Status: Fin.

Inferno

Surprises

After making love that night, the couple were inseparable, Dante was completely smitten, Iseult was euphoric, a side of her that her family hadn't seen in years suddenly comes back to light, they see her happy, carefree and at peace, doting on everyone but saving the majority of her affection to pour onto Dante. Unbeknownst to anyone Dante drove into town one afternoon, 2 days before Christmas and bought a ring, not an engagement ring, but a promise ring, which would symbolise that as soon as it was legal he would make the fiery red head his wife. It would symbolise the life he wants to share with her, the bundle of children, the house, puppies, everything, he wanted to grow old with her, know that every morning he would wake up and see her lying there, the picture of innocence. First however he wanted to graduate high school and get a job that would support all of them, so that Iseult wouldn't have to work a day of her life, that she could do whatever she wanted to. The entire time that the boy was planning this, not once did he even remember the fact that Iseult has enough money promised to her that she never will need to work a day of her life.

Iseult was beside herself, Dante was so secretive, on Christmas Eve he snuck off into the library with a bundle of things in his hands and locked all the doors behind him. No one knew where he had snuck off to the previous afternoon and now suddenly this. Curiosity was killing her. Waking up on Christmas morning she rolled over and snuggled into Dante's form, content with just lying there she listened to his heart beat as he instinctively hugged her in his sleep.

When Dante finally sits up in bed Iseult rests her head on his chest. Dante reaches beneath his pillow and hands her a card and a little box. Iseult looks at him puzzled and opens the card, tears falling as she reads it. Next she opens the box and a hand flies to her mouth, she hands it to Dante and he places the ring on her right hand, saving the left ring finger for the day he buys her the engagement ring. They embrace as Iseult slowly stops crying then walk down to the rumpus room where the Christmas Tree had been set up to join Iseult's family.