Rain

1 - Nora

I see him, a dark figure in the distance. The closer he gets, the more my heart races. I grow eager to jump into his arms. Jump into his warmth, melting into him. Crush my lips into his. I start walking towards him, quickening my pace. As the space between us becomes less and less, I see now. It isn't him. It's someone I cannot see.

I can't map out the face, it seems familiar somehow. I feel an empty feeling in my stomach. I stop, but he doesn't. I know he's heading for me. I turn to run, but not before he grabs me. He pulls me into him, rough and forceful. I try to fight back, but now he's threatening. Everything's wrong. This wasn't supposed to happen. I was supposed to meet him. Not this. I try to scream, but no sound comes out. I struggle, not going down without a fight. But he pins me to the ground. I'm going to die, I'm going....to die. He's going to rape me. I- a sharp pain pierces through my chest.

I look down, tears in my eyes. A knife in my chest. Now I scream. I scream with all my might. I scream and scream. I kick and I scream. I hit him, wanting to hurt him. But not before he pushes me down. My vision is blurring, darkening. I try to search for any kind of light. The searing pain in my chest stops my struggle. I realize he's gone. Left me to die in the dark. I reach weakly for the knife, I need it out! My thoughts scatter, and fall back to him. I feel blood, hot and thick. I want to go home, I want to tell mom I'm sorry. I want to hug my dad goodbye, I want a second chance! This isn't fair, I need my family, I need my warm home. It's waiting for me. I need him. I need his kiss, his love, his touch. His security.
I need more time!

The pain is never ending. The screaming stopped. The movement stopped. The pain, oh, the pain! Is this heartbreak? No. This is death. My death. I'm slowly fading. I can't feel my fingertips. I feel cold. I feel the blood pumping out of my chest. Down my body, onto the pavement. Spilling, pooling. I'm gone.

I'm awake. Awake! I look around me, light shining as bright as the sun. I see another figure, but in light. I get up and run. I run and run. The light seems to go on forever. I stop, looking around me. There is nothing. No door, no exit. Tears swell up in my eyes. I blink, fat tears roll down my cheeks now. I see the figure, blurred and bright. I blink again, and squint. The figure moves toward me slowly. I look at the figure. A man. No, a younger person. I look around me again, looking for a weapon. He speaks. "I won't hurt you, don't worry." I look back at him. Truly seeing him, seeing his face. I take a step back, still guarding myself.

"Where am I?" I ask unknowingly. He looks me in the eye saying, "Guess." His voice is soft, careful. "I don't know. I wanna go home! Take me home!" He ruffles his dark hair with his hand carelessly. "I would if I could. Hell, I'd be home right now, if I wanted. But I can't, and neither can you." I stumble, and collapse to the ground. He looks down at me, and crouches in front of me. Too close. I flinch back at the sudden movement. Our gazes are locked on each other. Neither one of us breaks it, so I say, "What's your name?" He stands, reaches his hand out and says, “Rain.” I help myself up. “Rain?” He smirks, taking his hand back.
“Well what's your name then?”
“Nora.”
“Well Nora, welcome to wherever the hell we are.”
I look around at the brightness, “You don't know?!” He shakes his head, “Nope, tough luck, hey?” I look around, my vision fading. I collapse, feeling light and weak. I think I feel him catch me, but I'm gone again.
♠ ♠ ♠
My first shot writing. Criticism and suggestions are accepted and appreciated. (: Thank you for reading, if you have read this.

--Megan B.