Coming Back Down

One

"Cobi, babe, why done you go try to find some shoes that match?" I asked my five year old son.

"Okay mommy." he said, hugging my leg before running to his room.

It's been long since that horrible night, but I was right. It's been almost six years, and I haven't seen Zacky, or any of my old friends for that matter.

I ignored everyone throughout my first trimester of being pregnant, then finally decided to move after my second. I moved to Sacramento with my mother until I gave birth to little Cobi. She helped me learn the ropes of being a single mother and when I knew I was ready, I moved out on my own. 

Now me and Cobi live in Bakersfield in a three room apartment. Cobi goes to preschool on weekdays, so I took up a job as a receptionist for some big music producer. And on the weekends, Cobi and I always hang out.

He's my baby. We do everything together, and he seems to make me prouder everyday. He's smart, funny and, bless his soul, never really made it hard for me to take care of him. He's a mix between his father and me, but takes after me mostly.

Today we were leaving for a trip to Huntington for a little reunion with an old friend. We had ran into each other a few days ago and after several strongly worded texts, she convinced me to take Cobi to officially meet her. 

I told her about everything. Me cheating on Zacky, minus with who, me getting pregnant and then leaving. I may have left out minor details, for my emotions sake.

So hear we are, stepping out the main lobby of my apartment complex and into my midnight blue Camaro. Okay, so my job pays more than enough for me and Cobi, but he's the one that picked it out.

We headed out, both of us smiling, loving how nothing more could matter than each other.

~~~~~~~~~~

Aaron decided to meet us at a place we used to hang out at all the time, Johnny's Bar. Even though it was a bar, I decided that it was a relatively okay place for me to take Cobi. 

Being a little early, I guided Cobi to an empty booth and ordered him a Sprite and a Mtn Dew for me. A lot has changed, but one thing that never falters is the Dew. 

A few minutes later, a beautiful girl walks into the joint and looks around. I can't help but to smile and recognize her bright grayish eyes.

"Hey sexy! Look at you, all purrty and- is this him?!" she exclaimed, finally taking notice of Cobi.

I smiled, she was never able to hold her attention span for very long. Cobi shied behind me at her outburst, his little hands getting a tight grip on my black Hurley shirt. Aaron notices and gave an apologetic smile his way.

Nodding, I said, "Yep. Arron, this is my son, Cobi," I scooted over a little bit she she could get a full look at him, "Cobi, this is mommy's friend, Aaron." 

Aaron's face lightened up when Cobi climbed onto my lap and held his hand out to her, "It's very nice to meet you ma'am."

Aw, I love him so damn much! Aaron gawked at him, taking his hand and shaking it gently. She let go of his hand and took a seat across from us.

"So how've you been, Cor? Doing good with the little one I see." she smiled and ordered a Jack and Coke when the waiter came by. 

I chuckled at her, "Yeah, we're alright, huh babe?"

Cobi looked up at me with a wide grin, "Yeah! Me and Mommy eat at Gurdie's on Thursdays! And Sammy let's us swim in his really big pool that's like this tall!" he used his left hand to stretch all the way above his head, showing how much he thought 'this tall' was.

We laughed at my little boy and continued to catch up. After eating, Aaron insisted on paying the bill and we headed out. At the doorway, I bent down to pick Cobi up and when I turned around, my face was instantly buried in a strong chest.

I gasped, taking a step back before checking to see if Cobi was alright. Once I was sure he was I went to apologise to the man but stopped myself.

"Cor? Corinne, is that you." his deep voice asked. 
♠ ♠ ♠
New story!!!

Comment comment comment!!!

<3 Maria