Status: active

It's Been a While

Lyrics

Brian has been sat with James and the rest of the band for the last half an hour working on his rift. His focus would slyly shift to Arya who was sat on the sofa at the back of the studio, head down writing on a note pad she had retrieved from her bag. He noticed that she would chew her lip while she wrote and occasionally close her eyes then open them and write furiously on the note pad. After 10 more minutes of this she put the note pad away and walked over to Jeffery, he nodded and got up walking over to the group 'hey Arya has to get off.' The band got up while Brian remained seated and thanked her for her help, she smiled and wished them look before exiting the studio without looking back
She quickly walked to her car while her hand rummaged in her bag trying to find her car keys. She could hear children laughing and stopped looking around for the source. A little girl and boy were across the street chasing each other while she assumed their mother followed behind with a pram. Her keys were forgotten as she watched them play, they were so carefree and innocent, and she longed to know that feeling. She was brought back to reality when something suddenly touched her shoulder. She whirled around, taking a step back she was met with the brown eyes of Brian. Her heart was racing and she couldn’t seem to get her breathing back to normal. 'I’m sorry for scaring you I was just wondering if you were ok, I saw you just standing there' She closed her eyes to his question and nodded her head in reply. She needed to get away, back to the safety of the beach house where she was alone. She turned and walked to her car, grabbing her keys from her bag. Brian followed 'are you sure you're ok' she didn’t turn to face him just again nodded in reply. She opened the car door and was about to get in when he spoke 'what were you writing about?' Her breath hitched in her throat and she slowly turned to face him. His faced was tanned and light freckles were splashed on his face, his warm brown eyes never strayed away from hers as he waited for her to answer.
'Lyrics' he barely heard her answer. She was so different from what he had heard about her. She was described as a confident hell cat that was sexy and smart, something he had seen in her performances on stage, yet the Arya in front of him was shy and very demure.
She got in her car and drove off, leaving him staring after her as her car disappeared from his view.
She got back to the beach house and walked over to the grand piano in front of the French window opening up to the beach. She took the note pad out of her bag and placed it in front of her on the piano, open to the latest page. She sat for 5 minutes just staring at the couple of lyrics she had come up with, no notes had been played, no lyrics had been sung, and she just stared forward at the words. Giving up she stood and walked over to the French windows, as she opened them a breeze blew on her face. She closed her eyes to it just enjoying the feel and the sounds that had encompassed her.
♠ ♠ ♠
So sorry that i havent updated in a while but surprise surprise life has been hetic.