Ready to Go

Just Maybe

I suppose I was spending too much of my time in this fantasy land because right when I was getting comfortable, I was yanked out of it and back to my reality. I didn’t know how hard it was to breathe, it seemed like I forgotten altogether. When I was turned over onto my side this all seemed far too familiar. I gasped once more and looked up at Brendon who looked two shades paler. I managed to sit up slowly and looked at the three faces that surrounded me.

“What happened?” I asked lightly, I brought my hand to my head. I still felt like I was crashing along with the waves.

“Dude, I thought you were a goner this time, Ivy!” Dustin said kneeing down in front of me. He was blocking the view of the waves and I was thankful.

“You went in and the next thing you were gone!” I heard Hilary said from my right.

“But the band boy saved you again! Ever consider ditching the band life and just becoming a lifeguard?” I heard Dustin ask Brendon.

My eyes drifted to Brendon slowly, he still hadn’t move from his spot. The only thing that had moved was his eyes because they were burning into mine. The scared and worried expressions were clearly plastered on his face. I brought my hands mindlessly to Dustin’s arms which took a bit find. I pulled myself and sighed deeply.

“Well thank you for this magical moment,” I said lightly to Brendon. “Almost dying is now my new hobby.” I said and grabbed my towel and wrapped it around my body.

“Oh man, that’s a horrible hobby.” Dustin said shaking his head a bit with a small frown.

I opened my mouth to explain but I knew it was pointless because Dustin was just being Dustin. I grabbed my shoes and started my way back to the pier, I knew if I was at work I couldn’t die. I was nearing the stairs when I was lifted up and tossed over a shoulder, I gasped at the shoulder stabbing me in the stomach. I raised my head and looked back at Hilary and Dustin tailing behind. It only took a moment or two to realize that Brendon was carrying me.

“Put me down!” I squeaked and tried my best to move off his shoulder.

“That’s not going to happen.” Brendon said rather calmly.

“Come on, I almost died trying to prove you wrong and now you’re doing this to me?!”

“I’m just carrying you.” I didn’t have time to protest any further. Brendon turned around completely having me almost bump into a few people. With an apologetic look they didn’t say anything, I sighed in relief but became more tense once were walking towards the front of the pier.

“Dustin, get help! I’m getting kidnap!” I said reaching out for the tall male. But all he did was wave and give a bright smile like it was normal. “Hilary…” I started to call out but she simply hid behind Dustin. “What is wrong with you people!?”

“Ivy?” Brendon said oddly as he adjusted me on his shoulder.

“Bre-Brendon.” I groaned as his shoulder stabbed me again in the stomach.

“Stop yelling people are starting to stare at us.”

“Good! Maybe one of them will have some common sense and stop you!” With my luck no one did and I was being placed gently in the passenger seat of Brendon’s car. I stared up at him questioningly but got no answers as he shut the door and made his way around. The cold leather seats made me shake a bit; I raised the towel higher up and draped it over my shoulders and placed my shoes on my lap.

Brendon got into the car quietly and started it up, he said nothing further as he drove out of the pier’s parking out onto the busy street. I kept my eyes on the side of his face, with a small frown on mine. I didn’t ask anything as he continued to drive and he didn’t look at me once. I breathed deeply in defeat and looked out the window.

We were parked in no time which lead to Brendon getting out, I followed suit holding onto my shoes with one hand and my towel with the other. I quickly followed him up some stairs and stopping at a door. I watched as he tried to find the right key and opened up the door. He allowed me to enter and my eyes started to look around. It didn’t take me long to realize we are at his apartment. Even before I could open my mouth to question he was disappearing in the hall leaving in alone in the living room.

I uncomfortably moved in my spot which remained near the door, my eyes still trying to take everything in. Why the hell was I here anyways? What purpose was there? I felt out of place and scared to break anything of his. He kept his place pretty neat I sort of expected a mess. Before I could get into anything further, Brendon was in front of with some folded clothes.

“What?” I asked in a light tone still moving a bit in my spot.

“Go change.” Brendon said softly keeping his arm held out.

“No, I’m fine.” I nodded a few times and slowly let my shoes drop to the floor making a loud thump.

“No, you’re not. You’re wet and cold, I don’t want you to get sick.”

“I’ll be fine, Brendon. Thank you.” I started to push the pile of clothes away from me.

“Please, just change.” He said in a pleading voice and bounced a bit in his spot.

“No,”

“Ivy, please just change!” Brendon moved closer to me and sighed deeply. “Or I’ll change you myself.” His whine started to turn into a gut twisting smirk.

Without further hesitation I grabbed the clothes from his grip and headed off to the direction of his bathroom. Once the door was closed and locked, I started to change while my mind was thinking over everything that happened and what was going to happen. I felt nervous when I was fully clothed in Brendon’s clothes. It took me a while to walk out of the restroom since I was nervous to have him see me. I shyly made my way out and saw him on the couch, his head turned when I was somewhat close to him, Brendon’s arm opened wide, I suppose for an embrace but instead I sat down on the corner of the couch my eyes not leaving his. His arms dropped and a pout started to form.

“Why did you bring me here?” I asked him before the pout could increase.

“Haven’t you ever just ditched work?” Brendon questioned and smiled.

“No,” I replied shortly.

“Me either but don’t worry your boss knows I took you.”

I nodded a bit to Brendon as our conversation ended for that belief moment. I then come to realize something. My eyes that were glued to the couch were now on Brendon’s, his brown hues staring back at my own.

“I almost died today,” I frowned deeply, with that side Brendon was at my side. The closeness was comfortable but I found it hard to breathe.

“I’m sorry, Ivy. I shouldn’t have asked that of you.” He whispered and rested his head against my own, like it was normal, like his head was made just to be rested like that against my own.

My arms remained at their sides with no urges to hug him or touch him. I was mad at him for making me fear the water more than I already was, I was mad at him for bringing me here. I still had no answer as to why. And not to mention the fact I didn’t have it in me to push him away or tell him off. Instead I simply stayed in the hold of my rescuer.

“What if I can’t get back in the water, Brendon?” I asked and unwillingly let my head rest against his, it was comfort so I decided to take it.

“You have me here, I’m going to help you every step of the way.” He said lightly into my hair.

“Oh crap, so that means I’m stuck with you?” I asked with a small smile on my face.

“Until you say otherwise,”

“Even so you won’t leave.”

“Well not until you give me a good enough reason.” Brendon nodded against my head.

I took a deep breath letting myself relax; I brought myself somewhat closer to Brendon. I started to focus on his breathing that was light and calm. Maybe I was partly glad he brought me here. Maybe I was okay with getting comfortable with this dude, just maybe.
♠ ♠ ♠
finally an update for this, its been a while. but im slowly coming around.
i hope you enjoyed this, thanks for sticking around still<33