The Plague of Popularity

Stained By The Scratches Of Another.

My father wasn’t home—well his car wasn’t in the drive and he never parked in the garage. I didn’t think twice about it; all I wanted to do right now was curl up in my bed, in Gerard’s arms and sleep away my thoughts.

I know they’ll still be there when I wake up; I just want to prolong them for as long as I can. He even walked around to my side again, opening my door for me; pulling me into his arms once I was standing.

How could one person change so much about me with the smallest touch? I mean it, all I’ve ever known I wanted to throw out the window when I met him. He makes me want to be the best person that I can—he doesn’t even know that—at least I don’t think he does.

“Thank you.”

His response was pressing his lips against my left temple. I smiled into his chest before pulling away and heading to my front door. I couldn’t get the image of how apathetic my mother was to being kicked out—let alone I knew exactly what she meant about ruining everything.

I let us in and took us straight to my room, not bothering to show him my massive house. I took his hand in mine as I led him upstairs and into my room. I closed the door behind us, removing my shoes as I made my way to my bed.

“Can you just lay with me and hold me?”

I asked so softly I was afraid I’d have to repeat myself. I hadn’t even turned around to face him; he had heard me though. I felt his arms wrap around me from behind, turning me to face him as he placed soft kisses on forehead, my cheeks, my nose, my chin and finally pressing his lips to my own.

Something inside of me snapped it came to life in tenfold. I pulled him closer, taking over the kiss. My body was doing its best to let him know just what he meant to me; I think I was failing at it—miserably.

“Frankie, let’s, let’s just, let’s just lay down, yeah?”

Had I done something wrong? I just nodded and climbed into my bed and lay against the wall—facing away from him. Why am I so quick to think I screw things up—oh, that’s right, her. I felt his arms pull me to him, his chest molding perfectly to my back as he held me to him.

I managed to turn around to face him; I nuzzled his neck, placing gentle kisses on his skin when I could. I just needed to touch him, to feel him, be near him; I was becoming dependant on him and it scared me. I didn’t know what I was doing.

“Gee?”

I sounded so scared, so lost; most likely because I was.

“Yeah?”

“I’m scared.”

He brought a hand up to play with my hair as I kept my eyes closed and my breath tickled his neck.

“Of what Frankie?”

“Everything.”