Status: Having major writer's block. If you want to help out message me!!

Seize the Day

Chapter 4

Jimmy's POV
All eyes were on me as soon as I walked back into Zack's room. I gave a small smile before I sat down.
"What's going on?" Brian looked at me worried, Paige is his best friend, well best chick friend, but he didn't know that she likes him.
"Uh, actually I need to talk to you Brian." He furrowed his eyebrows before following me out Zack's door, leaving a very confused Matt and Zack.
"So what's going on?" Brian leaned against the wall once we got to the bottom of the stairs.
"Uh, I should probably tell you something." I rubbed the back of my neck as he crossed his arms over his chest. "Uh, Paige likes you Brian, you were the guy she talked about at the beach." His eyes widened and his arms dropped to his sides when he stood up straight.
"Dude, I think Paige is hot and all, hell we all see it, even you, and you're Mister Picky." I smirked and nodded before he continued. "But I just see her as a friend, my best friend." I glared at him. "My CHICK best friend." He had a crocked smile when he finished his sentence. I stopped glaring and smiled. He shook his head before speaking again. "So is that why she got up and left?"
I shook my head. "She uh… she got up because she thought about 'how cute he looked' and it scared her." I put quotes around "how cute he looked" because they were her words.
He smirked a little before looking up at the door leading to Zack's room. "She really should give him a chance." I nodded in agreement. He took his gaze off of the door and looked at me again. "Do you think we should go ahead and order the pizza while we're down here?" I laughed and nodded before we headed for the phone in the kitchen.

*****

We had ordered pizza about ten minutes ago and we were all back in Zack's room. Well, all of us except Paige. Zack kept looking at the door every 30 seconds, waiting for her to walk in. "Zack! Will you quit doing that! You’re gonna give yourself whiplash!" Zack looked at Matt with a guilty/sorry face before relaxing a little. But I saw him check the door out of the corner of his eye after he sat up against the headboard; Matt saw too and banged his head against the wall he was sitting up against. "Ow." Matt rubbed the back of his head while Brian laughed quietly to himself.
We all heard the door click open and watched Paige walk in. Her eyes were red from crying and rubbing them. She looked really sad, and guilt and fear was written all over her face. She hesitated before taking a step away from the door, but she stopped walking after that one step. I looked over at Matt out of the corner of my eye, he was glaring at her. I looked back over at Paige and mentally tried to get her attention. She looked over at me when I did this, it always works with us; we can't explain it, and I told her to go sit with Zack mentally and with my eyes. She swallowed before walking slowly over to the bed.
She climbed into Zack's lap and curled up into him. He wrapped his arms around her just before I saw a tear run down her face. Zack rubbed her back and looked at me, wanting me to tell him what happened. I mouthed "later" and he nodded before resting his face in her hair.
Brian pulled his phone out of his pocket and checked the time. "Hey, you wanna go get the pizza?" I nodded and we got up to leave.
"Wait." Matt went to get up but I stopped him. "No it's okay man. Brian and I can get it." I turned and walked out the door after having to push Brian through the doorway.

*****

Paige's POV
It was the day after the baseball game and we were all in Matt's van heading up to Lancaster to visit Jason Berry, the guys' friend and my cousin, and then we're headed to the little rock and roll museum the town has. We've done this every year since Jimmy, the oldest of us all, could drive.
"Hey guys, Dad just sent me a text, he said to expect traffic." Brian announced this from the front passenger seat. There were groans from Matt, in the driver seat, and from Zack and Jimmy, each of them on one side of me. "Way to go Matt." Brian reached over and hit him on the arm.
"Hey! It's not my damn fault!" Matt swung back and I shook my head before yawning.
"Tired?" I looked over at Zack and nodded, he smiled a little. I didn't get much sleep last night, I was too busy crying or thinking to sleep much, I got maybe two hours of sleep last night.
"I am too." Jimmy did an exaggerated stretch before practically laying on me. He had stayed the night with me, and stayed up as long as I did trying to help. I still don't know what to think of all this.
"You can take a nap, we're not gonna be there for like four hours." I blinked a couple of times, closing my eyes tight each time, before leaning on him. Zack wrapped his arm around me and made sure to avoid Jimmy's head. That's one thing I love about Zack, whenever something happens with us we can just act like it doesn't matter or that it didn't happen, even though we shouldn't with times like these.
I wrapped my arms around Zack's waist and closed my eyes before laying my head in the same spot I've always laid it, I'm surprised he doesn't have dents in the sides of his stomach from me laying on him like this so much.
He brushed some hair behind my ear before whispering to me. "Go to sleep Paige." I nodded and was out like that.

*****

It was probably about two hours later when I half way woke up. I was still asleep but I could hear what the guys were talking about, and I've always hated when I do this.
Brain: "Hey, Jason just told me that he's out by the museum so he's gonna just meet us there."
Matt: "What's he doing up there already?"
Brian: "Uh… Oh God."
Matt: "What?"
Brian: "He had to visit his cousin, Candice. Fuck, and she's coming."
Matt: "What?!"
Brian: "Mrs. Berry's making him bring her. She probably pouted her way into it."
Matt: "God. She just needs to stay the hell away from Zack; she's always fucking hanging all over him."
Brian: "…"
Matt: "What are you-"
Brain: "Read this."
Matt: "Why don't you just-"
Brian: "One of them might be awake, or half awake." I've told the guys about how I'm half awake sometimes. They didn't believe me so I told them about their conversation about how Matt convinced his parents Zack was spending the night when it was really Val the first time he snuck her over.
I fell back asleep before I could hear what it was Brian had wrote for Matt to read.

*****

"Paige, wake up, we're almost there." Zack rubbed my arm as I tried to move. I looked over and saw Jimmy still sleeping on me.
"You couldn't wake him up first?" I closed my eyes and tried going back to sleep.
"I did, he's just faking it."
"Am not." I shook my head before looking at Jimmy again. He looked up at me and smiled. "You're really comfy you know that?"
"You tell me that after every nap you take laying on me." He smiled before resting his head on my waist again. I shook my head before resting it on Zack's stomach again. "Can I go back to sleep?"
I felt Zack laugh. "No, come on, we're almost there." I groaned before rubbing my eyes.
"Well I'm not movin'." Jimmy tightened his grip around my waist. I shook my head again before looking up at Zack. His hair was matted up from his head laying against the window. I smiled and he looked at me funny. I reached up and ruffled his hair until it was back to normal. He gave me an "Haha, oh." smile before messing with his hair.
"We're here!!!" Brian yelled before jumping out of the van, Matt got out after him. Jimmy groaned before getting out of the car; Zack and I got out last.
"Hey Jay." I walked up to my cousin and gave him a hug.
"Somebody's been sleepin'." He rubbed the top of my head, messing up my hair even more.
"Yeah, gotta look good for you." I fluffed my hair and made a snooty face.
"Of course!" We both laughed, then I noticed Candice was already trying to chat up Zack. I rolled my eyes as I walked over to the museum. I leaned against the building while all the guys talked to Jason, Brian saw me by myself and came and stood next to me.
"Hey." I gave a fake smile. "Hey back." He smirked before leaning against the building. "Can- umm… I was not expecting that…" I looked at Brian confused and he nodded to where I should look. I turned around and saw that Candice and Zack were sucking face, I felt like I was going to barf.
"Gross." He laughed a little. "Yeah, yeah just a bit." I turned my head and raised an eyebrow at him. "Okay, a lot a bit." I smirked and rested my head against the building. Brian grabbed my hand out of my pocket. "Are you okay with it?"
I watched him trace circles on my hand before looking in their direction again. I quickly looked back down and shrugged. He laced his fingers with mine and moved closer to me. "Do you like him Pay?" Brian called me Pay on rare occasions, usually when something's wrong.
I shrugged again. "I don't know." He gave my hand a squeeze before turning towards me. I looked up at him and he gave me one of his side smiles. I turned in my spot and returned his smile. He watched his thumb rubbed my hand before looking up at me. "You want me to help you figure it out?" I looked at him confused before realizing what he meant. I put my back against the building again while I thought. I started to rubbed my thumb against his hand while I thought, then I nodded.
He walked in front of me and gave me a smirk, not a conceded smirk, but an "Okay" smirk. I squinted from the sun while he stepped closer to me. "You sure Pay?" He let go of my hand and rubbed my arm. I nodded again, he returned it. He hesitated before leaning in and kissing me.
He moved his hand from my arm and placed it against the building behind me before he placed his other hand on my waist. I grabbed the end of his shirt in both hands and tilted my head back so he didn't have to lean over as much. He pulled away and hesitated before kissing me again.
I liked kissing Brian, it didn't feel weird, it felt good. But it doesn't feel like when Zack kisses me. When Zack kisses me it feels, different, I can't explain it.
Brian pulled away again and kissed me just before Matt yelled. "Dude! What the hell are you doing?!" Brian was ripped off of me by the shoulders.
"What the hell is your problem?!" Brian shoved Matt's shoulders.
"Have you not been paying attention the past two days?!"
"Have you not seen what the hell is going on over there?!" Brian pointed over towards Zack and Candice and Matt looked at him confused, and pissed, before turning around. He quickly turned back around and had an "I didn't know" face.
"I didn't-"
Brian shook his head. "It's okay man." Matt scrunched up his mouth and nodded before looking at me. I shrugged and walked into the museum.
♠ ♠ ♠
Updated two stories in one day!! Like I said on Thick and Thin, I'm cooking up a new story. A7X WILL be in it, they won't be the characters that the story revolves around, but Jimmy WILL be in it!! I hope you guys do read it once its up and running!!
Welp! Much Love!!!