Status: In Process.

Always.

But the sign outside says, 'leave me alone'.

I began the walk back to the buses alone but half way there I heard someone calling my name, "Emma! Get back here now!"

I turned around to see Brendon angrily heading towards me.

This should be great. I sighed and waited for him to catch up.

"What the fuck was that?!" he snapped and I crossed my arms.

"What was what?" I asked as he pushed his wet hair back.

"Um, you drenching me with water?!"

"Ok Brendon let me tell you this slowly so you'll understand. You stop talking to me for days, I get here and your friend picks me up and on top of that I've been here for hours and have we even spoken to each other? No. So excuse me if I'm a bit pissed."

"I mean..."

"I don't care if you have a girlfriend Brendon but ignoring me is the part that pisses me off." I said glaring at him.

"I don't have a girlfriend Emma."

"Well whatever you want to call what you and her are. Are we done here?" I asked and he sighed, "Yeah. I guess."

"Great. I'm leaving Thursday. So I'll be gone in three days no worries." I said turning to keep walking.

"You live with me."

"That's what you think love."

"Wait. You're going back home?" he asked grabbing my arm quickly.

"It's better this way. I mean we live two way different lives which is fine I mean you worry about you, I'll worry about me and everything will go back to normal." I said with a forced grin.

"What's normal Emma?"

"Us not being friends. I mean we really barely know each other. I don't even know why were friends. It's silly." I said with a grin.

He frowned, "no it's not."

"I mean why be friends if were just going to be like this?"

"I can't not know you now Em." He said seriously and I shrugged, "oh give it a week or two you'll forget." I said with a grin before I pulled back from his grasp.

His eyebrows narrowed in thought before he finally spoke, "I don't think that will work Emma."

I smiled, "it'll be fine. Nice knowing you darlin'." I said giving him a salute before walking away. Even though my heart was breaking and I could feel tears starting to form. I walked onto the bus and went straight to my bunk hoping I'd fall asleep so I could have at least a few hours of peace.

"Ems, you coming to the show?" I heard Ryan ask softly as he shook me lightly.

"No." I mumbled pulling the cover over my head.

"Brens upset what did you say to him?" he asked.

"Who cares? I hope he's miserable." I mumbled as I kept my eyes closed.

He sighed, "you two need to quit this."

"Ryan, go. I'm sleeping." I said not in the mood.

He sighed, "fine." He closed the curtain back and I sighed as I opened my eyes. Maybe I should just leave tomorrow I mean having to deal with this is going to be hell. I forced myself back to sleep and of course being left alone here apparently isn't something that can happen. I was woke up yet again I don't know what time it was but it was Gabe trying to wake me up.

"Ugh, what is it with you people waking me up??" I asked as I grabbed his hand so he couldn't shake me again.

"Ems, come on. Don't sleep. I'll forgive you for not seeing the show this time but you should go out with us."

"Or you should just go to sleep and I'll gladly accompany you." I said and he sighed as he laid beside me in my bunk.

"You're gonna leave aren't you?" he stated and I opened my eyes to look at him.

"No point in me staying."

"Well whatever you said to Brendon made him tell Vicky that he didn't want anything serious." He stated and I shrugged, "that's up to him. I mean, I have nothing to do with that."

"Really? I mean, when a guy blows off a girl for another one that clearly means he likes her." He said with a grin.

"No clearly means he feels bad which he should."

He laughed, "right ok. But the thing is Ems, I think you like him too and if you do maybe you should at least tell him before you leave."

"I don't..."

"You're trying to lie to the king of all liars Ems. It's not working."

I looked up at him and sighed, "just...don't tell anyone."

He grinned, "secrets safe with me love. Although it shouldn't be because I think both of you are stupid."

"Thanks."

He shrugged, "I mean if you're leaving what do you have to lose?"

I shrugged and he sighed, "ok well look if your leaving tomorrow please come out tonight and spend time with me and the boys. Please!"

"Fine..."

He smiled and hugged me tightly before climbing from my bunk.

"Get ready. You have 30 minutes."

"So demanding." I mumbled as he helped me out.

"Some girls like that."

I chuckled as I went to find my bag.

"I'll just ya know, wait up front." He said and I nodded as I went to change in the bathroom. Once I was done getting ready I walked up front to see Gabe still sitting on the couch tapping his fingers anxiously.

"Ready?" I asked and he hopped up.

"Finally! You look cute by the way." He said with a grin and I know I blushed, whether I like Brendon or not I still thought Gabe was wildly attractive.

He chuckled and slung his arm over my shoulders as we walked out of the bus. Once we arrived at the bar, club sort of thing everyone else was already there. We walked over to the corner where everyone was gathered around laughing, talking and I began to feel very uncomfortable as I spotted Brendon sitting at the table staring absentmindedly at his drink as we sat down.

"Hey guh." Ryan said patting my knee as I sat beside him.

Brendon looked up at that and his eyes locked with mine for a split second.

"So you're leaving in three days?" he asked and I nodded looking away from Brendon to Ryan.

"Well, maybe tomorrow actually." I stated and he frowned, "what? No."

"Because Ryan. When times get tough she runs away." Brendon spoke up as he pushed his empty glass away.

I laughed harshly, "what's tough here?"

"Us. You're running away because your scared. You're always scared Emma. Scared of how things will turn out so instead of finding out you leave at the first sight of trouble right? So that way you can't blame yourself if things turn out badly."

I bit my lip and he spoke once more, "but the thing is you don't really want to leave and you sure as hell don't want to fight with me because if anything, I know you don't want to go back home to your parents and I know you feel safe with me and you should because I will take of you. And I think that's what scares you. Depending on someone else, scared of someone hurting you. It seriously disturbs me how closed off you are Emma. I mean even when you're pissed off at me like you supposedly are right now I wouldn't know! You don't even yell. I mean pouring water on me was the first reaction I've ever had from you." He said sliding his chair back and standing up as everyone at the table was now silently staring at us.

"But maybe you should leave Emma. Just go. I mean, I'm sick of constantly worrying about you, thinking about you when you don't give a fuck about me." He said loudly and I was a bit taken aback simply because I've never seen Brendon truly mad. He loosened his tie he had on forcefully and if I bit my lip any harder it would bleed.

"I'm leaving." He said with a sigh as he grabbed his phone and shoved it in his pocket before walking away.

Gabe and Ryan instantly looked at me and I placed my hand on my face.

"See." They both said at the same time.

I breathed out trying to control the tears I felt appearing. This just keeps getting worse by the hour.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for the comments:
ShawnieRiot
ravenclaw820
PATDROCKS!
amandalovesmatty
incredible_mess (I hate to say the rest of your comment isn't right. but good guess. lol)
Elizabeth Justine (and I lol'd at your comment. Partly because you censored yourself...haha.)