Status: Enjoy.

I See You Afterwards

The Last Straw.

“I regret everything I did, everything that happened, everything was just a mistake. We are a mistake". Those few words spoken could break many hearts. All Ana needed was love and support, for she was hopeless. But no one gave her hope, not even the one she tangoed with. She felt like dying, like if she wasn’t enough anymore. Being rejected was her worst fear, but she never imagined someone doing that to her, specially the guy who promised her everything.

“What am I going to do with you? How will I know that I'm making the right decision? If I do this, please forgive me if I ever see you wherever I go after death. I am a girl, a little girl. I barely know how to take care of myself! This is the best I can do for you, for us, and for my future," the girl murmured, sobbing as she looked at her growing belly.

She felt the train stop, meaning she arrived. Walking up the stairs, her mind was filled with confusion, “It’s the best thing for us.” She said to herself.

Her heart beat as fast as it could, the girl was nervous. She was scared and alone. No one was there for her. She wanted to know if this was the right decision. She opened the door to the clinic and took her respective seat. She was told to wait twenty minutes for the doctor. “This is the right choice, this is the right choice, this is the right-", she was interrupted by her sobs. “I can’t believe I’m crying. I’m wasting my tears on someone who isn’t even alive. On something useless and without meaning, on a stupid mistake.”

Maybe it was the right choice, maybe it wasn't. How was she going to move on with a big bump and later a baby? How was she going to get to college? Will she ever get a job? Her hometown will know her as the girl with the dreams crushed and as the mother of a baby with no daddy. It was the right thing to do.

Her thoughts were interrupted by someone calling her name. “Miss Annabelle Stiegel, the doctor is waiting for you.” Said the nurse. A teenager at this clinic was something common for her. It’s always a “mistake” or either an “incident", thought the nurse.

Once inside, Ana was scared. She knew it was the right thing for her and her future, for she was barely a high school student.

She was asked if she was ready to follow the procedure and she nodded her head yes. Deep inside, she wasn’t ready. She just wanted this to come to an end. There she laid in a clinic bed, waiting for something that was going to change her life.

“Do this fast please, I just want this to end.” She said to the doctor. It all ended as fast as it started.

Annabelle stood up and she couldn’t believe what she had just done. This was the last straw. She fell down on her knees and started crying. “What have I done, what have I done!” screamed the girl. “I just killed a life, someone, someone who was in need.” “I am a murderer; I don’t want to live anymore. God, kill me now please, I don’t deserve to be here, alive!"

And so she ran to her home, crying her eyes out. She felt like her eyes were going to start bleeding for crying too much, but she couldn’t handle it. Arriving home, Annabelle threw her body to bed. She wanted to die. She had no reason to live and she felt guilty.

And there she made her last decision, death. Grabbing antibiotics from the box of medicine, she dunks in more than half the bottle. Collapsing to the floor she said her last few words. Words fill with guilt and regret.

“It wasn’t the right choice, it wasn't the right-“ Her heart froze and stopped the beating. Words couldn’t come out from her mouth anymore. She closed her eyes, she lost her pulse, and she stopped breathing.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was something I wrote when I was probably about 12 years old. I don't know where the idea of this short story came from, but I decided to alter it a bit.

If you think that this is offensive, I'm really sorry. I'm just keeping it here because it was my first serious writing, I guess. I don't think it's that good, but whatever.