Status: a work in progress

Claimed

Shards of the glittering Sky

Haven, the City of Embers is hidden deep within the mortal world. Yet some of its entrances and occupants are very noticeable like the woman who appears to be blind but claims to tell the future. Then again there are many people who appear that way, but if you can see the tiniest of ember in their hair and the speckles of gold in their eyes then they are the gate keepers of the city. The protectors of the divine asylum to the Seers, to who can only be appointed under the rule of her highness Queen Basilia, a woman whose beauty is as radiant as a thousand suns and temper as merciless as a demon’s. Under her are her two daughters and only son who rule the three districts of Haven with the same royal demeanor as their mother in political duties. The third district belongs to Princess Horatia, the youngest of the children though no one is to know her real age, it is said she has the body of a child. The second district belongs to Princess Aparicia, the second child and most quick tempered one of the royal family. Rumor has it that the princess slaughtered a thousand men single handedly during the Crimson Siege in order to protect her mother’s throne. Lastly the first district belongs to Prince Arecio, the eldest and only son in the family of mainly women. Little is known about the prince due to his refusal to see anyone outside his protective walls, but whispers around the district is that he has a cynical personality with no tolerance for imperfection. Though that is said his district is well occupied and very full of life, that being said as I look down at the bustling streets outside Alexis and Andrea’s loft window.

Not too long ago my body was a glow with blue symbols that made Jacqueline’s face swarm with negative emotions. I have never seen her look so panicked in my years of knowing her and that is all thanks to her guardian for training her so properly. Seer guardians are not supposed to show their emotions, by doing not showing them one is able to protect themselves in battle. Which is why Alexis and Andrea were also taken aback when a flustered Jacqueline appeared on their step, eyes a blaze and weapon drawn. I have never seen symbols like the ones that appeared on me before in my life. Though there are a few protective charms on me already none of them compare to the tingling sensation of the ones that lit up my body. I don’t know why, or how it happened but I have a feeling Jacqueline, Alexis and Andrea have a pretty good idea to what’s happening to me. I glanced in their direction as they sat on the couch discussing the matter in their own language to keep me from understanding them. Yet the whole time Andrea eyes stayed trained on me, as if she knew exactly what was going on with my body. I let my forehead press up against the cool glass as the sky changed to black velvet and the buildings started to glowed with fiery colors of orange, red, and gold.

Here the time of day changes according to the ruler of the district’s will and it seems the Prince feels it time for evening festivities. Granted I’d rather have time here move at a consistent pace, but I love the look of the town when night rolls in. I would love to live here with my own kind so I wouldn’t have to hide what I am, but for some reason mother is oppose to it. I have tried to ask her why, but she avoids answering me. So after some time of persisting I have finally given up asking her and have tried spending as much time in the city as possible. I let out a sigh and turned around having my back lean against the window. “So what’s going on with me?” I asked breaking into their conversation.

Jacqueline looked at me, face paler than usual, “Those symbols on you are something we can’t explain ourselves.”

“Those drawings are not something we have been exposed to before, “Alexis said as Andrea remained silent.

Andrea then stood up, “Follow me,” she said and walked out of the room to which to rest of us followed obediently. Andrea led us to a room where we filed in and took in the rare decorative weapons that hung from the wall. There was a sofa and a singled out loveseat near the window. Alexis looked around the room inspecting the items in the room along with Jacqueline being careful not to touch anything. Walking around the room my attention was caught by a small wooden box that sat on a night stand under a lamp. As I approached it a shimmer of greens and blues washed over it drawing me more with my curiosity. My hand started becoming fidgety as it hovered over the lid of the box just itching to open it. I let my finger touch the top of the lid and electricity shot through me like nothing ever before and I liked it. My finger slid over the lid and felt the groove of carvings on the lid that shocked me painfully making me recoil my hand and hiss in contempt. I hissed ? I lunged toward the box when Andrea’s hand grasped my wrist. She looked pissed as her eyes were glowing bright green with power that I couldn’t match. Suddenly I felt a prick from my finger as Andrea was speaking in a foreign language I couldn’t follow. Yet what I noticed did frighten me a little. Coming out of my finger wasn’t blood, but a dark purple cloud hissing vivaciously at Andrea and I. For a brief moment the cloud looked like a woman with long hair until it was sucked into the box.

“Don’t touch the items in here,” she said as she walked to the door and shut it closed locking it with a key. With the sound of the click a white light went through the room and we all stood in our true selves. Flaming red hair, glowing green eyes, and ivory skin with sheers of silver and blues granted not all Seers look like us. Normal Seers look like regular people, but we aren’t normal Seers whom only see the future and shift. We are Seers of the Sacred, our DNA holds something special and very rare to find in today’s world. Andrea walked over to me, “Sit.” She said and I took a seat in the loveseat. “What you just saw was a fairy called Necia. She’s one tricky bitch,” Andrea said as she searched through a drawer and pulled out a rose colored stone.

“This is mom and dad’s old treasure room isn’t it?” Alexis asked.

“Yup,” Andrea responded, “They left it to me, and is supposed to be used in only emergencies.”

“And my situation seems to be an emergency?” I asked her as she leaned toward me with the stone.

“Yes. I fear so.” Andrea said as she pressed the stone to my forehead, “In nomine tuo oraverint et origo sacra revelat.” Then my body started glowing again as the symbols showed up making my body feel the strange tingling sensation.”

“What’s going on?” I asked as Andrea eyes roamed over my body looking over the symbols.

In nomine tuo oraverint et origo sacra revelat,” Alexis whispered from the corner of the room.

“What?” I asked.
“In the name of the Sacred reveal your intentions and origin,” Jacqueline said and I looked at Andrea who was looking pretty upset by now.

“Shit,” Andrea whispered under her breath.

“What is it?” Jacqueline asked.

“It-“

“Andrea!” Alexis yelled cutting Andrea off before a loud crash came from outside the door.

“Intruders!” Jacqueline yelled revealing her dagger like nails before the door was blown off its hinges. Smoke rolled into the room as dark silhouettes darted about as Andrea grabbed me and brought me close to the large window. Her charm pistols appeared in the palm of her hands as the sounds of battle swarmed our senses.

My vision showed me what was happening in the dark to a certain degree when I felt the stone pressed against my forehand again. “celare te,” Andrea said and the glowing ceased. I looked at her in a panic when I saw her green eyes turn gold for a moment. Andrea was seeing something when her head should be in the battle before us. Alexis’ scream broke through the room when Andrea came to and she looked at me with an uneasy rawness in her eyes. She pulled me close and kissed my forehead when her pistol went off shattering the glass behind us. “Stay alive and he will find you.” She whispered in my ear and then I was free falling. If I was ever to die I would have never thought it would be at the hands’ of one of my close friends. Especially Andrea, besides the feeling of my scream being caught in my throat I could feel my heart breaking into pieces as I flew by every window on the way down. I don’t know if it’s the realization that the concrete is slowly catching up to me or the fact my last moment of my life is seeing Andrea crying that I myself am crying.

“Stay alive and he will find you.”

Save me

he will find you.”

Someone…Please…save me

Blackness slowly came around me as I felt myself saying my last goodbyes. I took one last look at the sky when I realized a pair of yellow eyes staring back at me.

Pretiosa
♠ ♠ ♠
So tell me what you think.
Comment and Subscribe. Please and Thank You