Status: In Progress

I Set Fire to the Rain

Let's just take things slow

Pacing nervously back and forth in Fred and George’s joke shop I groaned not knowing what do, “Guys. How do I tell him?”

“Just tell him, he loves you and he’ll be fine with it” George murmured handing me some tea.

“But he’s still young, he won’t want to get settled down so quickly” I retorted.

“He would drop everything at this very moment, if he would get to marry you. Isn’t that settling down enough?” Fred questioned.

I glared at him, “There’s a difference between me and him having a kid and me adopting one and having him help me raise it”

“But he’d still love the kid as if it was his, Charlie’s not the type of person to hold resentment” they said unison.

“You’re right. It’s one of the reasons I love him so much. But do you think we’re ready for this?” I asked them one last question.

“Yes, you two are loving, caring people. But you never answered our question. Where does this kid even come from?”

I sighed looking at them, “One of my friends from Beauxbatons, she was older than me by a few years, we were close but I somewhat lost contact when she graduated and I transferred to Hogwarts. Anyways, she had a kid but she was just found dead last week. Her parents are dead and she left me custody of her one year old son”

“So you guys were close?” they assumed.

I nodded, “Exactly, I can’t just leave the little boy alone. He has no one; the least I can do is take him in”

“Well than kudos to you, Charlie will understand. Look at this way, you two just moved into the new flat and you have that extra bedroom”

Hugging the both of them, I grinned. “Thanks guys”

“No problem, now go talk to Charlie about this before he shows up here thinking you’re going to end things with him. Poor bloke’s been here this whole week”

Leaving the shop I headed to the new apartment, which was still crowded with shipping boxes, “Charlie are you home?”Setting down my purse I looked around the bedrooms until I found him on the bed just resting.

“Hey, how are the twins?” he murmured kissing my cheek as I took a seat next to him while he sat up.

“They’re good; they helped me decide on something” looking him in the eyes, “I know we just got together, and me asking this of you is a big deal. But how would you feel about
having a baby in here?”

He looked at me, his brows furrowed, “Are you pregnant?” he asked confused.

I shook my head laughing, “N-n-n-n-o” I repeated amused, “But how would you feel if I were to adopt? You don’t have to play an important role, if you don’t want to; I completely
understand. But this is something I’m doing and if you want no part in this then I understand”

Pushing a strand of hair behind my ear, he breathed in “Calm down, now start at the very beginning”

“Hailey, one of my closest friends from Beauxbatons was found killed a few days ago, she has a young son. And in her final will she stated me as his legal guardian. I’m willing to take care of him, he deserves a normal childhood”

He kissed me softly, “And you do have a point, and I would never stop you from doing something like this. I’m here to support you and him”

I smiled at him, “Thank you”

“Don’t worry about it, when will he be moving in with us?” Charlie inquired excitedly.

“In a few days, I have to go sign some legal papers in the mean time and we have to set up his nursery” I beamed standing up.

“And his name is? Maybe we can decorate with block letters” he offered.

“It’s William, but Hailey used Will all the time so I was thinking we could stay with her idea.
But I’ve got to get to work with his room. Do you want to come?”

Heading towards the bathroom he called over his shoulder, “Let me shower and I’ll go with you”.

Image

Charlie and I walked into the French Ministry and headed towards the legalized paperwork level. We were picking up Will and I was signing the last few papers needed, my heart swelling with joy when I saw him sitting a stroller dozing off.

I couldn’t help but grin when I signed the last paper and picked him up in my arms, it felt right to have adopted him. I could change his life in so many more positive ways as if he had gone to an adoption home and that was enough to make realize it was right.

“I really hope he doesn’t wake up in the floo system” I murmured to Charlie while I rocked Will back and forth.

“I don’t think so, he looks really out of it. We should be fine” Charlie noted as he picked up some green powder while we stepped into the fire place.

Arriving in our apartment I sighed in relief to know he was still sleeping, only to have him wake a few minutes later, “When does your mom want to meet him?” I asked softly as I rocked Will back and forth while walking towards his new nursery.

Charlie kissed my cheek as I set Will down in his crib, “How about tonight for dinner, she’s been dying to see the little guy and Bill will be there tonight with Fleur”.

Pecking his lips I nodded, “And she’s ok with you taking him as your responsibility?”

Wrapping his arms around my waist from behind he set his chin on my shoulder, “She was surprised at first but then she realized she’d be getting a grandchild and she started sewing him a sweater, he’ll be getting his very own Weasley sweater.”

Image

“And you have his things in the portable baby bag?” I asked for the fifth time as I put Will into his stroller.

“Babe it’s fine, I’ve got everything and if I forgot something I can always apparate here in a second and back. Relax” Charlie chuckled grabbing my hand so we could side apparate to the burrow.

Arriving at the burrow I laughed seeing Will’s small little eyes go big seeing everyone and everything hustling about the house. And somewhat getting startled when Mrs.Weasley charged at us with a Cheshire grin, “Is this him? Oh he’s wonderful, look how cute he is! Is that red hair I see?” she asked excitedly to the both of us as she picked him up.

“It’s a strawberry blonde but it’s still a bit of red” Charlie mused kissing my temple as his dad walked over to us, “he’s gorgeous you two”.

Will started fussing and crying and Molly handed him over to me, “Are you two sure about this? Having a child is a big responsibility” she murmured worried.

“I’ve never been more sure about anything like this” I assured her as Charlie went to the living room to set up Will’s things such as his play pen and his small bouncer.

She smiled at me touching my shoulder softly, “Well then let’s go put on his Weasley sweater, he is a Weasley now after all”.

A few tears appeared in my eyes as I saw her put his sweater on him, he had a family now and he wasn’t alone. And that’s all I could ever ask for him to have, “Now I know Dumbledore will have you patrol Hogsmeade once the school terms starts, and since I don’t have much to do around here. I wanted to know if you would let me watch him. It’s the least I could do
since you three are living in London”.

“Oh, of course!” I smiled hugging her tightly, “And thank you for accepting me, even though I’m younger than Charlie; and for accepting Will so openly”

Molly chuckled lightly, tears in her eyes too, “It’s the least I can do, I’ve never seen Charlie so happy, to talk so excitedly about something. I haven’t seen that in him in a long time and if it’s him making a family with you then of course I’ll accept you two”.

Our moment was interrupted by Ginny and Ron stomping down the stairs, “Mum! Why is there three more spots on the table?”

“Sophie, Will and I are here for dinner” Charlie told them.

“Who’s Will?” Ron complained.

Mrs. Weasley glared at her son, “You’re nephew Ron, now behave”.

Ron glared at me and then saw Will in my arms and just stomped back upstairs, “Harry is still here isn’t he?” I asked softly.

“They’ll be on their best behavior, don’t worry about it” Charlie murmured kissing the top of Will’s head.

Nodding I looked down at Will, “I’m going to set him down for a few minutes. My arms are getting tired”.

Charlie shook his head taking Will from me, “I’ll take him, go see Hermione. Dad told me she’s here too”.

Thanking him I headed upstairs to where I knew she would be, with Ron and Harry. I had to get over my fears of seeing Harry. It was now or never.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait guys.

Will