Status: Complete

Running Into You

Chapter 31

Zack's P.O.V.

I took a wet washcloth and wiped the blood off her face. Then, I lifted her shirt up to see her ribs, which were bruised.

"I think they might be broken," she muttered.

"Fuck..." I grumbled, pulling out my phone to call the guys.

Minutes later, they appeared.

"What happened?" Rian asked, walking in.

"That douche came back," I replied.

"Oh HELL naw, girl. Hold my earrings," Jack said, trying to ligthen the mood.

A small giggle escaped Audrey's lips before she winced again.

"We need to get her to the hospital," I announced.

"I'll get the car running," Alex volunteered.

"Do you need any help carrying her down there?" Rian asked.

"Nope, but I need you guys to see if I'll run into anything on my way downstairs," I replied.

Jack and Rian nodded and I picked Audrey up, trying my best not to jostle her around too much.

---

Audrey's P.O.V.

"Hot damn," I muttered, trying to sit up in the hospital bed.

Zack rustled around and woke up when he heard my voice.

His eyes fluttered, then snapped open when he saw me struggling to sit up.

"What are you doing?" he asked, coming to stand beside me.

"I'm attempting to sit correctly. But, it's obviously not working," I replied, wincing at the pain in my ribs.

"Duh. You broke a couple of ribs," he said.

"How, though?" I asked.

I knew I had gone to my house, and things after that were a little fuzzy.

"Seth," Zack said.

"That asswipe," I groaned.

He laughed.

"How'd you know what was wrong?" I asked.

"You buttdialed."

"Sounds like something I'd do," I laughed.

"Yep. But we now have a whole thing to give to the police. And the hospital records," he said triumphantly.

"Seriously?" I asked, excited.

He nodded.

"Well that's good," I said.

He opened his mouth as if to say something when Jack waltzed in.

"AUDREY!" he screamed, dropping the balloon he was holding and giving me a hug.

"JACK!" I winced.

"Oh shit. Sorry," he said, backing up.

I nodded as my friends and Rian and Alex walked in.

"I will hunt that dickfucker down and kill him," Rian said, seeing the state I was in.

I shook my head.

"Does anyone know when I can go home?" I asked.

"Hopefully tomorrow," Ali answered.

"YESSS!" I fist pumped, wincing.

---

The next day, I was released from the hospital.

As the rest of us went back to Zack's house, he himself went to the police station.

I claimed a spot on the couch and stretched out, flipping through the channels.

"I'm sorry abou what happened," Alex said, walking in.

"Forget about it," I muttered.

"But see, it's my fault."

"Nope," I shook my head.

"Yea--" he began.

"No. Now, if you want to watch the show, sit and shut up," I said, not wanting to talk about what happened.

He nodded and sat down, watching the screen.

---

Later that night, while Zack was changing into his pajamas, I tossed and turned, trying to get comfortable.

"This sucks," I muttered, sitting up.

"What?" Zack asked, walking into the room.

"I can't get comfortable. Since I usually sleep on my side, and I can't," I replied.

"I should have gone with you," he said, sitting next to me.

"Why does everyone think it's their fault? If I'd never talked to Seth, none of this would have happened. It's MY fault, no one else's," I said.

Zack looked at me.

"I'm serious. Say it's your fault one more time and I'll...I'll bite you," I warned.

"You'll bite me?" he asked, smiling.

"Yep," I replied.

"No you won't," he said.

"Do you not remember at Subway at the beginning of the tour?" I asked.

"Crap. Yeah," he said.

"Exactly," I pulled the covers up. "If I have to sleep like this," I said, sitting up. "I will be entirely too grumpy tomorrow."