The Plague of Popularity

To Most I Wish The Best.

“Shit.”

I glanced at his porch; his mother was waiting for him. She had her arms crossed and was tapping her foot a mile a minute. As soon as our doors were shut and we walked up his drive she spoke.

“Michael James Way, do you have any idea how I felt getting a phone call from your school today?”

He put his head down, I did the same—we both waited for her to scold us.

“Telling me my son was missing from school, but not before he got punched in the face for sticking up for one of his friends. Gerard told me what happened today and I’ve never felt prouder of you Mikey; Frankie, you too.”

We both shot our heads up at her grinning face. She stepped down to us and pulled us in for hugs.

“Frankie, I think you’re a good influence, just don’t let me hear about your skipping school ever again and we’ve got a deal.”

She smiled at me and I could only nod in response. She pulled me back a moment, letting Mikey into the house before me.

“Gerard’s been in his room since he got home, go and see if you can talk to him please?”

I nodded and she hugged me. Why couldn’t I have a mom like Donna; she actually cares for her kids even though she knows her husband’s a sleezeball. I opened Gerard’s door and crept quietly down the stairs, my breath caught in the back of my throat as I took in the sight of him. He was sleeping on his stomach. His hair falling in his face, mouths lightly open and his chest rising and falling at a steady pace.

I knelt next to him, taking the arm that was hanging off his bed in my own; playing with his fingers. He made a noise but remained asleep. I smiled at him; brushing his hair out of his face, as soon as my fingers had tucked it behind his ear his eyes shot open. I quickly removed my hands from his body and sat back.

“What are you doing here?”

“Your mom wanted me to check on you.”

“Not what I meant.”

He sat up as I looked at him confusedly.

“Why’d you do it?”

“Today?”

He nodded. I just shrugged.

“I just snapped. I was tired of being Linda’s puppet; I don’t want to do this anymore. I can’t do it anymore.”

He opened his arms, suggesting I come to him. I climbed onto his bed next to him and he pulled me onto his lap, just holding me. I rested my head on his shoulder as I felt tears fall from my eyes. He rubbed my back, not saying a word at my breakdown.
♠ ♠ ♠
i know i update a lot, just make sure you haven't missed any!