Status: Finished :) Don't be a silent reader!

You Only Live Once

"Live Like We're Dying" -Kris Allen

When Gemma got to school, she hurried to her locker, trying her best not to be late for class again. She threw books in to her bag, barely even noticing which ones were which, and headed off to class, landing in her seat with less then thirty seconds to spare.

Only about four minutes of the class had passed when Gemma saw a note land on her desk. She laughed quietly. it was from her best friend Harper, who was sitting right next to her. For some reason, instead of just whispering something to her, she found it more dramatic and fun to send crazy, colorful notes.

Gems!
Hey.
‘Sup?
Boring ass class, huh?
So anyways… Tyler invited me (and you, of course) to a beastin’ party on Saturday night. Are you in? Or are you in?
PLEASE SAY YES.
-Harps


Gemma shook her head. She didn’t really like parties that much. This year, no one ever had a regular party anymore. There was always drugs, and always alcohol. She just didn’t really want to get herself into that kind of trouble just yet. Gemma was only a sophomore; there would be plenty of time for that later.

Harper…
You know how I feel about those kinds of parties. There’s gonna be pot, right? And beer?
-Gemma


GEMMA!
Please.
Come on.
Me and Tyler just started going out, I don’t want to totally reject him when he’s inviting me to a party for the first time!
And plus, it just would not be the same without my bestie most awesomest bestest coolest amazingest friend in the whole wide world..
You don’t have to do anything! We can just dance and chill and stuff. It’ll be fun! Come on Gems, you only live once!
-A DESPERATE HARPER


Harper:
Ugh. I know I’m going to regret this… But fine. I’ll come. But you can’t leave me to go suck face with Tyler for hours! Okay?
-Gems


Gemma glanced over and saw Harper’s face split in to a smile upon reading the note, and then she started scribbling furiously.

WOOHOO!!!!!
Thanks Gems!
You’re the best, you know that? The absolute best!
KISSES! AND HUGS!
XOXOXOXO


Gemma laughed at her way-too-excited note, and then wrote back quickly,

Okay, I’m coming. Now, let me pay attention to what Señora Lopez is saying, because I would actually like to learn something in this class.

Harper smiled over at her and mimed zipping her lips with her fingers. For the rest of the class, Gemma took notes dutifully, and even answered a question correctly, in fluent Spanish.