Status: Done! Done! Done! Enjoyyy! :D

You, You're My Prince Charming

01/01

Here I am with him. The one man that I could never spend enough time with, he was my best friend. He was the boy I could tell anything and everything to. He’s just the goofiest and sweet guy I know.

He was my neighbor since we were both six and we hit off instantly. He was the one person that always made me smile. When I cried he was the boy who came around to hug me. He always listened to whatever I had to say. I always felt so at ease when he was around me. He’s the perfect best friend, except for when another boy is brought into the mix.

“Rob,” I said.

“Yes Suzie pop?” he asked.

“I have to leave you soon,” I said.

“Why would that be?” he asked

“Daniel is coming to pick me up soon,” I said.

“Oh,” he said.

He casually looked down to the floor, and I felt a little bad. I hated when he was sad, and I hated that he was sad because of me. You see Rob doesn’t like Daniel, my current boyfriend, at all. He thinks that Daniel is a really bad influence on me and that he’s changing who I am as a person. Personally, I think that Rob is just a crazy fool. Daniel is an amazing boy friend.

“What is it this time?” I asked.

“I wish you weren’t dating someone like him,” he said.

“He’s a great guy,” I said.

“No he isn’t,” he said.

“And why not?” I asked.

I know that I really valued his thoughts, but sometimes he takes them a step too far. I really care for Daniel. Daniel is such a sweet heart and is so caring. He’s there for me through my nights when I just can’t sleep. We text each other all the time, and he always leaves me these really cute voicemail messages. I really couldn’t see what Rob saw wrong with him.

“You can tell that he only thinks about one thing when he’s got a girlfriend.” He said.

“That’s bull, Daniel really cares for me. He tells me that I am nothing like his other girlfriends.”

“How long have you been together?” he asked me.

“Rob you know how long, I’ve told you three times already. It’s exactly three weeks, two days and four hours.” I said.

“That’s exact all right,” he said.

“Yea, I keep track. What’s your point of this anyway?” I questioned.

“I asked Daniel how long you’ve been dating, wanna know what he gave as an answer?”

The tone of his voice was starting to get to me. I could tell that he was getting really angry about it, I hated when he did this. It always made me feel like shit, and he always did this when I had a date. I wished that he’d time things better, but of course not. Sometimes I honestly believe that he was doing this to me on purpose because he was jealous or maybe he wanted me to be miserable like he was.

“Even if I say no, you’re going to say it, so just tell me.” I said.

“He said ‘oh, me and Suzie it’s been a while. Who cares anyway?’”

“You’re such a liar!” I yelled.

“He told me that yesterday,” he said.

“That’s complete bull; he knows how long we’ve dated. You’re just saying this to get me all worked up!” I shouted.

“You think so? Well then you should ask him tonight,” he said.

This was my opportunity to prove to Rob that Daniel knew exactly how long we’ve been dating. I was going to show him that he was wrong about what he said about Daniel.

“You know what?! I will!” I yelled.

“You better and tell me what he says.” He said.

“Fine,” I said.

“Well I will see you later,” he said.

“Mhm,” I said.

I left and got ready for Daniel and I’s date. This date was really important to me; this date was going to be special. I had this feeling in my gut that this date was going to be the best date I’ll ever go on.

I wanted to look really cute for this date. I looked through my closet and I found the perfect outfit for the start of November. I decided on a grey tank, white Capri pants, cute, black ballet flats and a nice woolen over coat. I hoped that Daniel was really going to like this.

Daniel was supposed to be here at seven and it was now seven thirty and he still hadn’t arrived. It made me feel really sad that he wasn’t here yet. Daniel had the tendency to be late, but he’s never been this late before.

My phone buzzed in my pocket, my heart skipped a beat. As I looked down at the screen I realize it’s from Rob.

The message read:
‘How’s the date going? Ask him yet?’

Ugh! Is that all he cared about, if I asked him or not? Rob was supposed to be my best friend not a guy who inspected every single guy I dated.

I had dated this guy named John and Rob was the biggest dick I could ever know. He didn’t talk to me for the entire week that he and I dated. He told me that John was a dick and dated his sister and that he beat on her. I honestly couldn’t believe that John would do such a thing. He was such a sweet boy, or so I thought. John almost hit me after our third date and I ended it right then and there. Ever since John, Rob thinks that he can detect a bad boyfriend anywhere. I want to prove to him that he’s not a master boyfriend reader. Just because he was right about John doesn’t mean he’s right about Daniel.

I decided not to text him back; I wasn’t in the mood of talking to him right now. I was still all worked up on why Daniel still wasn’t here. I was starting to think that maybe he forgot about the date. I doubt that he did, but it could always be a possibility.

My phone buzzed again and this time it was from Daniel. The message said: ‘ sorry boo for being late, I’m on my way.’ I knew that he didn’t forget about me. Before I knew it Daniel was at my door. He looked real nice. He was in a nice pair of navy jeans and a button down top. I felt a little underdressed.

“Hey babe,” I said happily

I hugged him closely, he smelled really good, but his scent was different, way different. His scent was almost sweet; usually he was musky and a little manlier. He almost smelt like he was with a girl before, for a long while.

“Hey,” he said almost lifeless.

“Are you all right?” I asked.

“Oh yea, I’m fine. So we go?” he asked.

“Yep,”

I took his hand in mine and we began to walk. Walking with him it felt like there was a disconnection between the two of us. It was so odd. He and I always had a really close feeling of joy and happiness. I felt a little weird this time around, it almost seemed like he didn’t wanna be here with me.

“Can I ask you something Daniel?”

“You just did,” he said.

I brushed his answer off a little. He never responded like that, at least if he laughed after he said it. Nope, he was as cold as a stone when he responded to me.

“How long have we been dating?” I asked.

His answer would be proof that Rob was wrong about Daniel. I could feel it in my soul, Rob was going to be wrong about it.

“Huh?”

“How long have you and I been dating?” I asked again.

“Uh,” he said.

“Well?”

“About what is it now a week and half,” he said.

I was a little disappointed at his response.

“Actually it’s been a little over three weeks,” I said.

“Ah, that’s um, cool.” He said.

I could tell that he didn’t even care. I could hear it in his tone of voice. I really thought he knew how long we’d been dating.

“So where are we going?” I questioned.

I needed to change the subject a little bit.

“My place, my parents aren’t home.” He said.

“Oh,”

When we got to his house the first thing he told me was if I was confident in our relationship. I said that I was and he wore a smirk. It made me feel a little uneasy.

“So, are you ready to take things to the next step?” he asked.

“What do you mean?” I asked.

“You know get a little closer, a little more intimate.” He said.

He gently kissed my jaw line and ran his tongue along it too. I was feeling really uncomfortable and creeped out. Why was Daniel doing this for? I didn’t want to have sex or anything close to that if that’s what he wanted.

“Daniel, stop.” I said

“Why baby?”

“Because I don’t want sex,” I said.

He kept on kissing my jaw and gently moved onto my neck. I pushed him away. There was no way I was going to have sex with him.

“Stop!” I yelled.

“Why?” he was getting angry.

“I’m not ready to have sex with you.” I said.

“Why the fuck not?”

I just looked down at the floor. For some reason I thought about Rob, and it felt like having sex with Daniel would hurt him.

“Suzie it’s the only reason I wanted to go out with you today.”

I got up and ran out of his house. I could have gone home but I went toward Rob’s house instead. I was hoping that he would be there for me.

I knocked on the door and after two knocks he answered. I ran into his arms and he held me close. Suddenly tears began to pour down my face. I didn’t know what to do. I just couldn’t hold the tears back. Rob was right after all.

“What’s the matter?” he asked softly.

“I-I”

I couldn’t form a thought up at all; I was still so shaken up from what just happened to me.

“Let’s go to my room,” he said.

I nodded my head and he picked me up and put me on his bed.

“Now, tell me what happened?” he said.

“We’re over,” I said through light cries.

“What?” he asked.

His tone of voice nearly seemed to be a little too happy. It made me smile a little, but I wasn’t expecting a tone like that from him of all people.

“Daniel and me, we’re over.” I said.

“How come?” he asked.

“He wanted to have sex with me,” I said.

“Oh,”

“Yea, I asked him how long we’ve been dating and he said only a week and half, and he took me to his place just so he could have sex with him. I wasn’t ready,” I said.

Rob hugged me closely and the tears began to pour down my face again. I hated when I cried this much around Rob, it really sucked and it wasn’t what I considered to be fair.

“Shh, it’s okay.” He said softly.

I yawned and he just let go of me and laid me down under his covers.

“Sleep here tonight Suzie pop.” He said.

“Okay,” I agreed.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It had been a little over two weeks since the whole break up with Daniel and I have to say that I didn’t miss him very much. I was glad things were over between us. I needed someone better than that for me, but I didn’t like being alone. I really liked having someone to call my own and someone who makes me feel good. I decided that I would make a profile on match.com. I thought that it would be a great way to meet someone in my area and get with someone who actually cared about me.

When I told Rob about it he seemed to be really angry with me. He told me that I was wasting my time on these sites. He said that he tried them a few times and each time he met someone it resulted in a bust. I didn’t really care, I wanted to meet someone and Rob needed to let me live my life a little.

The first day that I went on I met a guy and we seemed to hit it off pretty well. We decided that we’d meet after just two days of talking, sure it was pretty sudden, but it was worth the shot.

“Are you really going?” he asked.

“Yes,” I said.

“Why?” he asked.

“I want to see where things go with this guy, he seems to be pretty decent.” I said.

“Hmm, I don’t think that it’s a very smart idea, you’ve only known him for how long now?” he asked.

“Two days,” I said.

“Oh boy, Suzie pop you got to stop doing this stuff. You’ll meet someone when the time is right.” He said.

“I don’t want to wait, I want someone now and who knows maybe Thomas is Mr. right?” I said.

“I’ll let you dream a little but I doubt it.” He said.

“Anyway what do you care?” I asked.

“I just want you to be safe,” he said.

“Stop looking out for me, I can take care of myself.” I said.

“I know but you’re my Suzie pop.” He said.

“I’m no one’s Suzie Pop,” I responded.

His face suddenly went long and I felt as though I hurt him. I instantly regretted what I told him. I didn’t know why I was being so mean and bitchy toward him. He was really trying to be a good friend. He wasn’t trying to take over my life that much I knew.

“I’m sorry,” I said.

“It’s okay, I forgive you.” He said.

He gave me a hug and I casually walked away. I needed to go meet Thomas in a place that was about fifteen minutes away from my house.

“Luck!” he shouted.

“Thanks!”

Before Thomas arrived I was a ball of nerves, I was so worried that things would end badly. I was always shy when it came to the first time meeting people, especially when it came to guys.
The only boy I was never shy around was Rob, he became my buddy instantly. He was actually the shy one, I was the one who said hi to him and asked him if he wanted to play. He got excited and said that girls never spoke to him before. He was always funny and still was now. He made me laugh more than anyone, and he still does. He’s just so adorable when he wants to be, and he’s the only one who calls me Suzie Pop, other than my mom. He had these amazing green eyes that made me instantly happy. His eyes were the most beautiful eyes I’ve ever seen in my entire life.

“Are you Suzie?” someone asked.

“Yes, yes I am.” I said.

“Oh it’s a pleasure to meet you, I’m Thomas.” He said.

I was stunned he looked close to nothing of what he looked like on his pictures. He was a lot bigger, and up close he looked pretty scary. I was a little worried and wished that I hadn’t come here alone. I should have asked Rob to come here, but I didn’t. I knew he’d say no. I looked down at the way I was dressed and now I felt a little odd. I was wearing leggings that were lace but not clear, I had a checkered shirt on and these really cute booties. Rob gave them to me last Christmas, but his sister picked them out for me. I loved these boots more than any other pair of shoes that I had.

“Oh hi,” I said.

“So we meet for the very first time,” he said.

I nodded my head quickly and looked down to the floor.

“How are you Suzie?” he asked.

“I’m fine thanks, how about you?” I asked.

“I’ve never been better,” he said.

I felt sort of uneasy and a little strange being next to him. Every time he said something it seemed like it was rehearsed from out of a book. I couldn’t believe a word that he was coming out of his mouth; it was so easy to tell that he was lying. I could see it in his eyes; his eyes were brown and narrow, nothing like Rob’s eyes. Rob’s eyes were soft and inviting, his were frightening and perverted.

“So beautiful, how far do you let a man go on the first date?” he asked.

“This isn’t a date,” I said in return.

“Yes, it is. Now answer my question,” he spat.

“No,” I said.

“I want to know,” he said.

“Yea, well you’re not getting an answer.” I said.

He grabbed my arms and I kind of fell into them. I have not a clue as to why I did such a thing. He held me close and began to whisper things to me. I didn’t know how to react so I just let my body go limp. He kind of let me go a little and I hit the pavement hard. It actually really hurt me.

“Ow,” I yelled.

“Well it’s your fault that you fell the way you did,” he said.

“How is it my fault?” I asked.

“You fucking fell limp into my arms it’s your fault!” he yelled.

I just brushed him off and just left. I knew that there was no hope with me and Thomas he was like all the other jerks I had met. I decided to walk the long way back home; I really wanted to think about the men in my life.

My first ever boyfriend was named Marc and he was the biggest loser I had ever met. He was controlling and mean. He wanted me to always and only be with him. He nearly tore me away from Rob and that was the last straw. He said that Rob was into me and that I being best friends with a guy was getting in the way of us. Marc and I lasted about a month and a half. Rob warned me that he was controlling, but I didn’t want to listen.

There was Bradley; he was a great person up until I caught him cheating on me. He was your typical pig of a man. I didn’t want sex from him, so he decided to get it from Candie, a little blonde college bitch. That tore me apart, but Rob was there for me. Rob told me about him being a sleaze, but did I believe him? No of course I didn’t, he was my boyfriend I wanted to believe that he was going to be; my everything. I was wrong way wrong and once again Rob was right.

Then came around John, but I told you about him already. Then there was Daniel and now Thomas. Damn, I couldn’t believe all these men. Rob had showed me all the red flags, but I never listened. Rob was being the best friend that I had always wanted, but I took it as controlling. In fact, Rob was trying to protect me. He was being the real man in my life. He was the one man that I could have trusted with more than anything.

Rob was the one man that I knew would hold my heart and not hurt me. He was there after all my break ups. He was the one who held me when I cried, the only man I could truly cry to. Rob was the one man that I knew what his eyes held. Rob was the man who I always counted on.
As I was walking home, I came to realize that all this time I was falling in love with Rob. I know it’s totally cliché, but it didn’t matter I loved Rob. I loved everything about him; he was funny, charming, sweet, loving and just amazing. When I hugged him the warmth that ran through my body was just insane. I loved spending time with him. There was something about the look in his eyes when I was around that made my heart flutter. When I said no to sex with those boys I dated, I was thinking that I’d be hurting Rob, that Rob would be disappointed in my choices. It also had to do with the fact that I had always imagined myself having my first sexual experience with Rob.

As I approached our intersecting streets, I thought about what my mom had once told me: “You have to kiss a lot of toads before you find a handsome prince.”

I knew what I had to do.

***

“Hey Suz-”

I cut him off, I pressed my lips to his and he kissed back. For the first time ever I felt something in a kiss. This kiss held to much passion and held so much longing for each other. I couldn’t believe that this was happening. I never thought kissing Rob would feel so amazing.

We both pulled back gently and stared into each other’s eyes. The look in his eyes was just so sincere.

“Wow,” he whispered softly.

I felt myself blush and he smiled.

“A kiss never felt so good before,” I said.

“Ditto,” he said.

He grabbed my hand and kissed it softly. He gently picked me up and took me to his bed. I had a feeling deep down that Rob and I were about to go all the way. To be totally honest with you, I wanted it to happen. I knew that I was ready.

“Is this really going to happen?” I asked.

“If you want it to,” he said.

“I’ve never wanted this more than I have now, Rob I love you.” I said.

“I love you too, Suzie pop.”

He began to kiss me and before the both of us knew it we were in another world. We were becoming one and mending our souls together. It was the greatest experience I ever had in my life. Rob held me close and I had never been so happy in my life like I had been with any other man.

“Rob, you’re my prince charming,”

Rob smiled and kissed my lips softly.

Who knew that after all these toads, I’d find my Prince? Above all else, who would have thought that my prince would be my best friend Rob?

No matter what you thought, I was damn glad that it was him and not anyone else.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you liked the story! (: Comments would be greatly appriciated.

I thought it would be nice to provide you with pictures! :DD

Suzie's outfit for Daniel's date

Suzie's outfit for Thoams' encounter

Rob {This picture was given to me by the contest host}