Status: Active :)

Can't Be Without You

There Goes Our Truce

Today was going by ridiculously slow. It's Wednesday. Aren't Mondays supposed to be slow? I'm currently headed to English, one of the few classes I have with Jasper. I walked into the class and took my seat next to him in the back.
"I hear we're getting a huge project," he said once i sat down. I rolled my eyes. Great. That's just what I needed. Alex strolled in a minute before the bell was set to ring. He was joking around with some jock. The bell rang and Ms. McCormick called the class to order.
"Alright guys," she said, "For the rest of the year, you will be working on a project. It's an outside project, so it won't interfere with our daily lessons. This is an About Me project. You're going to get with a partner and give me weekly essays about them, depending on what the assignment entails." Jasper and I exchanged a glance and smiled. This was going to be the easiest A ever.
"However," Uh-oh... "Since this project is about you getting to know your partner, I thought it best to choose your partners for you." Dammit. I frowned. I don't like telling people about myself. This assignment was officially stupid. Ms. McCormick is a new teacher to Dulaney. She looks about 23. I guess that explains this ridiculously stupid assignment. What's the point in this?
"The point," McCormick said, reading my mind, "As I'm sure you're all wondering, is to better your writing skills and to get you out of your comfort zone." Yup. All stupid. She does realize we're high school students right? She put all our names into a basket. She started pulling names out, two at a time.
"Jasper Richards is partnered with Maia Faun." My frown deepened. I had a feeling I was about to like this project even less. I tuned McCormick out until I heard my name.
"Rikki Saylor, your partner is Alex Gaskarth." Alex's chair banged down on the ground. He whirled around to look at me.
"WHAT?!" we both exclaimed.
"Ms. McCormick," I started, "With all due respect, there's no way I'm working with him!"
"Likewise, "Alex glared, "Just fail me now. I"m not telling her shit!"
"Language Alexander," Ms. McCormick warned, "Class, this is exactly why we're doing this. You never know, you just might make a new friend." She had the nerve to smile as she said that. This woman is insane. I"m gonna send the principal a request to transfer her to an elementary school. She obviously has no idea how to handle teenagers.
She passed out a paper that held our first questionnaire. Just simple conversation starters. We were supposed to find out basic aspects of our partners and write an essay on what we learned.
"This is bullshit," I mumbled. I don't want to 'get to know' Alex. I already know enough about that asshole.

"I can't believe this," fumed. Jasper looked up briefly as I joined him at the lunch table. He rolled his eyes. We had just gotten out of English. Maia was sitting with us. The overachievers wanted to get a head-start on our project.
"He's not... that bad," Maia said quietly.
"You'll get over it," Jasper added, "You can't afford to flunk out of English." I shook my head and glared at the salad I had bought. It was the only appetizing thing on the line.I stabbed at the lettuce leaves. Minutes later, I felt someone come up beside me. I glanced up and saw Alex and hiscrew.
"May I help you?" I growled. Alex's glare hardened.
"Guys..." Rian warned.
"I am being civil," I said, remembering our truce.
"So... um... Alex thought---"
"No, I didn't," Alex muttered, interrupting Jack. Jack rolled his eyes, "We thought it'd be best to eat lunch together. Since you have that project with Lex and since Zack's in our band."
"That sounds great!" Jasper said before I could even think about refusing their offer. I looked down at my salad. Fabulous. Alex sat next to Jasper, and across from me. Jack and Rian filled the space next to me.
"Well," Maia said, clearing her throat, "Jasper and I just filled out the questions. That's a good place to start." I pushed my salad away. I was no longer hungry. Plus the lettuce leaves looked even more wilted than before. dug the paper out of my bag. Alex did the same.
"What's your full name?" I asked, not looking at him.
"Alexander William Gaskarth. You?" he mumbled.
"Rikki Blaise Saylor."
"Seriously?" he laughed, "Were you supposed to be a boy or something?" I glared at him. I was going to kill him. I just need to pick up my fork and jab it into his goddamn eye. Fucking asshole. Who does he think he is?
"What was your mom thinking?" he laughed. That hit me hard. I shoved the paper back into my bag. I stood up and leaned over the table menacingly.
"My mom's dead, you fucker." Alex's eyes went wide. I picked up my stuff and stormed off.
"There goes our truce," I heard Jasper say before I was out of earshot.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 3! We've got 11 subscribers now :)
Thanks for the comments!
MissPunkRawk
MyChem903
BelieveMeImLying0234


What are your thoughts so far? What do you think is gonna happen with the band and this project?

Chloe~

PS. Two more days till I see All Time Low!!!! They'll actually be here in Cincinnati tomorrow for a show, but that one sold out before I could buy a ticket :/ So I'm going to the one in Columbus :D