Status: Active. Slow.

World Around Me

nine.

J U L I A N


Memory - A person's power to remember thing.

"Have you ever stopped and realized that there's this big world out there, and that they're others just like us hidden, but existing," the boy sitting across from me said. He glanced at me, blue and green kaleidoscope eyes meeting my amber ones for just a brief second.

"I've thought about the massive size of the Earth but never really gave a though about other species aside from humans," I replied, watching as he used magic to lift the china cup off tea up to his mouth. I rolled my eyes at his laziness. I sat back in my seat lifting my arms and stretching.

"Of course, a filthy snob like you, Julian, would never give a thought about any other creature aside from vampires,"Adikyas mocked and rolled his eyes. I just shook my head and smirked, "Remember warlock, I am paying for the both of us on this journey."

He stuck is tongue out at me, kaleidoscope eyes crossing, and I smiled. Adikyas set his cup back down on the table, the waiter coming by not too long after. He asked politely for our empty plates and if there was anything else we needed. Adikyas just asked for the price and made some small talk, asking about the nearest inn. I noticed the waiter's hesitation though and how his eyes kept glancing across the street.

I turned my head, finding a group of men all standing in an alleyway. They ranged in age, from a mere five years to twenty-two. The tallest one, whom I presumed was the eldest looked at me, piercing blue eyes passing a warning as he clenched his jaw and pushed up his sleeve, revealing the mark of a tribal tattoo. The others beside him all mirrored his actions, each one giving the same warning with their eyes.

And when I looked back at our waiter, and caught sight of the same tattoo peeking out from under the sleeve of his shirt, I knew that we were not welcomed here. The warlock across from me, oblivious of the silent conversation that occurred, busied himself with fishing through his bag for money. I quickly reached into my own pocket and pulled on the correct amount of coins necessary to cover our food. I placed in on the table and turned to look at the group across the street bowing my head at them.

"Come Adikyas, I think it is best if we venture to the next town," I told him touching his shoulder and darting my eyes across the street. His eyes followed mine and he bowed his head and stood up quickly. We swiftly made our way out of the cafe and began making our way out of the town. As we walked farther out, I began to notice the people staring, some with the tattoos on there wrists and others without, but all reminded us that we were not welcomed with their eyes.

However, when we were finally passing the last street , a boy stood alone on the street corner. A human with pale blue eyes and soft brown hair. He looked at me, begging me to take him, and when I really looked into his eyes. . . I felt something inside me stir. . .

. . .I wanted to take him too. . .

. . . But the faint mark of a tribal tattoo branching across his cheek bones kept me from granting his request. . .

He was human, and he was bonded to one of the wolfs, but we both knew that he really. . . should have belonged to me. . .


I gasped, eyes flying open prepared to abruptly sit up but familiar blue and green kaleidoscope eyes came into my view and firmly placed their hand on my shoulder. The dream clouded my brain and tickled my memories.

"Don't move, you're still injured. You're going to have take it easy for a few days," The auburn-haired warlock explained, gently grazing at the bites Fadian gave me. I growled at him and he returned an apologetic smile.

Footsteps came softly down the hallway, Genevi peeking his head through the door with a sheepish smile. Adikyas motioned for him to come in and he did, carrying a large plate of food.

With the help of Adikyas I slowly sat up and examined the plate's contents. It's raw scent wafted into my nostrils. I just scoffed, "really?"

Genevi's tail, which had been swaying back and forth, suddenly stiffened and curled around his arm. A frown formed on the neko's face.

"What is it?" he asked.

"I just feel like an animal," I explained motioning to the raw venison. Adikyas barked in laughter and patted my head, "That's pretty much what you guys are!"

The neko in the room pouted while I leaned over to shove the warlock beside, resulting in a sharp pain resonating up my spine. I winced and Adikyas helped me reposition to dull the pain.

We sat in silence after, both of the two staring off into space.

Adikyas look dead, skin pasty with dark bags under his eyes. I also noticed the way Genevi's tail flickered nervously, his teeth chewing at his lip. They slowly looked over at me.

"We'll find him, I promise," I assured the two. . .

and me.
♠ ♠ ♠
11 months.
And things are the same yet different. Get what I mean?

I thought a lot about this story line, because writer's block left me with no direction. But I'm starting to put the pieces together and expand the picture.

I hope you guys enjoy this.<3