Status: In Process.

Always.

Always.

3 weeks.

3 weeks I went without talking or seeing Emma.

Time moved slower than possible almost painfully, yet nothing as painful as the way my heart felt. How could I let her leave when I love her so much? It is possibly the most ignorant thing I've ever done. Actually, I'm sure in fact it was.

I criticized her for being so scared when in fact that day, I was the same way.

Scared.

Now I was without her which was worse than I imagined. My life seemed to be daze like after that point on. Those three weeks seem like a blur and before I knew it I was standing on my porch.

I opened the front door trying to mentally prepare myself for how cold my house would seem without her. Not seeing her dancing in her pajamas in my living room or singing into a a spoon in the kitchen. My grasp on the door tightened either because I needed physical balance or because it was too much to take in.

I stood in the door way for a good ten minutes realizing how utterly and completely dull my life was without her. How did I make it before? I have no idea. All I knew was I wanted her home. I wanted her here with me, in my arms where she belonged. Where I knew she was safe and taken care of. Not with her piece of shit parents.

Don't think for once I did nothing after she left. I tried to text her, call her, email her, anything possible really. But the only thing I ever heard from her was her voice mail or things I over heard Gabe telling the guys.

I threw my bags on the floor and sluggishly went to the couch. It physically hurts to even breathe without her. I didn't even think that was possible for someone to feel until now! the only thing filling my head was how I had to see her, to smell her, to hear her voice. I decided irrationally to just try to see her and right as I grabbed my keys up my phone began to ring.

"Yeah?" I asked in a rushed tone as I locked my front door.

"Brendon. Something's happened." Ryan said so seriously I came to a halt.

"What? What happened?" I asked not even hearing my own breathing.

"Emma is in the hospital."

At that moment everything shut down. My hearing, my talking and almost my breathing.

"Brendon! Did you hear me?!" Ryan yelled and I tried to speak, "wha..what happened?" I asked shaking so bad I couldn't open my car door.

"Her mom..."

"Just...I'm on my way." I said throwing my phone in the passenger seat as I drove like a maniac.

That bitch. That fucking bitch. I swear I've never wanted to physically harm someone as bad as I do her mother. She didn't even deserve the time of day from Emma. I clinched the wheel so hard my knuckles turned white. By the time I got in the hospital I was scything mad and that was an understatement. I reached the waiting area Natalie told me they were at and Ryan stood up instantly.

"I'll fucking kill her. Do you here me? I'll kill her." I said so angry I was seeing red.

He placed his hands on my shoulders tightly, "Brendon. Calm down ok? Just cool it. Do not get yourself kicked out. For Emma." He said and I breathed in deeply.

"Is she ok?" I asked through my clinched teeth.

"Yeah...she has a broken arm and she was unconscious for a while so there doing some test..."

I closed my eyes and sighed, "ok."

"Sit down." He said and I sat beside Natalie who patted my knee and gave me a weak grin.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Supposedly she fell down the stairs. But we all know there's more to it. Emma won't let her mom in the room." Ryan stated. I nodded angrily agreeing.

"Why are you here?" I heard and looked up to see the devil herself.

"Me?! Why the fuck are you here?" I asked jumping up angrily. I mean, I would never talk to a woman like this especially a mother but she was neither. She hurt Emma and that didn't fly with me.

"She's my daughter! I have a right! You're nothing!" she spat out.

"Really? Because I'm the one who has been taking care of your daughter because you're a piece of shit mother who hits her and threatens her. But you're right. I'm nothing." I said so heated I had to remind myself where I was.

"You need to leave!"

"See, the thing is I don't have to Emma is a grown up. You have no say. Honestly man how can you allow this to go on?! You know it happens yet you pretend like everything's fine. She's hurting Emma. Sweet, loving, beautiful Emma. Does she not mean anything to you?!" I asked loudly as her dad walked up. He said nothing as her mom looked ready to attack.

"With all do respect if you even deserve it. I'm not letting this go on. I mean...How is it ok to hurt her?! She does nothing wrong but try to please you two! Its pathetic! No. She'll move back in with me and I'll pay for her college and she can be happy, go lucky Emma I've fallen in love with that you two are too blind to see...or in your case to stupid to protect. What if she had killed her? Huh?! Would you be able to live with yourself sir?! Because I wouldn't! You're a lousy excuse for a father. Aren't they suppose to protect their daughters?" I asked glaring at her dad.

"You're right..." he said softly.

"Neither of you deserve her." I said my anger now dying down since it was all out.

"Who are you to talk to us like this?! You know nothing about us! You're just so damn punk rock star wannabe who's probably been using my daughter for sex! I knew she was going to be one of those girls!" her mom spat out and I glared at her, "first of all I haven't even touched your daughter so its impossible for her to be one of those girls whatever those may be."

"Yeah I doubt that's true."

"It astonishes me how little you know of her and how little trust you have in your own child. She is beyond amazing but you wouldn't know that."

"And I bet you would."

"Karen! Leave the boy alone! Dammit! He's right and you fucking know it!" Mr. Nicholls yelled and I even saw Natalie jump in her seat.

"You've manipulated me so many times into thinking it's all her and when I'm home I just don't see it and convince myself she's nicer when I'm there so I don't have to get on to her but he's right she is wonderful and so help me if I found out you did this you'll be put in jail." He said sternly and his wife crossed her arms angrily.

"And divorced." He added angrily.

"You wouldn't!"

"I would." He said stomping off and she through a tantrum before walking off herself.

I looked over at rYan and Natalie and they sat there stunned. Before I could speak a nurse walked up, "Emma is back in her room now."

They both gave me the ok and I followed the nurse to the room and thanked her before I went in slowly.

"No. Why are you here?! I don't have energy to argue with you." She mumbled and I shook my head as I sat beside her.

"No arguing. Darlin, what happened?" I asked brushing her hair from her face as my heart picked up speed. The part of me needing her and missing her was now pulling so much at my chest it hurt.

"Tell me. Let me fix it." I whispered and she closed her eyes.

"You can't fix everything Brendon."

"For you I'd do anything."

She placed her hand on her forehead and for a moment I thought she'd cry but she finally spoke softly, "what do you think happened Brendon? My moms a bitch and she fucking pushed me down the damn stairs!"

I sighed, "you're dad said he was going to have her put it jail for it."

Her eyes shot to mine and I spoke, "I kind of had a yelling match with them outside. She sighed and closed her eyes once more.

"I hate her Emma. I hate what she's done to you and honestly when I got here my full intention was to just murder her I was so mad." I said rubbing my fingers over her hand.

She bit her lip and tears began to fall and my stomach twisted into knots.

"What's wrong?" I asked squeezing her hand.

"I'm not some damsel in distress that you just show up to rescue Brendon and then leave. I can take care of myself."

"I know this."

"Then why are you here?" she asked and my eyebrows scrunched together, "I love you. You know that...and I'll be damned if someone hurts you in any way with me even remotely close enough to protect you Emma. Whether you want me around or not I can't help it. I love you and I have a strong need to take care of you, protect you and I will. I told your dad you were coming home with me."

"Brendon. No." She said wiping her cheeks.

"Yes. yes you are." I said sternly and she sniffled, "just leave me alone."

"See? I'm afraid I can't do that darlin. I can't live, breathe, even think without you. You're my life Emma. So no. I can't just leave you alone now." I stated as I brushed my fingers over her cheek. Before she could speak there was a knock and we looked over to see her dad walk in I stood up to leave and he motioned for me to sit down, "no stay."

I nodded and he began to pace, "Em-em I'm sorry. I'm so sorry I couldn't see what was going on right in my own home. Or maybe I just didn't want to I don't know..."

"Dad..."

"No let me finish. I'm truly sorry and I know that doesn't make up for it all but from now on it'll be different. I'm leaving your mother and getting my own place I know I'm hardly at home but I figured when I was you could stay with me some."

"Where will I be the rest of the time? In that house alone?!" she asked.

"No. With Brendon." He said and my eyes shot to him.

"What?" she managed to ask and he chuckled, "kid loves you a lot Ems. And he's made me realize a lot. I kind of like him." He said and I chuckled as she ran a hand through her hair.

"I won't have to worry about you being alone all the time and I know he'll take care of you almost better than I can. Expect I'll be paying for college." He said giving me a look and I laughed, "its really no problem sir."

"The name is Tom and it is to me."

"How long have you been together? just like to know to how much crappier I could get."

"We're not." She said instantly and I bit my lip.

"Ever?"

"Nope."

"But he wants you to move in, willing to pay for college and kill your mother?" he asked and I stifled a laugh.

She shrugged and I looked up at him, "in all honesty I love her sir."

"Ah I see...and Emma?"

"She pretty much hates me apparently." I said and she sighed, "I do not."

"So you love him?" he asked her and I watched her impatiently as she fiddled with her fingers in her lap.

"I do, but he basically said he doesn't want to be with me." She said softly and I swear my heart stopped beating.

He smiled, "well...I disagree with that. I'm gonna go get some coffee...and talk to the police I'll be back soon." He said like he knew we needed to talk as he walked out.

I lifted her chin up so she'd look at me, "Now my love, you know very well that is not true." I whispered.

"That's what you said."

I sighed, "Emmy, I didn't know you felt this way. i didn't want to put myself out there to be rejected so I just rejected myself before you could."

"well, maybe you shouldn't jump to conclusions."

"I know and I'm sorry. I tried to call you Emmy. To tell you I was stupid and how much I love you but, see you have this stubborn part of you that wouldn't answer my calls..." I said with a grin.

She frowned, "I'm sorry. I was just hurt."

"Something I never wanted you to feel because of me." I whispered holding her hand in mine.

"I missed you." She whispered and I grinned because I knew she had a problem with expressing her emotions and her saying that in such a serious manner meant more than it should have.

"No, I've missed you..." I said softly as I wrapped my arms around her gently, "...I love you."

And after all the things we've been through, the silly antics we tried just to get each other back and the hurt we caused each other because we both felt the same way unknowingly, she whispered in my ear, "I love you too."
♠ ♠ ♠
I love how people are mentioning a sequel before this chapter aka the last one! haha.

No though in all honesty, I've never thought about it. Then again, I wrote this story like almost a year and a half ago. I've never written a sequel to any of my stories before. Although, I'm sort of thinking about it now. It's really up to all of you. If enough people want it I'll attempt it. Although, I have no idea what the plot would be as of now...so let me know your thoughts, ideas, etc! :)

Until then, I do have two other stories up. One which is also complete and another one...well, it is almost complete as well. But you should read them :)

a big THANK YOU to everyone who commented, harassed me to updated (shawnieriot) haha and who even read one chapter of this! :)