Status: active

It's Been a While

Skin

His breath was held as she slowly walked over to the couch with his guitar in her hands. She sat down and began to strum a couple of the strings, testing them. Testing Brian. Would he let her play?
After a couple of seconds she saw this as her green light and began to play.
Brian cracked out laughing as soon as he recognised the song. He strode over and took the guitar from her hands. 'You are not playing that on my guitar.' Smirking Arya stood up and took the guitar back 'You should play it on stage some day.' Brian scoffed ' I am not play twinkle twinkle little star on stage ever.' His comment was met with an eye roll from her and she passed him back his guitar.
She walked over to the photos and asked him who the people were. He pointed out several family member of the band and some old friends of theirs. He then pointed to a petite blonde girl whom she had recognised earlier with Brian, only then she was brunette. Her name was Val. 'She’s Matt girlfriend, she used to tour manage the band when we first started.' He then pointed to another picture of her only in this one she had long brunette hair. 'That’s Michelle.' Confused Arya looked at Brian. 'Michelle and Val are twins' he clarified. Looking closer she noticed the slight differences in their faces. 'So Val and Matt and you and Michelle' she said. Nervously Brian rubbed the back of his neck and cleared his throat. ‘Michelle and I were never together we just you know hooked up a couple of times, we're just friends.' Moving onto the next pictures she saw group ones of them back stage or at parties. He noticed her looking at a group ones, he was just about to ask her where the rest of her band was when his phone went off. It was Jimmy calling him, it was then that he remembered that Jimmy was having a party at his tonight. After a couple of minutes of apologising to Jimmy and telling him that he would be over right away he shut his phone and turned back to Arya.
'That was Jimmy, he’s having a party at his tonight and I forgot.'
'Oh, okay well I’ll just grab my stuff and grab a taxi'
'Or you could grab taxi with me to Jimmy's' she smiled as he mimicked her English accent on the word 'taxi.' She wasn't really comfortable in big crowds, too many people, she felt like she couldn’t breathe. Before she had time to make up an excuse for not going Brian had grabbed her stuff and was leading her out of the building to get a taxi.
Pulling up to a big two storey cream coloured house she saw several cars parked outside, the party was underway. Hopping out of the taxi Brian had paid the driver and was now holding open the door for Arya. All the excuses she had thought of to get out of this had suddenly emptied from her head.
'C'mon Jimmy's parties are pretty eventful, something not to be missed' he encouraged. Taking a deep breath she climbed out of the taxi and took Brian waiting hand, giving her hand a gentle squeeze as he led her into the house.
Music was blasting through speakers, pulsating through her body. The front room was filled with people laughing and drinking. As they weaved their way through the crowd Arya tightened her grip on Brian’s hand and pulled herself closer to him, It didn't escape her noticed that a lot of people were pointing and talking about her presence here.
Finally they made their way through and out to the backyard. More people were outside, a dense cloud of cigarette and cigar smoke filled the air as they make their way further outside.
She was suddenly torn from Brian's hand and spun around. She came face to face with a very excited Jimmy. He engulfed her in a big hug, rambling on how this was the best event in an eventful night. When he let her go he turned to Brian 'well the part-ey is just buzzing about ray-ray being here.' His comment was met by puzzled looks from the both of them.
'Ray-ray is your new pet name from the Rev' Matt interrupted at he walked over with his hand slung over the shoulders of the petite blonde Brian had told her earlier was Val. Val gave a smile and was formally introduced by Matt. After a couple of minuites of catching up Jimmy started skipping around the small group repeatedly sing 'ray-ray' at the top of his voice much to the amusement of the group and the people nearby.
After a couple of hours of chatting with friends of Brian's and the band and being randomly hugged by Jimmy whenever he was around, Arya was starting to get tired. Brian had stayed with her the entire time. He would point out people that he knew and give Arya a little background story on them, after some time though he had noticed that she was getting tired and suggested that he take her home.
Throughout the night he remain very close to her, whether it was to whisper something in her ear about a guest or if they were sat down talking his leg or arm would be touching hers. This constant closeness had created a charge that seemed to build as the night went on. Arya felt like her skin was crackling from it, she didn't know how much more she could take.
As they were making their way through the crowds to say goodbye to the guys the door into the house was packed with guests.Seeing no way through Brian guided her back and led her down to the right side of the house. There were no guests down here; it was black save for a light coming from a downstairs window. Opening the window and he jumped through; he held his arms out for her and she followed him. The room appeared to be a guest room. The music and guests could be heard through the closed door although it was numbed down a little.
Arya was in Brian's arms, she hadn't moved from them since he had helped her through the window. Her body was so close to his, her chest was pressed against his, his arms locked around her small waist. Neither moved, neither spoke, his breathe fanned her face.
Dipping his head a little, his eyes never left hers as he brought his lips down to hers. Her plump lips met his and she gasped. She had never kissed someone intimately before, it was overwhelming. He deepened the kiss, his tongue glided against hers and the feeling was euphoric.
The party was forgotten, the music was silent to them both, and nothing else existed but the two of them in that room.
Skin grazed skin and moans were swallowed by kisses and gasps of pleasure, they were lost in each other.