Status: This the first fan fiction I've written.

Words, Wars, and Symphonies

Words, Wars, and Symphonies Chapter 9

I wake up and remember it's Tuesday. I look at the clock. 7:26 a.m.... I walked into the kitchen where I find Jessica making a bowl of cereal. “It's Tuesday! Tuesday! Meeting Panic! on Tuesday!” She was so silly. I couldn't help but giggle at her little spoof.

“Oh! Aheheh. Lainey.... Hi! Did you like my song?” She seemed a little embarrassed.

“I thought it was beautiful, Jess.” I started making a bowl of cereal for myself. “Once I'm done with my Frosted Flakes I'll call Ryan and ask him what time we should be there, alrighty?”

“Alrighty! Should I wear something nice?” She joked... I think.

“No, Jessie! Just be you! I promise they'll like you! They all liked me and you're like the modified version of me!” They'll probably like her more. I'm used to that though.

I called Ryan.
Ring ring, ring ring! Ring ring.... “Hello? Lainey?”

“Hey, Ryan! Did I wake you up? I'm sorry. I just wanted to know what time I should be over there with Jess.”

“Oh, uh, come on over. Brendon and Spencer are awake, but I don't know about Jon.” I heard some shouting in the back ground. “Okay, I guess Jon is up too. Bring your stuff. You're spending the night. I'll be with them when you get here. I just have to... get out of... bed....” He was trailing off.

“Aheheh... Ryan? I'll leave in just a few minutes. Good bye!” I hung up after realising Ryan had fallen back asleep.

“Soooo? When are they expecting us?”

“Pretty soon. I should call Brendon to make sure Ryan is up...” I whipped out my phone again.

“Lainey! Better idea! Let's just surprise him!”

“...I'll just send Brendon a text message.” I started to get ready with Jessica.

We finished at the same time. “Okay. Let's go! I'm ready to meet the band!” Jessie had been waiting for this moment for a long time, according to her.

We grabbed our bags and walked out the door. Jessica stopped to lock the door. We kept walking until we reached our car. I got in the driver's seat, her in the passenger's. I started the car and drove towards the guy's house. I had memorized their address.

When we arrived, Jessica jumped out of the car and opened my door. I was taking my time. She pulled me out and dragged me to the front door.

Ding dong! I rang the door bell. There were voices behind the door and footsteps tapping across the hardwood floor. Jessie was growing impatient and started to lightly bounce on her heels. Finally, someone came to the door. Click. I heard the door unlock. Jess let out a tiny squeal. The door swayed open and there was Spencer, looking ever so dapper.

“Hey, Lainey! How have you been? We've all missed you!” He embraced me. “And who, may I ask, is this lovely lady?” He took Jessica's hand and kissed it. Jessica laughed. He is such a gentleman.

“This is my friend, Jessica. Ryan said I could bring her over to hang out with us!” I put my arm around her shoulder and gave her a small squeeze. “She really wanted to meet you guys.” I said with a smile. Spencer smiled back at me and invited us in. We set our bags down. I took in the smell of fresh cotton and daisies. The place was a bit untidy, but I assume that's what happens when you leave four... err.... five young men to themselves.

“LAINEY!!!” Ryan shouted from the couch, sitting next to a young man I hadn't seen before. “Come on over here. I want you to meet Patrick.” He gestured to a gorgeous guy sitting on the couch with a guitar across his body, gently strumming the strings. I fixed my hair as best I could and walked over to him while Lainey ventured off with Spencer to find Jon and Brendon.

“Hi, Patrick Stump, right?” I jutted my hand towards him to shake. “Yeah! Patrick. You must be Lainey.” He shook my hand and told me how Ryan couldn't shut up about me. He turned to Ryan. “You're a lucky guy Ryan. You get all of the cute and charismatic girls.” I was sure I was blushing big time. “I know I am!” Ryan gave me a smile. I burst out in a fit of giggles and hugged him. He was the one of the sweetest guys I had ever had the pleasure of meeting.

I saw Jessica walk into the room with Spencer, Jon, and Brendon.

“Ahhhh! I've missed you for the past week!” I ran towards Jon, Brendon, and Spencer to hug them simultaneously. “We've missed you, Lainey.” smiled Jon. Brendon pulled away and gave me a smile before walking to the couch and stopping at Patrick. They did an awkwardly long hand shake while the rest of us stood nearly mesmerized by their hand movements. At the end of forever they had finished their greeting.

Spencer laughed and I gave him a smile. We did a mock hand shake and Patrick got up to teach us their secret.

Half an hour later we were all greeting each other with the long hand shake established by Brendon and Patrick.

I was talking with Jessie, Jon, Ryan, and Patrick when Jessie walked over to where Spencer and Brendon were chatting and tried to get to know Brendon more. She had told me before how “hot” Brendon Urie is. He bought into her charm and I waved Spencer over to join us. He shuffled over in his pink bunny house slippers and pin striped pajama pants. He looked so adorable....

I was brought back into reality when someone waved their hand in front of my eyes. Ryan. He smiled and I looked at the group in embarrassment. “Sorry...” I shyly smiled.

We were talking for a while until we heard the door bell. As usual, Spencer went to answer the door. It was a salesman. Seemed like he was selling Rap albums from a local group. Spencer politely denied the man and closed the door.

I walked over to him and asked about ordering a pizza because there were so many of us. He asked what everyone wanted and called Pizza Hut.

Ring ring, ring ring! Ring ring. Ring- “Hello. Can I get a large cheese pizza......” He ordered and hung up. “The pizza will be here in thirty minutes or less!” We all cheered.

We had thirty minutes to kill so we watched an episode of Danny Phantom. It was the one where Point Dexter tricked Danny into switching lives. The seven of us sat glued to the television for 29 minutes.

Ding dong! Spencer got up to get the door and Jon went to help him. “I.... have an order of a large cheese pizza, hot wings..... and.... three 2 liter Dr. Peppers.” The pizza delivery boy was out of breath. “That'll be $39.99, please” Jon took the drinks to the kitchen and went back with $40. He handed it to the poor guy and said “Keep the change as your tip”. He took the hot wings and Spencer took the pizza.

The five of us who were on he couch were now in the kitchen getting plates and cups out. All of us sat down to eat and afterwards we talked for a while. I got up everyone's plate and washed them in the sink along with the pile of other dishes. I returned to find them talking about YouTube videos of cats. I love these people. I brought up Keyboard Cat and Jessie burst out “HOW DID THEY TEACH THEIR CAT TO DO THAT?!?!” We all laughed and explained to her that it was just a fun video and not actually a cat playing a keyboard. She was a little bit disappointed.

When I checked the clock it was 1:43 pm.

“Do you guys want to go to the movies? The new Pirates movie is supposed to be playing at 2.”

“YES! Let's go! I have to see that movie!!!” Jessie obviously couldn't wait.

“You just want to gape at Johnny Depp the whole time!” I accused her.

“So what if I do?” The guys and I laughed. Brendon seemed a tad bit uncomfortable. “We need to go see it!”

Everyone else was fine with the movie, so we got in our separate cars. Brendon, Ryan, Jess, and I were in my car and Spencer, Jon, and Patrick were in Spencer's car. We took off to the Circle K near the band's house to get movie snacks and sodas. They were too overpriced at the cinema. We all got the same thing: 20 fl. oz. Dr. Pepper and skittles. After paying, we went out the door to the front and sat on the sidewalk to kill time. Jess and I put the soda and snacks in our over sized purses to sneak them in.

We talked for a bit before deciding to get up and go across the street to the movies. Ryan bought mine and his ticket. Brendon bought his and Jessica's tickets. Theater 19. All the way at the end of the right wing. We trekked down the corridor and walked into the darkened room where the trailers were playing. We decided to sit in the third row from the front. From left to right we sat: Jon, Patrick, Spencer, me, Ryan, Jessica, Brendon. The movie started and we all sat back to enjoy the film.

The movie ended about two hours later. We got up and walked down the aisle to the main hall.

“OH-EM-GEE! That was AMAZING!!!” Jess exclaimed.

“Ahaha! I'm actually going to have to agree with you on that one, Jessie bear. Johnny Depp just looked so damn sexy.” Brendon poked fun at her.

“Augh, didn't he?!” She said, trying to make jealous. “He can get in my bed whenever he likes!”

“Okay, Jessie. That's a little bit too much now....”

“Really though, Brendon! Do you still agree with me?”

“No. I don't. We should go home now, guys.” We all laughed at how uncomfortable Brendon was getting and we got in our cars.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I've taken so long to get these chapters posted! I'm trying harder to write at least a paragraph everyday now, so the chapters should start following a schedule. I'm not quite sure what that schedule is yet, but don't be a silent reader c; Go ahead and comment!