The Plague of Popularity

The Marquee Sign For Your Sheep.

“I’m Mikey, I’m sorry about your dad.”

So the walking stick with glasses has a name; of course he’d have a name. I really need to be nicer to people.

“So why am I staying with you?”

“Our mom’s are best friends. You really don’t pay attention to anyone other than yourself do you?”

I looked over at Gerard, he was looking at me like I was nothing but mere dirt on the bottom of his shoe.

Your mom’s Donna?”

He rolled his eyes and walked past me, shoving me with his shoulder as he did so. Mikey gave me a small smile; right I was taking them home.

“He’s always like that, he doesn’t like people much. He’s always been blunt too. We’ve seen pictures of you, just never expected what we got in person though. Sorry.”

He looked down at the ground; he was a pushover that much was obvious. A chatterbox as well; I hope this wasn’t a long car ride. It was going to be awkward and uncomfortable as is. Gerard was already leaning against my car as Mikey and I made our way out.

“What happened Frankie? What’s the freak show doing on your car? Who’s that?”

Travis was never the brightest crayon in the box and I don’t think he ever will be.

“Nothing happened, our mother’s are friends and ordered I take them home and that’s his brother.”

He just nodded and waved, running over to Dan’s SUV. Surely to tell him I was contaminating my car with the filth that was Gerard Way. I unlocked the car and climbed in for the worst car ride of my life.