Rain

2 - Rain

2 – Rain

She collapsed..what a weak girl. I'm glad I'm not alone anymore, though. She looks so fragile, I wonder why she's here. She's cute, and she's so small..I don't realize I'm cradling her until she moves her head a little. I brush her hair out of her face. It's soft..really soft. I don't want to be alone anymore. I want her with me here. I want her to help me figure out where here is.

What if I'm stuck here with her in this white nothingness? What are we going to do? I mean, she just got here, so I guess..we can tell each other our life stories. How we ended up here. I mean, I know how I got here. Death. I wonder if it's really the same for her. Who would even kill her? Some sick bastard. That's all I can muster up. She doesn't seem bad. From what I've gathered from her she's nothing more than a deer caught in the headlights. I hope she's calmed down next time she wakes up.

Before I know it, I've drifted off into a dream. I see my mom, and my little brother, Dylan. It's morning, and we're all in the kitchen. We're singing, and making breakfast. Just like always. Then there's a slam. I turn around and see him there. He's got a bottle of tequila, and a mad look in his eye. Mom goes back to what she's doing, ignoring him. I don't. I can't. Not anymore. I stride over to him, shouting. I push him. I hit him. I hit his face, and he's knocked down. No, he's not.

He looks up at me with those mad eyes, and he tackles me, my head hits the edge of the counter. I can hear mom scream. I see spots, but he just keeps coming back, pounding on me. Dylan's crying and I know now it's all my fault. I don't give up. I shove him with all my might. He slams into the fridge, and I get up and I run. I can hardly see straight, but I run. I run and run. Anger and shame fueling my body, filling it with more rage and emotion than ever before. I do stop eventually.

From loss of blood. I'm in a...forest? How far did I run? I collapse beneath a tree and touch the back of my head. Warmth, liquid. I bring my hand into my lap. I try looking around, but everything's blurry, I see spots...then nothing. Then I'm here. I'm here in this unknown place. So bright...

I awake with a jolt of fear and pain in my heart. Just a dream. Good. It was the first time I'd slept since I got here. Where is this place anyway? Frustration and fear overcome me, and I stand up hurriedly, forgetting about the girl. She's laying on the ground now. Should I...hold her again? I feel my ears grow hot. I prop her up on my side, and she's still unconscious.

Not for long though. She's nestling her head against me. My heart thuds within my chest, fast and ongoing. I can tell she's almost awake. My impatience is too much. “Hey, hey!” I say, nudging her. “Mhn..” She mumbles quietly. Her eyes flutter open. Now it's time to talk. No more avoiding this. She's wide awake, and we seem to have all the time in the world. Time to talk, Nora.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter two! I hope you guys like it. I wasn't trying to rush it, I just have lots of time. :D So please enjoy if you do read this! For the record, I will be doing perspectives from both characters, and in such order as is. Again, thank you! --Megan B.