Run(a)way Life

Chapter 2

She placed a hand on either side of the sink and stared blankly into the bathroom mirror, her eyes occasionally drooping closed. Even with sleep she still ended up looking like the walking dead. Her makeup, left on from the night before, was smeared on her pale, porcelain cheeks and her dark brown hair was disheveled. It looked as if she had been it by a truck; err…door in this case.

At already 9:00am, her “beautiful Paris morning” and been anything but. She’d woken up freezing; with a horrible headache. Not to mention she knocked her glasses to the floor while trying to turn of the alarm clock, stepping on them whilst she was on her way to the bathroom.

She pushed her bangs out of her eyes, cringing when she brushed into her forehead. She examined the slight discoloration that was becoming the bruise that Bill had left.

The girl in the mirror seemed like a normal, happy, cheerful 20 year-old; but in reality, Kytherin was regretting having to see her “co-boss” model “boyfriend”, Ayden. She’d had enough of his high maintenance attitude, but could never get up the courage to leave him. Not only did it mean possibly leaving Kriss, but she was scared. Scared of how Ayden would react.

“Princess I just want to witness, watch you slip right out of that dress…”

“Errggh, eff off Kriss!” she groaned, leaned her head up against the cold glass of the mirror, and answered the call.

“Yes Kriss?” she asked groggily into the phone.

“Wake up sleepy head, and meet me at the hotel café in twenty-five minutes. We have some things to discus, and I have someone I’d like you to meet.”

“Yes sir,” she managed to say while yawning and hung up.

Kytherin tossed her phone from where she stood, still at the bathroom sink, on to her bed. (They were surprisingly close together) She slowly opened the cabinet next to the mirror and removed the small bottle of Advil. Popping two into her mouth and swallowing them.

Fuck it. Fuck stupid doors, alarms clocks, and fuck fucking Bill Kaulitz! …that latter option doesn’t sound too bad actually…


She laughed silently to herself, and proceeded to brush her teeth and carefully wash away her smeared make up; reapplying her eyeliner and mascara when finished. Twenty-five minutes was not enough time for a shower. She picked up her replacement glasses, not wanting to put in her contacts, and pushed them up the bridge of her nose.

While pulling her hair up into a messy ponytail, she glanced down at her outfit. She was currently wearing a black, glittery, long sleeved shirt that said ‘Eff You See Kay, Oh Eff Eff” in neon green letters and a pair of hot pink, fuzzy pajama pants that were covered in light blue and green dinosaurs.

She shrugged her shoulders and walked over to her bed; picking up her cell phone and slipping it back into her pajama pocket. People in the lobby would give her funny looks again, but she was used to it. She slipped on her shoes and exited her hotel room, heading to go meet her boss.

-

She found the elevator rather easily, and without running into anything, and even managed to get to the lobby in one piece. But, finding the café Kriss was at, that’s a slight problem. She shuffled over to the reception desk and stood in line behind some tall guy in sunglasses and a gray beanie. She sighed and looked out one of the many windows; mumbling something about idiots wear sunglasses indoors and debating whether or not she should just call Kriss back and ask him to come get her.

She was there for a few minutes when the guy in front of her bumped into her while walking away.

“Watch it!” she shouted at him.

“Kytherin!”

Kytherin’s head snapped up and she looked straight into the eyes of none other than Bill Kaulitz.

“Euhm I, I need to…” she stumbled over her words and decided it was best to just shut up. She pushed her glasses back up her nose, since they had been knocked down. “Sorry?”

He ignored her comment and removed his sunglasses, hanging them from his shirt.

“So,” he paused to take in what she was wearing, and grabbed her arm to lead her away from the desk. “Nice shoes.”

Kytherin looked down at her feet, and noticed that in the rush out the door, she had put on her evil fluffy rabbit slippers.

“Yeah, scary huh?” She asked quietly, staring at her feet. “They’re man-eating rabbits. If I were you, I’d be scared.” She moved forwards and lightly kicked him in the shin. “Rawr.”

Bill raised an eyebrow at her and chuckled. “Really?” he said smiling, as he stepped down on her slipper. “Not so scary now, huh?”

She glanced from her slipper, to his face, and back to her slipper before pulling her foot out from under his and wrapping her arms around herself; squinting her eyes and sticking her tongue out at him. He laughed, but after that it was just empty and awkward silence; something Kytherin couldn’t stand.

“Well Bill, It was nice seeing you again but–” she said slowly before being cut off.

“Why did you walk off so suddenly last night?” he asked in a rush. She knew that this question would come up, and she wasn’t exactly sure how to answer it.

“I, I don’t know. I guess I was scared.”

“Why would you be scared?” he asked a bit quieter now.

“I was afraid you’d be mad since I basically pretended like I had no idea who you were; when in reality, I knew exactly who you were. And the way you looked at me when I said you name, I figured you’d be, well, upset,” she said silently. “By the time I realized you never introduced yourself, it was too late.”

“Me be mad? At you?” his mouth cracked into a grin. “Never. Honestly I was stunned. You’re one of the only people I’ve ever met who, even though they knew who I was, acted as if I was just another person.”

She couldn’t believe it. He’d always mention in interviews that he hated when people would pretend they didn’t know him just to get closer to him. Wasn’t she the same as them?

“Liar.” She smiled slightly and glanced up at him. “I’m sure there are tons of fans that pretend they don’t know who you are when they see you.”

“Yes but, they do it intentionally. Unlike you, who was just a little...out of it at the time.”

“That’d make since, considering you did hit me with a door.” She smirked up at him. “You’re awfully abusive you know; first my head, then my slipper…what’s next?”

“You’re never going to let me forget that are you?” he said laughing.

That’s when Kytherin’s smile fell slightly. Would I even have a chance to not let him forget? I mean, he is an international rock star, who I doubt has anytime to hang around with me. Except for when I run into him.

She looked away and then back at him. “That depends on how long you plan on keeping me around.”

“What do you mean by that?”

“Well, I’m only here for about two weeks, maybe a bit more. And I doubt you’ll be here long...” she trailed off and glanced away again. She was never good at talking to guys.

“Are you kidding me? You’re acting as if I could easily forget you,” He slouched slightly and placed a hand on her shoulder, and pulled her head back to look at him with the other. “but you’re wrong. I’ve never met anyone else quite like you.”

He slowly moved closer to her, and Kytherin knew what was going to happen. She wouldn’t, she couldn’t, let it happen. She felt his hot breath on her lips; she went to say something, but the words caught in her throat. She new she’d regret it, but it was too late to stop it.

She lost the battle that was going on inside her head when his lips brushed up against hers; her mind was blank. She felt his tongue trace over her lower lip, and he clicked his tongue stud against his teeth. That’s when she had to pull away.

She stood there staring at him, unsure of what to do.
“Yes?” he asked, smiling cheekily as if he had won some sort of battle.

“I uhh, eurg…” Her mind was mush and she couldn’t think of anything to say. She blushed and stared down at her slippers; shoving her hands inside of her pajama pants pockets. That’s when it hit her…

“I really need to go Bill.” She was getting anxious; it was long pasted the 25 minutes her boss gave her to get there.

“What’s wrong?” he didn’t like the idea that she could be just trying to get away from him again.

“Nothing is wrong. I was supposed to meet my boss for breakfast at the café and, I’m really late!”

“Oh ok, well… see you later then?”

“Yeah euhm, of course; uh, bye.” She leaned forwards and hugged him goodbye then ran of down the hallway. She still had no idea where the café was, but she couldn’t stay there anymore. She couldn’t help but ask herself, “What the hell is wrong with me?”
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you enjoyed it! I wrote most of it after my 2-3 hour test :P Review?? :D
*Kriss's ringtone is 'Velvet' by Breathe Carolina (one of my favorite songs)
What Bill looked like in this chapter :3