The Plague of Popularity

Fairweather Glory.

He was still very close to my face, my entire body actually. I could feel his body heat radiating off of him—I was having bad thoughts. He hates me anyways; I wanted to say something, anything to defend myself but I knew and he knew I had nothing. I did the only thing my mind would process; I grabbed his arms and kissed him. As soon as my lips touched his and he kissedback I shoved him away. He stood staring at me, mouth open; just staring at me.

“I’m sorry, I’m so sorry, I didn’t, I mean—“

“Shut up Frank. I would’ve never suspected that about you though. What would your friends think about that?”

My eyes widened, he wouldn’t say anything would he? He smirked at me before sitting on the edge of his bed, I mirrored his action and sat on ‘my’ bed. We just stared at each other, neither of us moving or saying anything.

“Before you even ask, I’m gay. If your friends find that out I’ll walk up to you in the middle of the hall and lay one on you. Unlike you I won’t care if people see who I kiss.”

“Who’s kissing who?”

We turned to Mikey's form on the bottom of the stairs.

“Frank kissed me.”

He just stared at us both and then burst out laughing.

“Yeah right Gerard, like Frank would date the likes of you, I’m pretty sure he has taste big brother.”

Gerard looked slightly put out.

“What’s wrong with me?”

Mikey smirked at him.

“Do I really need to answer that?”

Obviously I was invisible at the moment. Gerard nodded and Mikey grinned.

“You’re an ass, plain and simple. Who wants an asshole for a boyfriend?”

I couldn’t help but let out a small giggle; now they look at me.

“Take it back!”

Gerard tackled Mikey to the floor and they were wrestling with each other, Gerard managed to pin Mikey down.

“Take it back or I’ll kiss you!”

Mikey shook his head no.

“You wouldn’t da—“

Gerard pecked Mikey on the lips, quickly mind you, but on the mouth no less. Mikey shoved him off, wiping frantically at his mouth, spluttering over and over.

“Eww, you’re gross! You really are a freak! Frankie save me!”

Mikey jumped behind me and crouched—like I could protect him from Gerard.