Status: This the first fan fiction I've written.

Words, Wars, and Symphonies

Words, Wars, and Symphonies Chapter 5

I smiled at the surrounding boys, all of us done eating. They were all so attractive. I think Ryan saw me looking at them.

“Okay, who wants to play some Life after we clean up?” He was trying to distract me.

“Sure, we could do that!”
“That'd be nice!”
“Sounds like a plan to me!”

Everyone agreed. I don't know what's wrong with simply looking at someone else. Ryan was making out to be somewhat of a spastic.

We got all cleaned up and set up the game.

We had our own way of playing. If you landed on a spot that said “Trade Salary With Any Player”, you traded families and cars instead. It was funny yet confusing. We didn't buy houses or use money. We were racing. Whoever retired first won. This was a long process because the spinner kept getting stuck.

We finished the game. Brendon won and he was bragging. I worried about him the most. I looked up at the clock. 12:11 pm. 249 more minutes. I sneaked over to Ryan. “Maybe we should go to Tropical Smoothie Cafe another day.”

“Like... tomorrow?” he asked. I couldn't. I had a movie night scheduled with Jessie.

“Sorry, can't! Maybe Tuesday? I'm having a girls night only with Jessica tomorrow.” He seemed sad. I hate it when he's sad. It's unbearable. “Sweets, you okay? I promised her this day. It's the only day of the week neither of us have classes at the same time.”

“Okay. Tuesday it is! What time should I pick you up?”

“I'll call you. I can't say exactly when right now.”

“Okay. What do you want to do now? We have time to kill!” Maybe I was wrong about him being a spazz. Maybe he just wanted to play a board game.

I wasn't sure what I wanted to do. I think this was the first time anyone ever gave me that option. I was overwhelmed.

“How about we all go for a long walk,” suggested Spencer. There he goes. Thank you so much. You saved me.

“Good! A walk!” I made sure they knew I was keen on the idea.

“A walk it is,” Jon winked at me.

I had to change into my regular clothes first. I retrieved them from the dryer. Hmmm, so warm. I slipped on my black and gold t-shirt, then my blue denim jeans. The large t-shirt I was wearing got dumped in the dirty clothes basket.

I took a look in the mirror. I didn't like what I saw. A girl with bad facial features. My cheekbones were so high. And my lips, they were too plump. My nose was so small. My hair a mess from my night's sleep. And my eyes, I actually happen to love my eyes. I didn't really see what the guys saw in me. I thought fixing my hair should do justice for now.

I went into the loft to find the boys. There they were on the couch. I asked Sweets where a hair brush was. He took me to his bedroom and handed me a wooden handle bristle hair brush. I brushed my rat nest and put it up in a side ponytail.

There. Now I look presentable. As far as hair and eyes go.