Untitled

Bonnie and Clyde / Spencer Reid one shot

“Come on, Anna! Wake up!” I pulled the quilt off my sister, but she didn’t respond. “Anna! I don’t have time!” I moaned. She was two years older than me, but sometimes could act like a five year old child. Seriously. Like that day. She came home from party about six am and hid car keys somewhere in her messy room- we shared a car and she knew perfectly well that I’d have to be at University at nine am sharp. “Why do you always do this to me?!” I took away her pillow. Still nothing. I looked around looking for some object I could use to wake her up, but instead decided to open the window and let some sun in. I was hoping that if it hit her eyes, she’d wake up, but that morning it seemed, like everything was against me.

“Derek!” I yelled when I heard someone in the kitchen. I rushed out of her room, slamming the door so loud that a deaf man would hear it and you know what? It seemed she didn’t fit that category as well. “Derek, please tell me that you can give me your car?” I said standing next to the fridge and looked at my cousin.

“What happened to yours?” he asked taking out orange juice and pouring it to the glass.

“My lovely sister’s asleep. She came back from a party early in the morning and hid or rather just placed the keys somewhere in her mess. I honesty have no idea how she even managed to drive back home.” I answered. He laughed and took a sip of his drink.

“In the matter of fact I can give you a ride. I’m free at the moment.” He suggested and I doubt he’s ever seen me being so relieved as he did that moment. I could see it in his eyes. “I’ll be ready in five.” He left the glass in the sink and went to change his clothes.

Sometimes I really did feel as though I was living in the Adam’s family, but he usually made me believe that it could’ve been worse. Derek was older than me. About eleven years, I never know honestly, I always forget it. He’s so good looking- I shouldn’t look at him that way now, should i? and he’s fit. It can make you make a mistake when it comes to his age. He’s an FBI agent, working in the BAU- Behavioral Analysis Unit. I have to say that I do admire him for what he’s doing. Saving people’s lives, locking bad guys in prison. That is impressive. He’s team is like a family. Not only for him, but for me and my sister as well. Our parents were divorced, mother died when I was ten. I lived with my Dad for a while until he decided to move to a recluse cabin in Arizona, Derek, I and Anna live together ever since. It’s not that bad as I thought it would be in the first place, but Anna… sometimes she could be a real pain in the ass. Anna was twenty two. Not only was he older, oh no. she was also taller, and way better good looking- at least it was my opinion. She could have any guy she wanted, but usually chose the ‘asshole’ type of man, who cheated on her or when she brought them home Derek simply kicked them out. He always said that he never wanted to see us hurt and that he’d protect us no matter what. As for me.. I was the short one, mixed race, slim with shoulder-length black hair and light brown eyes.

“Baby girl, I’m waiting!” I heard Derek’s voice from outside of the house. He always used those nicknames, when spiking to girls. It was just his thing.

“Coming!” I replied putting on my shoes in a rush. I had my jeans on and a black, jacket and decided to put some high heels on. It was my day off, but I was supposed to get a topic for my e-say and really didn’t want to get late for that. I knew, that there would be many other students, but figured that the sooner I get there, the sooner I leave. I made sure I locked the door behind me and headed to the car.

“So, is it a big day or something?” he asked as soon as I got by his side.

“And why do you thinks so?” I replied with a question fastening my seat belt.

“You’re nervous that’s the first thing. Beside, I can’t remember the last time I saw you wearing those.” He said looking at my feet.

“I wear them all the time!” I protested, but knew he was right. I didn’t.

“Come on kid, what’s this about?”

“I hate it when you profile me!” I said and made a grin as a kid, who didn’t get the toy it wanted, which only made him laugh. “I’ll get my essay subject today. It’s half of my grade and wanted to look professional, that’s all.” I said and just then realized how stupid it sounded.

“Good for you. I’m sure, whatever you get, you’ll do it just fine.” He comforted me.

“Remind me of that tomorrow.”

We were stuck in a traffic jam, but fortunately got there on time.

“I can wait for you, if you’d like. As far as I know we don’t have a case, so after you get your topic, we can head to BAU for a moment and the grab something to eat.” He offered.

“You’re the best Derek Morgan, did I ever tell you that?” I asked with a smile.

“Oh you know, baby. I’ve heard it once or twice. Now go!” he pushed me out of the car. I was rushing to get to my professor’s office and I have to say it was quite difficult with those shoes on. When I got there I noticed a group of other students waiting in line.

This may take while. Many ppl waiting.- I wrote a txt to Derek and didn’t have to wait long for him to reply.

I can get there take care of girls that stand on your way? – I smiled to myself. That was Derek. A cocky one bastard.

I think I can handle it myself. Gotta go!

“Jackie! Hey!” I said when I saw my friend coming out of the office. She smiled at me and walked towards. “What did you get?” I asked.

“I have to write about Korean war. Both good and bad aspects, make interviews, photos and gather as many information as possible. I also have to make a pool about how society feels about what happened back then, include points of view of citizens from every social class blah blah blah.” She replied.

“Oh my, that’s a tough one.” I said reading the piece of paper, she handed me.

“You’ll get worse. At the beginning he had the easiest one. So you’d better be prepared.” She warned. I wanted to tell something, but just then her boyfriend appeared.

“Hi Paige.” He said smiling at me and giving his girl a passionate kiss.

“Mark, it’s always good to see you.” I answered and felt a small pinch in the place, where my heart was.

“Gotta run, but I’ll talk to you later, ok?” she gave me a hug and a few seconds later, she was gone. I walked them to the elevator with my eyes and started to wonder, what it would be like, to have someone by my side. It would most definitely be comfortable and I’d feel secure- yeah, how can I not feel this way if I live with FBI agent, you may ask. The thing is I need a man and I’m aware of this fact. Unfortunately, the only person I could think of that way, was my cousin’s team mate- Spencer Reid. He was at the same time the most shy person I have ever met, but he was so cute when he went all red and didn’t know what to say I could… ok! Paige, get back to earth. Right what was I saying? Oh yes, that I could use someone by my side.

“Miss Gunn!” I heard professor calling me. I nervously looked around, took a few deep breaths and headed to him. hoping it won’t all be that bad.

***

“Is there any possibility, that prof Rothman knows, you’re with the FBI?!” I exclaimed as soon as got to the car, not even noticing he was on the phone.

“I’ll call you back sweetie. World war three’s started.” He said and hung up. Turned to face me and so we spent a few seconds in a complete silence. “And this question comes from..?”

“How come I got there so quick and didn’t even have to wait in line and the second and most important thing is that most people were choosing their subjects. In my case, he did this by himself and you know what I got? How does brutal and violent crimes affect our society- describe how to make a proper investigation, make interviews with police officers but also with some not so dangerous criminals etc. Do you have something to say about that?” he chuckled and I didn’t need the answer. I knew it. I just did.

“Ok, we need to head to the BAU, sorry kid, but we’ll have to cancel our breakfast, because I just found out that we have a case. The good point is that it’s local, so I don’t have to leave. You’ll go there with me, I’ll get the files, talk to the team and the I’ll give you a lift back home, alright?”

I nodded without a word. Another case. A local one, that meant that there was a dangerous psychopath running around the streets and we had no idea who he was.

***

“Ok girl, just sit here and wait. It won’t take long.” He said and placed me next to his desk.

“Hi Paige! What are you doing here?” Prentiss asked on her way to conference room.

“I’m new team pet.” I laughed.

“Oh, I thought you’re here about job offer.” She mumbled.

“Job offer?” that made me a little confused.

“JJ had to quit and since you’re studying to be a journalist, you could fit in her place.” Rossi interrupted.

“I had no idea that she left…” I whispered and when I lifted my head to ask them another question, they were already gone. I could see them taking their seats around the table, while Garcia was explaining them the case- that was something JJ used to do. My cell rang. I checked the ID. It was Anna.

“Sleeping beauty finally decided to honor us and wake up?” I asked in a sarcastic way.

“Why are you shouting?” she explained so quiet I could barely hear her.

“Hangover?” I asked and actually felt sorry for her.

“You can’t even imagine.”

“There’s a bottle of still water in my room, you can take it.” I offered and imagined her all messed up, with her hair, every in other direction and feeling sick all the time.

“Thanks sis.”

“Hey, did you know that JJ quit BAU?” I asked and could hear her opening the door to my room.

“Yes, she told me this about a week ago. She got this offer from pentagon and from what I know, she couldn’t say know. Strauss made her take that job.” She answered and took a sip of a drink.

“Oh, I see… do you know, that they’re looking for someone to replace her?” I started. This could actually be something great for me, not mentioning that I’d get to spend more time with Spencer.

“Yes I know. It’s normal that after someone quit, they’re looking for someone to join them, ever heard of that?” she laughed.

“And you think you’re so smart? How did you even get home?” I replied a little annoyed.

“This guy drove me home… Aaron? Or maybe was it Seth? Or… damn I can’t remember, all I know that he gave me back my car keys and he was so handsome.” She said a little confused. I just shook my head and wanted to tell her something, but I heard she hang up. That wasn’t anything unusual, she did this all the time.

“Please, somebody buy her a brain!” I said to myself.

“Well, um, actually this would be illegal. Besides, there’s no way you could do brain transplantation, this is…” I heard Spencer’s voice.

“It’s just a phrase, Spence.” I replied smiling at him, as he looked a little nervous- as usual.

“Oh, um, ok.” He was now admiring his shoes.

“Wait, why are you here with me and not there with them?” I asked looking at him and then at the conference room.

“My alarm clock broke down. I have no idea, how such a thing could happen, I didn’t mean to…” he started to explain himself. I could see he felt guilty.

“Hey, Spencer, it’s fine. Such things happen.” I wanted to comfort him.

“Well, not to me.”

I laughed quietly.

“Why are you laughing?” he asked and probably was wondering, if I was laughing at him.

“It’s just that you feel so bad about a thing that happened for the first time and you didn’t even mean to do this, while people do it all the time.” I explained.

“I’m not like other people.”

“I know…” I whispered to myself, but damn it, he must’ve heard it again.

“What did you say?”

“Do you know that Hummingbirds are the smaller birds In the world?” I asked. That was me. I usually like to blurt out some random fun fact I read somewhere and remembered.

“Yes, I know.” He said and it was almost like I offended him with that question. I wanted to say something more, but Derek appeared by my side.

“Reid? What are you doing here? We all thought you were sick.” He said picking up his jacket.

“My alarm broke down.” He explained and I could feel that everybody was pretty surprised.

“Ok.. that’s a new one. Come on now, girl I’ll take you home.” Derek said and was already next to the door, when Hotch stopped him.

“Let Reid do this. He’s already late and has no idea about the case. We’ll need you in the field Morgan.”

I could feel my heart beating so fast I could barely catch a breath.

“Well, if it’s alright with you?” Derek looked at me with I smile saying i-know-that-you’re-dying-to-go-with-him. he knew I had a crush on him. he knew all along, didn’t even need me to tell this.

“Sure, if you think that’s better.” I replied taking my stuff. “I’ll see you at home.” I said and gave Morgan a kiss on the cheek. “Bye, people.”

It must’ve been weird for him, to happen to be with me in the car, all alone. But I was truly enjoying that moment.

“Oh, A Walk to Remember.” I said looking at the poster in the middle of the city. “I didn’t know that it’s back in theatres.”

“Neither did i. would you.. would you like to go?” he asked and I had to analyze those words a few times. Was he asking me out?

“Excuse me?” I had to make sure.

“Not.. not.. not with me, just.. never mind.” He said. And the chance disappeared, but still, I decided to give an answer.

“I would love to go.” There were minutes of awkward silence. “Do you think you’ll catch him?” I asked. “The case’s local, so you understand I have my worries.”

“Local? Don’t worry, you’re safe Paige. I.. will never.. I mean, Derek will never let anything happen to you.” He replied. Wait, did he want to tell I will never let anything happen to you?- I thought.

“I’m sure he won’t” I replied still thinking about it.

“We’re here.” He said and managed to smile.

“Indeed. So, um, would you like to come in?” I asked and wasn’t even sure when did those words slip out of my throat. His face turned red immediately.

“No, um, I think, I’ll pass. I mean, I have to get back to work.”

“Sure, it’s ok. Anyway, thank you so much for the ride.”

“No problem.” He said and drove away as soon as I closed the door behind me.

***

One week passed and they still couldn’t catch him. they were stuck on their case, but so was I. on my two cases. One thing was that I couldn’t get through my essay. I started writing about how terrified all the people were when Ted Bundy escaped, but somehow I felt that this wasn’t it. That I should look for something else, while I actually didn’t have anything special in mind. Second and probably the worse thing was, that I couldn’t stop think about Reid. He was in my mind all the time. His face was the last time I saw in my mind before going to sleep and the first one I thought of after waking up. I felt as though I was becoming obsessive.

I decided to visit BAU to see how the things were going. I got to the elevator and dialed Derek’s number. Even though I was two minutes away from him I wanted to let him know, I was coming. He didn’t respond. I decided not to try again. Garcia would be In there for sure, so one way or another I’d have someone to talk to. I got out an headed to her office, just then I’ve heard my cousin’s voice.

“Come on Reid, she won’t bite you. After all she’s just a girl.” He said and I already knew, who he was talking to. I hid behind the wall and decided to listen to the rest.

“I..I know, it’s just that I’m.. um.. shy is probably the right word.”

“Look, kid. She’s my cousin and I want her to be happy. I’ve seen a few guys around her and I have to tell, you’re the best on that list.”

Few guys around her? I felt my heart breaking in two. He liked her. He liked my sister.

“Ok, I’ll do this. I’ll do this! i.. i.. I can’t do this!” he said and rushed out of the door. I was hoping he didn’t see me.

“Reid! Reid wait up, man!” Derek followed him and I used the moment to slip into Garcia’s office.

“Hey pretty flower, what’s wrong?” she asked as soon as she noticed me.

“I’m fine Penelope. How are you?” I tried to act as normally as possible.

“I see you’re not. Come on, tell me, what is it?” she gave me a chair and waited till I start talking.

“It’s about Reid.. you know that I like him..” I started speaking slowly and quietly. I felt like walls were listening to me.

“And..?” she wanted to encourage me.

“I hear him talking about this girl and I think that maybe..” I started, but my cell rang. “Prefect timing.” I said and picked it up.

“Baby girl where are you?” Derek asked me and he was pretty nervous.

“I’m with Penelope, why? What is wrong?” I replied with a question.

“I need you in the conference room. Do this now.” He said as though it was an order and hung up, not waiting for my answer.

“I think I have to go. I may be in trouble. I can’t remember when was the last time he was so nervous.” I said and left, before she even noticed.

I got to the conference room which was almost empty. The only person inside was Spencer.

“Hey, Spence, have you seen Derek? I believe he wanted to talk to me.” I said and sat down in front of him. he stood up and closed the door behind me. This was weird.

“Actually, I am the one, who will talk with you, Paige. I have a few questions, if you don’t mind.” He said.

“Wait, like.. you’re making and interview?” I didn’t know what was going on.

“When was the last time you spoke with Anna?” he asked and to my surprise he was really serious. Wait, was he actually asking me about my sister?

“This morning.” I replied.

“How was she acting?”

“Normally. Spencer what the hell is going on?!” I’m not usually the easily gets angry type of person, but this time I really needed to know, what was wrong.

“We.. um.. we found her DNA on the crime scene.” He said quietly.

“But she’s safe, I talked to her this morning! She’s alright!” I protested.

“She is, but.. we think that she may be.. I mean, we don’t want to believe it, but the evidence..”

Now I understood. He thought my sister was a serial killer.

“What a stupid idea! She couldn’t! someone must be farming her!” I stood up and hit the table with my fists. She couldn’t do it.

“I know, Paige, calm down. Morgan went to pick her up and we’re going to talk to her.” He said and stood up as well. I couldn’t believe he was so calm. After all, he liked her and now she was a suspect? That didn’t make any sense.

“I’m going to prove, she’s innocent!” I said and rushed to the door.

“We’re not saying she is! Wait, Paige I’ll help you!” he said and followed me and just then something inside of me broke down.

“Sure, she’s your future girl to be, she can’t be guilty.” I didn’t even know why I said that.

“Wait.. what… what did you say?” he stopped. So did i.

“I heard you talking to Derek, that you liked her?” I replied and turned around, so he couldn’t see my hurt face.

“I wasn’t talking about…” he started, but I interrupted.

“Save it, Spencer. I heard it with my own ears, now if you excuse me, I have something to do.” I said and started walking away again.

“I was talking about you!” he said and those words made me stop. I slowly turned round.

“Excuse me?” my voice was shaking. Did he actually say it? He started walking towards me.

“I know.. this may not be… the right time..” he started to explain and his face turned red. “but I was.. I was talking about you.. because.. i..i like you Paige.” He finally said it.

I smiled and for a second forgot about this chaos, caused with Anna’s DNA in the crime scene.

“Iwouldliketogooutwithyouifyou’dlike!” he said it so fast I barely understood the words.

“I would love to.” I replied. He didn’t know what to do. I could see him looking in may different directions, so I decided to help him a little bit and kissed him softly. He must’ve been shocked, because I doubt anyone would expect it to be this way. It was a little awkward at the beginning, but after a second I could feel his arms around my waist. I couldn’t’ believe, that someone who claimed that he never had a girlfriend, was actually so good in kissing.

“But first we have to help my sister.” I said when we pulled away from each other to catch a breath.

“I agree.” He said after clearing his throat.

“We’ll be like Bonnie and Clyde.” I said and smiled at him.

“Actually, Paige, they were criminals, we’re on the good side.” He corrected me and wanted to say something more but I just kissed him again.

“I think, I’ve found a way to make you stop talking about statistics and facts.” I said and for the first time that moment I saw him smiling.

“If you want to shut me up like this all the time, I agree.”

“I doubt we would ever pull away from each other if I did.” I laughed and stepped back to take his hand. We were walking to the room where my sister was held. We knew, we had a tough thing to do, but at least, we had each other.