Status: Slowly updated. School's getting in the way. My apologies! D:

Lavender Sweater and a Volkswagen Jetta

Slipped Away

“Happy birthday, princess!”

Kylie grinned as Jared handed her a small box perfectly wrapped in a red wrapping paper with a white ribbon. She undid the ribbon and lifted the top and gawked. She lifted the object that was in the box; the silver necklace shined under the sunlight. Kylie jumped up to give her uncle a hug and thanked him.

Brie took a picture of it and giggled. “She is so cute,” she whispered to me.

I smiled as Pat gave Kylie his gift. She unwrapped it and hugged the bear once the wrapping paper was off. Pat knelt down to her height and she gave him a kiss on the cheek and smiled. Kylie always loved getting gifts on her birthday. I mean, who wouldn’t, right?

A few weeks ago, I finally had the nerve to tell my daughter that Garrett is her father. At first, she laughed it off, saying she doesn’t believe me. But when I called in Garrett to explain everything to her, she finally understood and was very happy that she has a dad.

It was eerie for me the first time Kylie was calling Garrett ‘daddy’ but as the days went on, I finally got used to it.

“Mommy, where’s daddy?” She asked with glassy eyes. I knew Kylie had been waiting for Garrett to come ever since her party started. To be honest, I didn’t know where Garrett was. I sent him a text asking where he was and if he’s coming to Kylie’s birthday party. He replied saying that he’ll be running late.

“Alright, where’s my little girl?”

Kylie’s head whipped around, seeing her father standing with a grin on his face on the patio. She squealed and ran to him with open arms. Garrett caught her and stepped out to us with her in his arms. I chuckled once I saw Kylie poke Garrett’s nose and he pouted while she laughed.

“Hey,” I greeted him and kissed him.

“Hi,” he said softly with a smile.

“You know, Kylie kept on asking me if you were going to come. I believe she was about to cry earlier when she asked me where you are until you came,”

“Really?” He turned his attention to her. “Were you about to cry, princess?”

Kylie nodded and frowned. “Oh Kylie, why wouldn’t I be there on your birthday?” he asked her.

She shrugged and mumbled, “I just thought you weren’t going to come,”

“You’re my little girl, why wouldn’t I be there for you?” Garrett kissed her forehead and whispered to her, “I love you so much Kylie, remember that.”

I just stood there beside them with arms crossed as the corners of my lips began to curl into a small smile. Kylie wrapped her arms around his neck and said, “I love you too, daddy.”

Image

“Mommy, can I go and play outside?”

“Sure sweetie. Just don’t go on the road, okay?”

Kylie nodded and ran off outside. Jess laughed and turned to me. “You and Garrett made a cute kid,”

“Oh shut up, Jess.” I playfully rolled my eyes.

Jess unexpectedly visited me today and since the guys were practicing for their upcoming tour, I was alone with Kylie. Brie went on vacation at Italy while Jules went with Kennedy to band practice. It was a good thing that Jess came to keep me company.

I handed her a cup of coffee and sat down across the table from her. We started talking about how our lives have been and all that until my eyes trailed off to the window. I frowned and got up from my seat to get a closer look.

My eyes widened once I saw the scene. “Oh my god,” I whispered.

“What’s wrong, Elle?” Jess asked worriedly.

I took off outside without answering her and ran to the road. Kylie was lying on the middle of the road, unconscious with blood trickling down from her forehead. The teenage boy who was driving the car just stood there in horror. “K-Kylie?” I said under my breath. My mouth started to quiver and I picked her up in my arms.

“Elle, what’s—oh god.” Jess stopped short. She pulled out her phone and immediately called an ambulance. The boy, who was still standing there, doing absolutely nothing, just kept on saying ‘I’m sorry.’ I didn’t care about him; all I could care about now was how my daughter is slowly slipping away from me in my arms.

Soon enough, the ambulance came and snatched my daughter away from me and put her on a stretcher and in the ambulance. One of the paramedics asked me if I was a relative of Kylie and I told him I was her mother and urged me to get in also. Jess told me that she’ll be right behind us in her car.

On the way to the hospital, all I could do was stare at Kylie’s lifeless body and hold her hand, praying that when we get to the hospital, she would still be alive. My whole world was starting to fall apart by the second. It was all perfect, but now this has happened, I don’t know what I’d do without my daughter.

“I love you so much, Kylie,” I whispered to her, not knowing whether she hears me or not.

We immediately piled out the ambulance and the paramedics rushed her to the ER. Halfway through there, a nurse stopped me and told me that I’m only allowed until there. I fully understood why and didn’t think about fighting with her, so I just nodded and sat on one of the plastic chairs there.

Jess sat down by my side and I cried on her shoulder as she hugged me. She told me she called the guys while she was on her way here and that they’ll be here any minute. Fifteen minutes passed by when they finally came down to the hospital.

I stood up and crashed into Jared’s arms and cried again. He held me and told me everything will be alright. Jess talked to Kennedy, Jules, Garrett, Pat, and John while they left me and my brother alone.

It seemed like it took forever when the doctor finally went out the room. Jared was still holding me in his arms when the doctor asked for me. Garrett got up from his seat and wrapped his arm around my waist as we approached the doctor.

“I’m sorry,” the doctor said sympathetically. He bowed his head down and left us.

Tears silently escaped from my eyes and Garrett wrapped his arms around me tightly. He kissed my forehead as I hugged him back, crying harder in his chest.

Our daughter was gone. My little girl was gone. My Kylie was gone. She has been taken away from me so soon. And I didn’t know what to do now that she’s not in my sight anymore.
♠ ♠ ♠
Slipped Away - Avril Lavigne

Oh god, I feel so bad for killing Kylie on this chapter. DD: Don't hate me pl0x! ;____;
Well anyway, here's an update for you guise. Really, I'm sorry for doing this. ;---;

-C