Status: Fin.

Inferno

Parents?

When I got home from school that day it was a bit of a shock to see both my parents sitting on the couch watching the news. Its rare that we see them, even more rare that they're in the same room, and extremely rare that they just sit and watch TV. I say hello to them both and Mum mentions my formal at the end of the year, asks who I might be going with and if I've found a dress yet, if not would I like it if she went with me.

I smile, so happy at the thought that my mother is taking interest in me, I nod and tell her to give me a time and date and we can go. I skip up the steps and look at the time on the clock on my wall. Its 5:14, Dante starts work in 16 minutes. Quickly I pull all of my clothing off and dress in my work clothes. I pull on a jacket and pick up my helmet and shout a goodbye to my parents before dashing out the door, jumping on my bike and zipping up the street.

I park my bike in the car park then make a mad dash down through the shopping centre to the food court. Dante is standing in his work uniform looking anxiously at the time on his phone, I look at the time on mine and realise its only 5:19. With a smile I half walk, half run up to him and wrap my arms around him. I feel him jump a little in shock before wrapping his arms around me. We walk hand in hand down the shopping centre to a little alcove that he knows and he immediately pushes me up against the wall.

My eyes open a little in shock at this sudden domination, he covers my mouth with his and I melt, draping my arms around his neck and running my fingers through his hair. He pulls me closer to him and I push mine against him, wishing there was a way we could be closer. We break apart out of breath and look at the time, 5:28. He has to go.

Dante takes my hand in his and we walk together to his work, a music store in the lower level of the complex. I smile when I realise that my work is only around the corner from his and kiss him once more before leaving and walking to where I work.

"You're half an hour early Iseult," my boss smiles at me when I unlock the back door and place my helmet away with my bag.

"Yeah I had to meet someone before I started, you don't mind do you?" I ask and he shakes his head and brings me into a hug.

"We got new stock in so you can go through that and put the prices on it if you want, I'll pay you for the extra time you're here," he grins showing me the boxes before returning to sitting behind the counter.

I work in an alternative clothing store, I used to come in here so often to buy my own clothes that my boss offered me a job. I get to wear whatever I want to work as long as its something that came from the shop and I get a discount on all the clothes I buy. The pay is amazingly good, but it has to be seeing I spend so much on the shop.

As I go through the clothes I feel a tugging feeling towards where I know Dante is working.
♠ ♠ ♠
Special thanks to ThatOtherWeirdPoet for the comment, means a lot :)