seen your mum in a while, you stay here and I’ll go into the city for a few hours” I tried to assure him.

“No, those two need to mind their own business. It shouldn’t matter if I’m seeing you now. It doesn't include them.” He protested.

“Are you sure? You don’t need to get in fights with them over me, I’m alright with leaving”

“Hundred percent sure” he smirked kissing me softly.

“Then just keep the PDA on the down low” the twins snickered.

“Shut it” he muttered amused walking off with Fred to see the inventory.

“Ready to become a Weasley?” George teased as we just wandered.

“Honestly? I always thought I’d become a Potter” I sighed.

“Everyone did, we didn’t expect for you to be the one to end things after Harry found out about you and Charlie. But are you happy with what you decided to do?”

I shook my head tears swelling up in my eyes, “I’m miserable. Don’t get me wrong. I adore
Charlie and I care about him. But it’ll never be as much as I loved Harry. I still do; but him and I have fucked up our relationship so many times it’s not healthy” I pointed out.

“Then why are you keeping yourself with Charlie. He’s head over heels for you and you act like you are too but I can see through it” George murmured.

“I don’t want to hurt him too. I’ve hurt enough people who care about me. First Harry, I don’t want Charlie to be next.”

Pulling me into a hug he rubbed my back, “It’ll be alright. You never know, you and Harry could end up together in the future. Nothing’s set in stone” he reminded me clearing my face of any tears, “Now cheer up, Hermione should be here soon; you’ll get to see her”
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit

Sorry for the wait!