Status: In Progress

I Set Fire to the Rain

Deciphering

“You won’t be letting what happened between you and Harry affects us right?” Hermione inquired as we walked down a hall.

“What are you talking about?” I asked her softly, looking at my hair.

“The fact that I never see you and when I do; you leave quickly after you see Harry next to me” she pointed out shaking her head.

“Don’t be ridiculous, I’m seeing you right now aren’t I?” I chuckled.

She shook her head; “We wouldn’t be having this conversation if Harry was here” she muttered.

I looked at her before looking around, “Look there he is now and he’s walking towards us.
And look, I’m not leaving” I refuted her previous comment.

She gave me a skeptical look as Harry walked up to us, he smiled over at me but it
disappeared as I glared at him; Hermione elbowing me in the ribs seeing my facial expression.

“I said I wouldn’t walk away, I never mentioned anything about being a bitch” I sang softly to her.

“Where are you going?” Harry asked.

“Seventh years get free class periods” I reminded him smugly before walking off to find
someone to keep me busy I was pulled back by my arm by Harry.

“Can I help you?” I muttered continuing to walk as I pulled my arm back.

“Can we stop this?” he inquired softly.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about” I told him simply.

“You know what I’m talking about, we’re not five. We can talk about this in a civil matter” he reminded me.

“There’s nothing to talk about, you yourself said I could be friends with people I had relationships with previously” I muttered.

“So we’re ok then?” inquiring he looked at me skeptically.

“Does it matter?” I questioned ending the conversation.

“Yes, it does” insisting he continued to hold my gaze.

Scoffing I shook my head before I ran into a small second year, “Sorry” I told him honestly.

The little boy just smiled; “Professor Dumbledore told me to tell you that he needs to talk to you and something about butterscotch” he informed me before running off past me probably to join his friends.

“You wanted to talk to me professor?” I inquired as I entered Professor Dumbledore’s office.

“Yes, Ms. Lefebvre. I was hoping I could ask you something; take a seat” he smiled softly.

“Sure” I murmured as I took my seat at the left chair across from his desk.

“Now, I know this may take a bit for you to understand. But what can you tell me about your parents?” he inquired softly.

I furrowed my brows but managed to answer his question; “Just that they worked in the
French Ministry of Magic and were both pure bloods. I was only ten when they died”.

He nodded; “Do you remember them telling you any bed time stories?”

Shaking my head I looked at him, “Sir, could you just explain to me what you need to?” I asked softly, politeness leaving my tone.

“You have to remember it yourself and from there you will figure out what I need you to realize. I can’t be the one to remind you or it won’t make the same impact. But if you need some help, think back to your childhood with your mother” he advised before letting me go.

I knew only one person that would be able to help me out and decipher what Dumbledore had just told me, but after what I made him go through a little bit ago I knew he would wary on whether to help me or not.

Shaking my head I headed back to the common room to have some time to myself since technically I was done with my classes for the day.

Chuckling I found Harry and Ron in the common room; “I thought you two had classes?” I asked them softly.

“We skipped, we’re too tired to bother going to Charms” Ron muttered just staring into space.

“You think you could let Harry and I talk?” looking at Ron hopeful that he would say yes.

“Just don’t start snogging and head the dorm, I’m sleeping” warning me, Ron stood up and headed towards his dorm.

“Now you want to talk to me” Harry muttered as I sat across from him.

“You can thank Dumbledore for that” muttering I shot him a look.

“What do you need?” he asked.

“You know how to decipher his hints right?” if he didn’t know then I would completely screwed with what he had asked me for.

“Most of the time, but Hermione’s always there to help me. Why? “He asked confused sitting up and actually putting his attention on the subject.

“Just something he told me. He wants me to remember some bed time stories that my parents would tell me, but I have no idea why he would want me to remember them” admitting I sighed confused.

“Just give it time, if he wants you to remember them then they must be important. Sleeping for a bit usually helps me” he helped out.

“Thank you. Oh and Harry, I’m sorry for making your life hell for the past two weeks” murmuring I smiled.

He shook his head; “I don’t blame you, you had every right to be angry still. We’re still friends
right?” he asked.

I nodded standing up, “I’m going to take a nap. But thanks Harry” I headed towards my dorm; maybe by some coincidence the nap would help me unlock childhood memories.