Status: New Story!

Glitter in the Air

Seven

I groaned, pulling my pillow over my head. It was too early for a phone to be going off. Wait, a phone going off. I shot up, and looked over a Jake, who was talking quietly to whoever was on the other end of the phone.

“Yes, uh-huh, yeah. Well, to be honest I’m not sure.” He spoke periodically. I stretched my arms above my head and ran my fingers through my hair, trying to fix the mess. Jake looked up at me and cracked a smile at me trying to tame my lions mane like hair.

“Alright, we’ll be in touch.” Jake told whoever was on the other end before snapping his phone shut. I looked up at him expectantly. He looked up and met my eyes.

“Well, that was the doctors office…” He started off but trailed off at the end.

“Yes and?” I asked him impatiently, maybe I was lucky and they screwed up the results.

“The DNA test was positive.” He said quietly, knowing that was exactly was I didn’t want to hear. I flopped back onto the bed and covered my head with my pillow before screaming into it. I heard Jake get up, and then the bed dipped down next to me.

“Come on now Hope.” He spoke, removing the pillow from my face, while I looked up at him pathetically. “It’s not going to be that bad, I mean, maybe you’ll really like him once you get to know him.”

“Fat chance.” I muttered. Jake just sighed and shook his head at me.

“Come on, get up.” he said standing and looking down at me.

“For what?” I asked him, “We’re going out for breakfast.” He told me like it should’ve been obvious. I rolled my eyes, rolled out of my bed onto the floor before standing up. Making Jake chuckle to himself. I swear I was going to get fat with all the eating out I was doing. I’ve probably eaten out more in these past few days than I have in my life.

When I was little Mom used to cook all the time, she was always getting these new recipes. She had always been an amazing cook before all the shit happened. I quickly shook those thoughts from my head as I went to my suitcase and picked out my outfit for the day. I tattered pair of skinny jeans and an old sweatshirt my Mom told me was my Dads. Fuck him. It’s mine now.

I went into the bathroom and did my hair and makeup before throwing on todays outfit. I walked out into the room where Jake was sitting watching TV. He looked at my outfit.

“Hope, it’s nearly ninety-five degrees out, do you really need to wear that?” he questioned my outfit, I pushed up my sleeves without a word and watched him as he took them in.

He sighed in defeat, “I guess you’re right.” he said sadly, referring to my battered arms.

“Yup.” I said popping the p. I walked ahead of him to the elevator, pushing the button and waiting for Jake to catch up while I was waiting.

“So where are we going?” I asked Jake curiously.

“To this little diner about five minutes away.” He told me, “Is that okay?” I just shrugged my shoulders I didn’t care where we went. I was just hungry.

About ten minutes later we arrived at the diner, had been seated, and placed our orders. Jake looked like he wanted to say something, but couldn’t figure out how, so I just watched him struggle and sipped my apple juice. Being honest it really was quite amusing watching him struggle over his words. He was just about to speak when his phone started going off from his pocket. Damn that phone of his.

“Hello?” he asked. “Oh yes, hello Mr. Baker.” he said, I choked on my juice, causing him to look over at me with concern, but I just waved him away and zoned out for a little bit.

He continued listening to the jackass for awhile before telling him, “Yes, of course we’d love to!” Pause. “Alright, see you then, buh-bye.” When he snapped his phone shut he looked up at me timidly.

“What did you do?” I asked him, he better not have agreed to meet up with the guy.

“Well,” he said drawing it out.

“Spit it out!” I snapped at him, and yes, I did wake up on the wrong side of the bed.

“Well, we’re meeting your father for lunch today” He spoke cautiously.

“Fuck me.” I groaned and let my head fall to the table.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry! I know, I know. It's been awhile. I apologize for that. But to make up for it I'm going to update again tonight, give me 2 comments and I'll do it! I'm updating my cowrites tonight too! I'm on a roll! My Brian Haner Jr. one is being updated as we speak check it out Picture Frames and I'll be updating my femmeslash cowrite Four chances momentarily. COMMENT! <3