Status: I don't have much time on my hands. You get it as it comes.

An Introspective Connection

Chapter Six

I stared after him, shocked, and a bit hurt. Did I say something to offend him? I don't think I did... I mean, all I said was that it was awkward to hear that part with boys around. Is that such a bad thing? I mean, it IS awkward...

I started walking faster, trying to keep up with him. Lord, that motherfucker is FAST. I was almost to him, when he practically ran away from me. Uh-uh. No you don't there, beautiful. I started running after him, and then tackled him. I had to get him to stop somehow, and he wasn't going to stop just by me following him, so... That was the best choice, right? Probably not, but I don't give a damn. I have nothing to lose.

"Uh... Ow. That kind of hurts." Heh, I bet it does. I was dying to say "That's what she said!" but, since I was attempting all seriousness, I figured that, you know, it wouldn't be all that hot of an idea. I looked down and realized I had his face buried into the sidewalk. "Sorry about that..." I rolled off of him and let him turn over.

"Anyways, now that I have your attention... What's wrong?" He looked at me and sighed. There's something in his eyes that makes me feel uncomfortable, but I can't place it. Not knowing something aggravates the piss out of me. It's something I definitely do NOT like.

"Tommy... I have something that you should probably know." Oh my gosh. What could he be wanting to tell me? it's only been a few hours since we met! Don't tell me that I've already scared another one off. "Err... What is it?" I asked, whilst standing and dusting myself off. He looked at me with a pair of pathetic eyes. "Well... It's like..." He muttered something that sounded a hell-of-a-lot like "Fuck it!" He took a deep breath and shut his eyes tight. "I-like-boys-and-I-like-you-too!"

Say... Wha--?? Did he just say what I think he did...? "What? Did you just say that... Did you say you like me, Adam?" He buried his face in his hands, but still nodded.

Holy. Shit! This is THE best day of my entire, pathetic, and worthless life! "Adam..." I started. But then he interjected. "I know! I know it! You don't like me! You hate me! I'm fucking gay, and you hate me! I'm sorry I wasted your time!" What the hell?! What's he talking about?! I took a deep breath, and then I continued. "Adam, I was trying to talk. As I was saying, I--" I noticed that he was about to start talking and I sat down on the sidewalk and covered his mouth. "Don't talk. Let me finish." He grumbled, and I continued. "Okay, AGAIN. As I was trying to say, for the third time now, I might add, that's not right at all. I... I have something to say to you, too. I'm... I'm gay, too."

He perked up a little. "Really?" I nodded. "And... I have something else to say. I really... REALLY... like you." His eyes got wide with surprise, but then his new-found enthusiasm disappeared. Doesn't he believe me? "I... You're just saying that." "If I was just saying that... Would I do this?" I'm losing control. What am I doing? My eyes shut and I leaned in towards him. Am I doing what I think I am...?
♠ ♠ ♠
"Darling, it seems like the whole world is just turning so fast. Everything's changing, and we're just trying to keep up. But we've got something special here. Something worth waiting for. Yeah, we're right on the edge of falling. Falling in love. No rush, no rush... Ain't this world turning, baby, fast enough? Let's slow it on down to just the two of us. No rush. Walking, talking, dreaming with you. Wondering, tell me baby, I've been wondering. Are you feeling it too? No rush, no rush. We've got forever, baby, for catching up. Let's lay it on back to the speed of love. No rush. No rush, no rush. Ain't this world turning, baby, fast enough? Let's slow it on down to just the two of us. No rush. No rush, no rush. We've got forever, baby, for catching up. Let's lay it on back to the speed of love. No rush. Let's slow it on down to just the two of us, no rush..." JOSH TURNER! AHHH! FAN-GIRLISM COMING THROUGH HERE! Sexy deep voiced monster. Too damn good for his own good. Anyways... Promised I'd have another chapter, didn't I? I lie, but not about this. Heh, I love y'all.

AllApologies and I send our love, and we hope you enjoyed this. ~~ ShaggyMaggie

P.S. IT'S TRUE! I MEAN IT, FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART! YEAH, IT'S TRUE! WITHOUT YOU, I WOULD FALL APART! Sorry! Backstreet Boys moment. I'm a wiener. Sorry. *thumbs up*