Status: Complete

Running Into You

Chapter 28

Audrey's POV

When I heard a car in the driveway, I got happier, expecting Zack.

When he walked through the door, desite how upset I felt earlier, I smiled a small smile.

"Guys, I'm gonna go talk to Zack," I said, getting up from the chair and grabbing his hand, towing him up the stairs to my room.

I sat on my bed.

"I'm sorry," I said.

He stood there, looking at me.

"I understand if you're really pissed or whatever, but just know--" I began.

I was cut of when Zack made his way over to me and put his lips on mine.

"I could never be pissed at you," He whispered when we broke apart.

He put a hand on my cheek, which I'm sure was red.

"Where else?" he asked.

I looked down.

"Please tell me," Zack pleaded.

I sighed and rolled up the sleeves of my shirt, where a couple of bruises were fading, and a couple of others were still deep and purple.

He sucked in a deep breath and tensed up. "Anywhere else?" he asked through gritted teeth.

I just nodded and burst into tears again, burying my head in his chest.

His arms wrapped around me and we sat there for a while.

---
Zack's POV

We walked down stairs thirty minutes later and got into my car.

"I don't want you guys to stay in that house for a while. Not until the police can handle him," I told her.

"Well, Ali will live with Jack anyways, so there's one of my friends out of the house. And then Maddie and Krystina...Well, I don't know," Audrey said.

"You guys can come stay with me for a while," I offered.

"You sure?" she asked.

"Audrey, I let you go, and you came back here, where you met that asshole. If I hadn't have been such a hothead, none of this would have happened, and I want to try and make everything up to you," I told her as we pulled into the driveway to my house.

She nodded and got out of the car. I went around to grab her hand and we walked into the house.

---
Audrey's P.O.V.

"Hey guys!" I announced, walking in, faking a smile.

"IT'S AUDREY!!!!" Rian yelled, running up to give me a hug. "How have you been?"

"Umm," I said.

Rian, sensing the distress in my voice said, "We can talk about it later."

I nodded as Jack came running up.

"AUDREYYYY!!!!!" and he enveloped me in a bear hug.

"Jack. JACK! I can't breathe," I said after a few minutes.

"Oh, sorry," he said, smiling goofily.

"How was the tour?" I asked them.

"It was fine for everyone but Mr. Mopey-pants over there," Jack replied, motioning towards Zack.

"That's totally gonna be my new nickname for you!" I told Zack.

Rian laughed as another voice was mixed in.

"Hey Audrey," I heard Alex greet me from the doorframe leading into the living room.

"Hi," I said, waving a hand in his direction.

"Let's all go sit down," RIan said, leading the way to the living room, trying to break the awkward silence.

We all followed him and sat down.

"So, guys," Zack began, "Audrey and her friends are going to be staying here for a while."

"Why?" Alex asked.

"Reasons," I said.

"What reasons?" he asked.

"Just reasons, okay? I don't wanna talk about it right now," I told him.

He shrugged and RIan and Jack looked uncomortable.