Status: In Process.

Always.

I'm the light blinking at the end of the road, blink back to let me know.

"I'm assuming this was planned?" I asked as we got in my car.

"She's staying with you?" she asked ignoring my question.

"Yes. I thought we shared that with you already."

"We? You two are a we now?" she asked and I rolled my eyes, "you know what I mean."

"So you don't like her in any way but friend? I mean you are a kick ass friend if that's the case!"

I sighed, "just friends."

"Liar."

"I wouldn't tell you anyways you're her best friend!" I stated and she laughed, "I don't know anymore you seem to be there a lot."

"Sorry..." I said feeling a bit bad.

"Don't be. Its nice that she has a guy like you in her life. Saying that, I don't need to know how you feel for her I'm just throwing it out there that is obvious she cares for you and believe me if she's let you in she cares a lot and she trust you. Which means a lot because she doesn't let people in ever. You know how many boys she had after her in school and now for that matter?" she asked and I spoke, "I can imagine."

"Yeah well her last boy friend she dated for two years in high school and she found him with a cheerleader behind the bleachers and ever since then I haven't even seen her treat a boy nicely I mean you know how sarcastic she was at first to you."

I smiled, "oh I remember."

"Exactly. So you're clearly special and I'm just saying if you feel something for her you should go for it. She's already happier than I've seen her in along time because of you." She said as we walked in the Chinese place.

I didn't know what to say to that. Maybe she was right and I did love seeing her smile which was odd for me. Because I don't know I had that in me, to care if someone else was happy. But with her that's all I wanted to do!

"Well what can I say, she brings out the best in me." I said as we sat down to wait on the food.

"Was that a confession?"

"No. Just saying, I like who I am with her. She makes me happy and as cheesy as it sounds I feel wanted when I'm with her and its an odd feeling." I said crossing my arms.

"A good odd feeling?" she asked and I nodded.

"But you don't like her at all?" she said with a smirk as they called our number. She left me there and grabbed the bags.

"You coming?"

"Yeah..." I said still dazed as I got in the car.

Why do I let her get in my head!

EMMA'S POV

"Food." Natalie said walking in and Ryan jumped up.

"What the hell?" Brendon asked laughing looking at Ryan's hair and I laughed, "I got bored."

Ryan stood there blankly with little pigtails in his hair.

"Jeez." Natalie said laughing walking to the kitchen.

Brendon laughed, "Oh, Emmy."

"Oh, Bren."

My phone started ringing and I pulled it out of my pocket.

"Hello?"

"Emma..."

"Dad?" I asked and Brendon turned to face me.

"Yes, I talked to your mother so you can go back home."

"Daddy no. This happens every time your away then you fix it for a week and then it happens again."

"No it won't sweetie."

"Dad, I'm not going home." I said and Brendon rubbed my arm.

"Why?"

"I'm not coming home if she lives there. I hate her."

"Emma that is your mother."

"Oh she hates me too so it's fine."

"Sweetie she does not."

"Dad. I'm not coming back I'm sorry."

"Well if you don't you know she isn't going to let me pay for your college."

"Dad, I don't care anymore. She runs your life, she isn't running mine." I said softly before hanging up.

Brendon stood there not saying a word.

"I hate my life." I mumbled and he forced a smile.

"Don't say that. What happened?"

"My life sucks." I said falling right where I was and sitting in the floor.

"What did he say?"

"Come back or no college." I mumbled.

"Call him back and tell him you aren't coming back."

"I told him I wasn't Bren but I can't drop out of school. I'm going to have to go back."

"No. Call him and tell him you aren't coming back and you aren't dropping out of school." He said kneeling to my level.

"Making him pay isn't going to work."

"Darling, I'll pay." He said smiling.

"No. You are not. You let me move in I'm not letting you pay." I said seriously.

"I don't care."

"I do and your not."

"Fine. Tell me this. How much is it a semester?" he asked calmly.

"Too much."

"I'm being serious."

"Like I don't know 2,000."

"Ok, so this is your first or second year?"

"2nd."

"So you have 4 more semester."

"Yes." I said sighing.

"8,000."

"Clearly."

"Fine. are you finished with our album cover?"

"Not yet."

"Oh, well we are paying you 8,000 so get on it."

"Brendon no." I said glaring at him.

"Yes, I'm afraid we are."

"I'm not doing it."

"You're turning down a opportunity to get your name out there?" he asked with a raise eye brow.

I crossed my arms angrily.

"And you are turning out to be a douche bag."

"Darling, I just want to help you." He said smiling down at me.

I looked away and he spoke, "look. You can pay me back if it makes you feel better."

"How? I don't have a job..."

"Well, get one." He said stroking my cheek.

"Ugh no. I can't let you do this I'm sorry." I said standing up.

He sighed, "you have no choice."

"Stop doing this Brendon."

"No. I'm serious. I'll pay either way so agree now and make it easier. You are so stubborn." He said standing up as well.

I crossed my arms and he smiled, "that's what I thought."

"I don't like you." I mumbled.

"Oh now don't be mean." He said wrapping his around me.

"Not mean truthful."

He smiled, "don't pout. Your lip looks bigger."

I pushed him away and he laughed, "I cannot believe you said that."

"Emmy." He said laughing as he followed me into the kitchen.

"What happened?" Natalie asked from the table.

"He told me my busted lip looks big!"

She laughed, "no it doesn't."

"Whoa! now whose lying! I said no such thing." He said looking shocked.

"Oh my gosh. He's such a liar."

"She's blowing it out of context. She was pouting and I said awe don't do that your lip looks bigger." He said with a smile.

Natalie and Ryan laughed, "that does sound mean."

I gave him a 'I told you so' look.

"Em." He said pulling me to him. His cologne I had grown fond of filled my nose.

"I'm sorry." He said softly his face inches from mine and oddly enough I was nervous.

"Forgive me. I think you have cute lips." He said his nose almost touching mine.

I managed to laugh, "you're forgiven."

He smiled and kissed my nose.

"Eat. I haven't seen you eat since I've had you." He said handing me a plate.

"That definitely made me sound like a dog thanks."

"Everything I say is used against me anyways!" he said and I laughed, "touche."

"So you skipped class today?" Natalie said.

"Um, no?" I said as we sat back in the living room from eating.

"Yes. She did because when I went and woke her up she said and I quote her, 'I can't go my lip is broken.' He said with a smile.

"It is." I said crossing my arms.

"Oh I'm sure." Natalie said laughing.

"So, you guys ever want me to finish your album cover?" I asked smiling.

"Of course."

"Well if you have me out all the time you can't have one."

"Well, come on darling I'll take you home and you can do your work." Brendon said smiling.

"Why must you always be sarcastic."

"I'm not."

"No but you have a sarcastic look to you."

"Should that be offensive?" he asked getting off the couch.

"Take it like you want darling." I said smirking because now he knows I'm making fun of him because he always says that to me for some reason.

He glared at me, "oh. Now you are making fun of me?"

"Neverrrr." I said smiling.

"Fine. I'm not talking to you anymore, darling."He said walking out of the door.

"See you guys later." I said and they laughed on the couch. Typical us.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to my subscribers OH and
Ravenclaw820 and Kendrasmilez
for commenting! Made my day! :)