Status: Complete

Running Into You

Chapter 10

The next week was spent setting up my classes and getting through as many as possible. When it came time to tour, I wanted to be able to spend as much time as possible with my friends.

The Friday before we left for touring, my phone blasted 'If It Means A Lot To You' by A Day To Remember.

I walked across the room after setting down my laptop and answered it.

"Hello?" I asked, walking around, putting random stuff in my bags.

"Hey honey. Just calling to see how you were getting settled," I heard my mom's voice carry ou over the phone.

"I'm doing fine. How about you?" I asked, still walking around my room, packing.

"I heard about the school. It's so sad," she told me.

"It really is, but I have everything sorted out and have already started onosme of my courses, so..." I trailed off.

"So you'd have extra time to visit us?" she asked, gleeful.

I had to tiptoe carefully around the fact that I was leaving for six months. Something tells me she wouldn't be the happiest.

"Geez mom, wish I could. But I have a job."

"Oh," she said.

"But over Christmas break I'll come visit," I told her.

This would work out. I'd already seen the dates. The last show near Christmas they'd have is in Austin. That's only about 3 hours from Houston.

"Really?" she asked, excited again.

"Of course!" I enthused. "Well, I have to go. Back to taking my classes," I told her.

"Of course. Bye honey!" she said, then I heard a click.

---

"WAKE UP!" Zack yelled, tickling my feet.

I kicked and he grabbed my feet.

"Letgo," I mumbled, the words running together.

"Come on. Tour time!" he yelled, dragging me off the bed.

I looked up at my clock. It read 4:45.

'Stop pulling me," I grumbled, sitting up.

"YOU'RE AWAKE!" he yelled, sitting next to me.

"You are much too chipper for 5 in the morning," I told him, heading to the bathroom.

"HURRY UP!" he called to me. "We leave in fifteen minutes!"

12 and a half minutes later, I was struggling down the stairs with one of my bigger bags, just out of the shower with my wet hair in a messy bun.

"ZACK!" I called out of the door.

"What?" he asked, walking up to me.

I looked pointedly at the huge suticase.

He grinned and picked it up, carrying it with ease to the bus.

"Hey! I have some more, too!" I caled, smiling at him.

He just shook his head, following me back into the house.

---

After getting all my bags down to the bus, I stood in the doorway of my room, things I had running through my head.

After deciding I had everything, I turned off the light, locked the doors, and stepped outside to get back on the bus.

"WHO'S READY TO TOUR?!?!?!!!" Rian yelled, running through the bus.

This was met by a chorus of "WOOOO!!!!" by the boys and glares from me and my friends.

"Coffee?" Zack asked, sliding next to me with two mugs.

"Lifesaver," I told him, chugging half of it, ignoring the burning feeling in my chest.

He just laughed as Alex and the rest of the guys and sat down next to my friends.

"So jealous," Maddie said, pointing to the mug in my hands. "Where?" she asked.

I looked at Zack, who looked pointedly at Rian.

"Oh yeah," he said, getting up and getting her a mug of coffee.

As the bus started to move, I felt my eyelids start to droop and Zack take the mug from my hands. I leaned my head on his shoulder and drifted off into a blissful sleep.