Status: Complete

Running Into You

Chapter 26

When I awoke, my face was red and tearstained. I got up to get a water from the refrigerator, and checked my phone.

I had thirty messages, all from Zack. After listening to a few of them, I realized they were practically the same. Him begging me to call him back, how sorry he was, and how much he misses me.

I didn't know what to believe. When I went to sit back down, my phone started to ring.

I looked down at the screen that listed Maddie's name.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hey!" she enthused.

"What's up?" I asked, throwing the blanket over the back of the couch.

"Well, Zack has decided he wants to come home to get you," she said.

"No," I stated.

"What?" she asked.

"No. I don't want to talk to him right now. Tell him that when he finishes out the tour, he can come talk. Until then, I...I don't want to talk to him about it. I need it to sink in and all," I told her.

"I'll tell him, and then Jack and Rian, so they can keep him from visiting, 'kay?" she asked.

"K? Like, Potassium?" I asked.

"Very funny," she said dryly. "I'll talk to you later!"

"Alright. Bye!" I said.

"Bye!" she replied, and then the phone clicked.

---

-Zack's POV-

"She doesn't want me to come?" I asked incredulous as Maddie explained what Audrey said.

"Nope," she said simply.

"I'll--" I began.

"No you're not. Jack and Rian are gonna keep you from going away to see her. If she doesn't want to talk to you, trust me, she won't," Maddie assured me.

"Fine," I grumbled, sitting down on the bed and burying my head in my pillow.

---

-Six months later-
-Zack's POV-

We pulled up to Audrey's house to drop off Maddie, Ali, and Krystina.

After they had gotten out, I went to help them with their bags, and got back in the bus.

"Aren't you going to talk to Audrey?" Rian asked.

"Maybe later," I shrugged. "Let's just go."

"FUCK NO!" Jack screamed.

"What?" I asked.

"You're gonna go in there and talk to her, you dipshitt," Rian stated.

Alex just sat in the driver's seat, drumming his fingers on the steering wheel.

I glared at him. Sure, I forgave him, but I knew we would probably never be as close as we were before.

"Fine. I'll meet you guys back at the house," I said, hopping out of the bus.

"Good luck!" Jack called from the bus as I walked up the walkway.

I nodded and kept going until I reached the door.

I rang the doorbell and awaited anxiously until the door opened.