Status: I don't have much time on my hands. You get it as it comes.

An Introspective Connection

Chapter Seven

Tommy leaned forward and pushed his lips against mine. Softly... Gently... It took me a second to realize what he was doing and what was happening. I closed my eyes and pushed my lips against his. This moment was so perfect. Nothing could ruin it. I guess he was telling the truth after all. But... What if he's just messing with me? It's not like it would be the first time somebody played with my heart and mind just to embarrass me...

But then again... This time I FEEL something. I could feel the tender love and passion behind this kiss. I'm starting to lose myself, my grip on reality.

What's the truth?
What's a lie?
Does it even matter anymore?

(Tommy's P.O.V.)
I felt Adam start to pull away, but I honestly didn't want the moment to end. This is the first time I've done something like this. The first time I've been happy since... Oh lord, it's been too long to even remember. But if I'm so happy, why does this all feel so... wrong? Why do I get the impression that Adam isn't enjoying this? I pulled out of the kiss and looked down at my feet. I don't need to torture the poor boy anymore than I already have, right? Why do get so goddamn impulsive with him?

(Adam's P.O.V.)
He pulled away. Time to snap back to reality, Adam! I sighed and looked at Tommy, who was blushing like mad. Wait just a darned minute here... Shouldn't he be laughing and making fun of me? Isn't it time for him to laugh and yell "Oh, bitch! YOU GOT PUNK'D!"? What the hell's going on here?

Shouldn't I be the one blushing and looking ashamed? I'm missing something here... there are too many weird vibes flying around here. Maybe, just maybe, he was telling the truth. Maybe Tommy does like me...

"Adam, I'm... Uh... Sorry about that. That was terribly uncalled for... It'll never happen again..." Tommy mumbled. I thought he was finished, but he kept going. "It's just... I really like you, and this is the first time I've ever felt like this about somebody. I'm sorry... Really, I am. You're just so beautiful and... I just couldn't resist and stop myself... If you never want to see me or talk to me again, that's cool... I understand. Really, I do."

I held my index finger up to his lips. "Shh... That's not how it is at all. I feel the same way. I only pulled away because I thought you were messing with me and my mind." He shot me an innocent look that clearly said "Why would I ever do that to you?".

I looked around and saw a few boys that looked, well, really large and scary. I nudged Tommy, who had turned pale as a sheet. We started walking again. "What's wrong, Tommy? Do you know them?" He swallowed hard and nodded. "Uh, yeah... Care to walk faster, before they catch up?" He looked nervous. Frightened. I hated it. Someone like him should NEVER have to be scared like this.

"Why?" Tommy looked at me, worry and fear in his eyes. "Just... Trust me... We need to get away from them. NOW." He glanced back. "Adam, speed up! When they figure out who I am, we're fucked!" He looked back again. "Come on! They're almost here! Please!" Tommy practically sprinted I looked back while we ran, but it was useless. They were bigger, faster, and they wanted us bad. We're caught. I just know it.
♠ ♠ ♠
CHAPTERS FOR THE WINNNNN! More later on, I promise!

Lots of love! ~~ ShaggyMaggie & AllApologies