Status: Active :)

Can't Be Without You

Right Now, She Doesn't Need To Know

{Alex PoV}

I really don't like Saylor's new boyfriend. The prick just has 'tool' written all over him. They've been dating for three weeks now. Not that I'm keeping track or anything. It's kind of hard not to when she brings him everywhere. He has no business being at our practices.
"Why is he here?" I mumbled to Jack.
"He's not that bad," Jack chuckled, "Why do you hate him so much?"
"I don't know," I admitted, "He just makes my blood boil." Saylor was currently sitting on Aiden's the Prick's lap chatting away to Zack. I glared at the Prick hoping he'd burst into flames or something. No such luck. He caught me staring though. He smirked and kissed Saylor. Pig. I shook my head at them and looked away.
"Well, we're out of here," Saylor said suddenly.
"Where are you going?" Jasper and I asked.
"Aiden's taking me out on a date," she smiled.
"We've got a project to work on," I said.
"It can wait," she said, 'We've got a while for this one. Besides, I'm pretty sure the only traumatic experience you've had is a broken straightener." I glared at her, "Don't make assumptions, Saylor. You don't know shit about my life."
"As if I want to know anything about you. What's the worse that could've happened to you?"
"Why would I tell you now? Run along on your stupid date." I crossed my arms over my chest. Yes, I was being a little childish, but if she was going to be a bitch, I can be an ass right back. She rolled her eyes at me and dragged the Prick away.
"You're gonna have to tell her about Daniel sooner or later," Jack said, "And I don't mean because it's an assignment."
"Saylor and I are on a need to know basis, Jack. Right now, she doesn't need to know!" Daniel was a tough subject for me. I don't talk about it with my parents or Jack. Why would I just go and tell her? If she wants to play ball, I'll play. She won't get me out that easily.

*~*~*~*~*

"Please get with a partner and conduct the experiment," Mr. Craft instructed. I jumped up and made a beeline for Rikki.
"Partners?" I asked her. She narrowed her eyes at me. She looked over at Austin Tides. He was waiting patiently for her to turn me down, like she usually would.
"I'll do all the work. You won't have to do a thing," I said finally. She quirked an eyebrow at me.
"Deal," she nodded, "Sorry Oz. Beatrice looks like she's available." Austin frowned and stalked off. I smiled triumphantly and grabbed our equipment.
"So what do you want, Gaskarth?" she asked when I returned.
'Why do you assume I want something?"
"Don't you always," she laughed, "Besides, that creepy smile on your face tells all. What's up?" I glanced over the instructions for the experiment. We weren't doing anything major. Just mixing a few chemicals and recording our results. This wouldn't take me long at all.
"What are you doing tonight?" I asked without looking at her.
"Seeing as it's Friday... I'll most likely be hanging with Aiden." I fought the urge to roll my eyes. Doesn't she see him enough?
"Wanna hang with me instead?"
"Not really. No." I looked up to see her smiling at me. Jerk. She did not just turn me down. It's not everyday Alex Gaskarth asks you out. I don't even know why I just asked her out, but that's not the point. She should accept the offer while I"m putting out. I frowned and shook my head. I finished up the experiment and recorded the results.
"You did not just turn me down," I mumbled.
"I think I did," she giggled.
"What? Don't think I can show you a good time?"
"Your definition of a good time and mine are two totally different things. Why are you asking me out anyway?" I'm still trying to figure that out.
"I figured I'd tell you my traumatic experience you've been dying to know," I shrugged.
"Tell me now." I can't believe how calm she just said that. I shook my head, "I'd prefer not to embarrass myself in front of a massive amount of people."
"So this is about a broken straightener," she smirked. I rolled my eyes at her, "Whatever. I'm gonna go ask out a cheerleader." I stood up and went to turn in our results. On the way back to my seat, I stopped by Lisa Ruocco. Co-captain of the cheerleading squad.
"Hey baby," I smiled at her. She looked up and blushed slightly, "Hi Alex."
"Are you busy tonight, doll?" She shook her head, smiling slightly.
"Perfect. How bout we catch a movie tonight?"
"I'd love to," she smiled. Now this, ladies and gentlemen, is how a normal person responds to me. Saylor has obviously lost her marbles if she's turning me down.
"Great. I'll pick you up at 7." I made my way back to Saylor, who was frowning b the way.
"I thought you were joking," she mumbled.
"Why would I be?" I smiled, "You turned me down, remember? I had to salvage my Friday night somehow." She looked down, still frowning. You'd think she was jealous or something.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy Dirty Work Day!!!! YAY! I figured since the amazing album released today I'd give you guys a treat :) NEW CHAPTERS!!!! One for this story, and I wrote up a quick one for Round In Circles that will be up soon.

For those that have DW, what's your favorite song? I like Guts and Heroes. :) But the whole album is just amazing. All Time Low never ceases to amaze me.

Felicia_Selina
callmeadreamer
bisbisqwert - You, combined with the release of Dirty Work, made this update happen, haha :)