Can I catch your eye Tonight a Short Stack Fan Fiction

Chapter 20 pt 1: Andy’s POV

I sat stunned. I dropped Shaun’s hand and stood. I turned and ran outside where Bradie was sitting in his car with his headphones in. I smacked my hands on the windscreen leaving bloody hand prints. Bradie instantly looked up, his eyes widened and he pulled out his phone.

I ran back inside and stood in the doorway staring at Shaun’s body lying in a heap on the floor. Tammy sat sobbing and stroking the side of his face.

“No”. I heard Bradie walk in behind me. He dropped to the ground and sat there silently staring at Shaun’s mangled state.

A few minutes later an ambulance came screeching around the corner and set up there things outside. Shaun was taken straight away. No police where called.

Bradie was to shaken up to drive so I got in his seat and took us to the hospital. I remembered this place all to well. When we arrived Shaun was in surgery, he’d lost too much blood and needed a transfusion. I sat alone for a while until Bradie walked over and hugged me tightly.

“I don’t want to loose him…” He whispered into my shoulder.

“I hated him for what he did… But I…I never wanted him dead for it.” My voice broke and I started crying.

“I know Andy…I know”.

Tammy walked over and sat down on the chairs in front of us. Bradie and I sat down next to her and I hugged her. She hugged me back.

“Look Tammy, I never meant for any of this to happen. I just wanted you” She looked up into my eyes and gave me a small pained smile.

“I understand. This was all my fault… I don’t even know why I had the knife… I was… I was just so scared you’d hurt him”. Her face turned red and she hid her face in my shoulder and pulled me close.

A doctor came out to see us a while later. He told us Shaun was going to be fine. Nothing major had been injured and the transfusion was a total success. I was thankful… I had learnt something out of this. Shaun was my best friend and no matter what, I was going to uphold that friendship until the day I die.