Can I catch your eye Tonight a Short Stack Fan Fiction

Chapter4

I hadn't been able to get back to sleep that night so I lay there staring at the ceiling, thinking of what was going to happen now. Things seemed different, but not in a bad way, a new start, a new life, a new existance.

The lovely old lady ( who had told me her name was Ida ) brought me some toast and asked me what I was going to do with myself.

I had been asking myself that question for months.

I didn't no how to answer that question, and she knew I was troubled by it. I ate part of my toast and thank'd the lady for having me. I told her I would stop by again when I had my life on track, and she gladley accepted my offer.

One last time she asked me what I was going to do with myself, I thought for a moment and decided I was going to go home.

Ida called me a taxi and she stood outside and waited for it with me. I hoped I could stay in touch with her , she was honestly the nicest stranger I'd ever met.

The taxi arrived a few minutes later and I thank'd Ida again, she gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

" Everything's going to be alright".

I looked her in the eyes, and I knew she was right.

I turned and got into the taxi and told the man my address. I waved goodbye to Ida and turned to face the ocean as we drove past. Memories didn't hurt me.

I slept most of the trip, dreaming of crashing waves. The driver woke me up an hour and a bit later and told me we where there. I gave him $50 and got out of the car.

I walked up the pathway staring at the ground, I reached out and opened the gate.

"Fuck!". I yelled.

There he was, sitting on my front step, eyes red and watery, staring at his feet.

"Andy.." my breath was uneven and I could barely speak.

He looked up and stared into my eyes. A sweet pain filled smile reached the corners of his lips and he started to cry.