Coming Back Down

I couldn't sleep that night. It was one of those rare occasions when a bad storm hit Huntington Beach, and like every other time, it was what kept me awake. That, and the knews I just received.

I had just found out that I was expecting. I was pregnant, and the worst part was that it was one of my best friends. Not my boyfriends, but my best friends. 

Brian Haner Jr was the father of my baby, but Zacky Backer was my boyfriend. As I thought about this situation, I nursed a cup of tea on my living room couch, the only light source in the room came from my muted tv. I listened to the rain beating down at my roof, I continued thinking.

What would everyone think? Zacky was already pissed when he found out I cheated, how would he handle me being pregnant? Let alone with a child that's not his.

A loud knock on the door made me jump, scaring the holy shit out of me. Hesitantly, I walked over to the door and gazed through the peep hole. The blur of purple in black instantly told me who it was. 

My stomach churned at the thought of facing him so soon. Mostly because the last time I had seen him, his eyes were filled with nothing but furry. 

"Cor, I know your there. Please open up?" he asked.

Zackys voice was so much more softer than it was earlier that day. Like he wasn't mad anymore, but more hurt than anything. 

Trusting his tone, I opened the door, only to come face to face with a soaked, beaten down Zacky. I almost burst into tears at the sight. Zacky never cries, something that everyone knows. But now, on my doorstep, his eyes were blood shot, red and puffy. 

"Before you say anything, let me say what I came here to say." he started before I could talk, "Cor, I want to be with you. Forever. You've been my girl since the very beginning, and I want it to stay that way. You make me happier than anything in the world. And I know that if we try, we can work through anything. Thats why I'm here, to ask you to be mine. Will you marry me?"

He was looking down for the most part of his speech, but only looked up when he bent down to kneel in front of me. In his huge hand, he held a small box that I knew could only be one thing. A beautiful engagement ring.

I wanted to die. Pains shot through my chest and there was no doubt that I was crying now. He just purposed. Just like that. After everything I put him through, he'd forgiven me in a matter of hours. I didn't deserve that, hell I didn't deserve Zacky. 

But I couldn't marry him. Not while knowing that what's growing inside me isn't his. I loved him, but I couldn't do that to him, if not myself.

"I can't, Zacky. I just... can't. I'm sorry." I said, not louder than a whisper.

His face was scrunched up with pain, and I knew that that look would forever be planted in my head.

"B-but baby... I-I forgave you. It's ok Cor. P-please?" he was nearly begging, and it broke my heart knowing that I was the cause of it. 

Shaking my head, I let out a whimper, "No Zack." I placed a hand on my tummy, a new habit I picked up, "We can't stay here anymore. I have to do... what's best for... him." 

I felt like a cold, heartless, bitch saying these things to him, but it was true. I was moving away, not sure where too, but I had to get away from all this stress. And being in the same town as them wasn't my best option right now.

Zacky tried to say something, but I just shook my head and slowly closed the door, knowing that it would be the last time I saw him for a long time.


* I do not own any members of Avenged Sevenfold, or any other famous person. I do own Corinne and Cobi, and any other original characters. Do not steel or I will sick my evil rabid ninja bunnies on you. Thanks- Maria<3