Status: New Story!

Glitter in the Air

Five

The hotel we were staying at was nice, I'd never been in one like it. I'd only ever been in nasty old motels. Jake and I were sitting around our room, watching the TV. I had already showered and was ready for bed, though Jake had turned it on and was watching some lame reality TV show. Probably to keep himself from talking, I think he could tell I was caught up in my own thoughts and didn't really feel like talking to anyone. I wonder if what Jake said earlier was true. Did he not know? I found it hard to believe, Mom had tried to call him, email him, send him letters, Hell, she even took me with her to one of his concerts! Yet he didn't stop once to listen. I personally just think he didn't want a kid, he didn't want the responsibility, the only reason he was agreeing to get this test done is because one, he doesn't think I'm him, and two, I have no one left. So it's just a pity thing. Plus, I'd only have to be there for a little over a year and a half, then I'll be eighteen and I'll be able to leave without the law getting involved. Jake sighed, sitting up on his bed and switching off the TV.

"We should probably get some shut eye now, we've got a long day ahead of us tomorrow." he told me while getting up and walking over to the door, and locking the deadbolt.

"Yeah, I'm not sure I'm ready for it." I told him, sliding under the overly startched blankets on my bed.

"Hope," he while chuckling, "If I left it up to you, you'd never be ready for it, so we'd never get it done." Causing me to smile.

"You know me so well."

"Goodnight Hope." he murmured over to me. But I was already asleep.

* * *

The shower starting woke me up from my sleep the next morning. I was glad I showered last night. I sat up glancing over at the little alarm clock on the nightstand seperating the beds. It read 9:12am, meaning we had a little over an hour to get to the Dr. appointment at 10:30. Getting up, I walked over to my suitcase, opening it and pulling out a pair of jeans and a t-shirt. Which meant that you would be able to see all the bruises and scars that lined my arms, but right now, I couldn't give a rats ass. Being in California still had me in a good mood.

I walked over to the little desk with a mirror hanging above it and grabbed my small bag of makeup and straightener. First I plugged in my straightener turning it on so it had time to warm up. Then I applied a little makeup, eyeliner and mascara. By the time I had finished perfecting it, my straightener was hot, so I ran it through my hair quickly, making the dark strands fall straight down. By the time I was done, Jake had come out of the bathroom and was dressed and ready to go.

"One minute." I told him, grabbing my clothes and going into the bathroom and getting dressed quickly. before walking out and slipping on my slip-on checkered vans.

"Alright, I'm ready, let's just get this over with." I told Jake, who was already by the door, waiting for me. He nodded and led me out to the rental car, we both got in, before he set off in the direction of the Doctors office.

The closer we got to the office, the more nervous I got, I hoped I wouldn't have to see him, Jake said he wasn't sure what time he was coming in at, though he knew what time my appointment was at. I wasn't nervous for them to draw blood though, I'd been around needles so often they stopped bothering me.

It was about ten minutes after ten when we pulled into the parking lot of the office. I glanced over at Jake nervously.

"Hey, come on now, it's going to be fine." he told me softly. I just snorted and got out of the car, walking into the cold office. It smelled like rubbing alcohol. I just walked right over to the chairs in the waiting area and plopped down in one, leaving Jake to check me in. A few minutes later he came and sat down next to me.

"How are you doing?" he asked me,

"What are you now? My fucking therapist?" I rolled my eyes at him, but said it good naturedly.

He just laughed at me, "No, but I am curious."

I pursed my lips, thinking about it for a moment, "I guess I'm alright, I mean, as good as someone in my position can be."

He nodded, "I suppose that's good, you haven't gone totally insane yet.

"Hey!" I laughed at him. "I'm not insane! We just sat there laughing until my name was called by some woman in blue scrubs. Both Jake and I stood up, and walked back behind the lady.

"She looks like a smurf." I whispered to Jake.

"Be nice." he chided me half-assed. Causing me to giggle, "I'm always nice."

"Right." he rolled his eyes at me. Once we were in the little room, the nurse did the normal procedures, heart rate, blood pressure etc. Before grabbing the little needle and tube.

"This is going to pinch" she told me kindly. I just nodded at her. She wrapped the rubber band thing around my upper arm and jabbed me with the needle, I just watched in silence as she filled some tubes with my blood. Within ten minutes we were done and ready to go.

"You're looking pale, how about we go get some ice cream or something after this?" Jake asked me as we were walking out of the room.

"Sounds good." I said smiling up at him.

Jake and I kept up with the conversation, and just as I rounded the corner I ran smack into someone. Nearly falling on my ass.

"Oh, I'm sorr--" The stranger said, I looked up irritated, only to be met with eyes identical to my own.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! :D
Thanks to A7X_foREVer6661. Who is a loyal commenter. This chapter goes out to her. It's kind of filler-ish but it's getting the story to where it's going to start picking up. Who is it that Hope bumped into? And what's going to happen? Any ideas? I'd love to hear what you guys think, and what you'd like to happen. Comment and Subscribe! (:
Love,
Carly.(:

P.S. Anyone catch that Avenged reference? <3