Status: active

It's Been a While

What I wouldn't give to hear it

Brian had remained tight lipped on where they were going, whenever asked by Arya he would just smile and say 'Trust me.'
Soon enough the taxi pulled up outside a small blue building. Brian got out holding the door open for Arya. She looked around while Brian paid, she noticed a small black bat with wings spray painted on the wall next to the door. She walked over to it and traced her fingers over the wings.
'It's the Deathbat.' She nodded acknowledging Brian's words and watched as he pulled some keys out of his pocket and opened the door beside her.
She followed him as he walked through a small corridor and through another door that led into recording studio. The walls were a dark red and were covered in photos of the guys with various people. Again she saw the brunette in the pictures. She was in most of them, and always next to Brian smiling.
She was brought back to the present by Brian taking her bag from her. He walked over to the table and emptied it out.
'Hey! What are you doing?' Arya ran over and snatched the bag from Brian and started to put the things back in it.
'Sorry I wanted something from your bag; this was the safest way to get it'
'Safest?'
She looked up and saw that he had her journal in his hands. 'Yea I know how much crap women carry in them things, I’m likely to lose an arm in there trying to find anything'
'You'll lose the arm if you don't give me my journal back' Arya retorted. Brian just smiled at her 'Beautiful and feisty.'
Arya blushed and walked forward to grab the journal but stopped when Brain retreated. 'What were you writing in here when we were in the studio?'
'What? Why do you want to know?'
'It was a song wasn't it? I want you to sing it for me, here'
'What makes you think I was writing a song? I could have been writing down a shopping list'
'I know when people are writing songs. I want you to sing the song for me'
'Why?'
'Please I just want you to sing for me'
'It's not finished.' Putting the book on the desk behind him Brian walked slowly over to her, he was so close she could smell the Old Spice and cigarettes. He slid his hand into hers and pulled her closer to him. 'I want you to sing it to me.' His voice was low, commanding and pleading at the same time. She wanted to, it would be such an intimate act between the two but she couldn't. To be that way with someone was too much was too alien for her. She stepped back and his hand fell from hers. She shook her head.
Silence fell over them. They stood looking at each other, to speak would break this moment and neither was ready or knew what to say.
Eventually Brian broke the moment; he turned and picked up her journal. Facing her he looked down at it, running his fingers over the surface ' What I wouldn't give to hear it.'
Maybe, someday she might sing to him but right now she needed a distraction and she found it propped up against the back wall. Arya smiled and walked over to the far wall, kneeling down she ghosted her fingers over the surface. Years with the guys had taught her to be very careful with their instruments and she assumed Brian was just as protecting of his.
She stood up and faced him 'can I?' Brian looked a little nervous and her smiled widen at this. Repeating his word from early she picked up the instrument.
'Trust me'